Thread: mod not loading, please help

Default mod not loading, please help

Problem: The game starts normally but nothing has changed, it is like the mod is not there.
    Reason: The game does not load the NTF.pack
    Solution: a) Open user.scrip.txt and make it in Unicode format. b) Make NTF.pack a "movie" type. To do that:
    Open [NTW]\data\NTF\NTF.pack with PFM. Click on Choose a Pack Action and mark movie. Save as NTF.pack in your desktop. Then take it and copy back in [NTW]\data\NTF\ replacing the older NTF.pack. Try again. Now it does not matter if you edit user script, since the NTF.pack file is a "movie" type, the game will be forced to load it eitherway.
    Did this, did not work.

solution a.) i dont know how to set to unicode, can only change format to 'word wrap' or change "font.."

solution b.) did all that, still does not load

anyone know what I can do?

Default Re: mod not loading, please help

Please, can anyone help?

I really want to play N:TW once again, but I just cannot get into the huge factions. and I dont want to revert back to empire because the physics and everything is so much more enjoyable in N:TW.

I really want to play as a smaller faction but the NTF mod simply does not work, as i mentioned above i went through and changed the .pack to 'movie', but it still does not load the mod.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is the game starting at all? If yes what you can see in faction selection menu?

the game is indeed starting, but it is starting up without the mod. just fresh NTW.

i can only see britain/austria/russia/prussia to start with when i do campaign of coalition

Quote Originally Posted by armoafro View Post
    Did this, did not work.

solution a.) i dont know how to set to unicode, can only change format to 'word wrap' or change "font.."

solution b.) did all that, still does not load

anyone know what I can do?
    If you have made NTF.pack a "movie" type (plan b) and your game starts, there is no chance to play vanilla. You'll play the mod or CTD, there is no alternative. Check this: You have to change the data\NTF\NTF.pack and not the data\NTF.pack.

yup, that is the one i changed.

i opened the thing again in the pack file program and it was already marked as movie, so i guess i did change it.

not sure how the vanilla is opening.

also, i got mod manager and put the ntf packs into the data folder, and open them up using the manager, but it still opens up vanilla, however this time when i click on campaigns of coalition I CTD.
    Last edited by armoafro; June 22, 2010 at 11:58 PM.

ack!!

i figuered out the problem..

i had only installed 3.2 update, and not the 3.1 before it.

how silly. works great now!

I am having the same problem as he was, and nothing I've tried has made it work.

I changed the pack to a movie, and installed 3.2 after 3.1.

Does this maybe have something to do with the 1.3 update?

Edit: Never mind, it worked perfectly after I did a fresh install of Steam and Napoleon. I was previously running it in a weird way because the operating system on my old hard drive I originally installed it on decided to stop working.
    Last edited by sethyboy0; June 27, 2010 at 08:54 AM.