Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: EBNOM official discussion thread

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

since we are in the era of the dictatorship of Sulla, will recommend you for another Roman faction, so that there are civil wars

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Borbonic South View Post
    since we are in the era of the dictatorship of Sulla, will recommend you for another Roman faction, so that there are civil wars

I'm amazed your the first one that suggested this... Let's say that the factions are already decided... It's up to you to make an opinion wheater we added 2 Roman factions or not

Icon3 Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

or maybe new skins for marian roman, new helmet,
    lorica segmentata,etc.

a AOR (area of reclutament) of the legions
    Legio XII Fuminata for example, Legio I germanica, Legio IX, etc

lorica segmentata

this helmet on legionnaire NO !!

AOR (area of reclutament) of legions
    Last edited by +MementoMori+; October 20, 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borbonic South View Post
    Actually, this mod starts in 80 BC, the end of his dictatorship (he resigned and was elected consul with Metellus Pius). However five important conflicts were starting but no faction slot needs to be wasted.

Spartacus' rebellion (73 BC attacks Campania region... scripting?)
    Rebel general Marcus Amelius Lepidus (77 BC controls Eturia region)
    Third Dalmatian War (78 BC rebels control Dalmatae)
    Mithradates is beginning to re-build his army
    Sertorian War (obviously Sertorius is being represented ).

These should be represented in the game as they add further difficulty to maintaining the over-extended republic.

EDIT: btw the lorica segmentata was not widely used until 9AD (maybe veteran units should have upgrades?). The chainmail (lorica hamata) was the most used until then.
    Last edited by rocknrollrefugee; October 21, 2010 at 01:37 AM.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

We won't have different legions, like RS has. We think it's a waste of faction slots... However about the addition of a LS unit... Well... I won't tell anything .

In 80 BC Sulla was still the de-facto leader of Rome, and we will try to represent that the best we can, including the power struggle once he dies or sth...

when released this mod? and how install this mod?
    rome totalwar;barbarian invasion;patch 1.6 and novus ordo mundi and not is necessary europa barbarorum 1.2?,thanks.

It's to soon to set a release date... We are about 50 % done on the factions, but i have no idea how long it will take to actually make a modpack to release the mod.

The mod will be for Barbarian Invasion, but i can't tell if you will need the original EB 1.2 or not. We haven't made a decision about that yet.

Are any of those historical events I mentioned going to be represented in some way? Sulla was only Consul for a few years before he "retired" and soon thereafter, died. Also a suggestion would be the starting positions of three key people: Sulla-Rome, Metellus Pius-Consular army near Hispania (to start the Sertorian War), Pompey-Africa.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Man oh man, I'm sorry I've been away so long, college became a priority, and I can't
    really play EB here.

Good stuff, EB: NOM team, this looks really good so far,
    Also, can someone PM me the link to the Dev Forum?
    I lost the link a while back.

Those Ptolemaic units look awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollrefugee View Post
    Are any of those historical events I mentioned going to be represented in some way?
    Yes... But i won't tell you which ones and how

LMAO! Anubis you've got me salivating more than a fat guy at a BBQ! I just can't wait for this mod... or the next preview

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Your words are very kind.

I believe some events sugested will be represented. We just need to decide the why about the representation. Scripted events are a option.

However i may be jump ahead but we also need guys that can make faction videos and someone that possess know how about music and programing.

However all this goes straight to Anubis. So if you possess that knowlages send a pm to Anubis and expose your knowlages. I believe we will listen you very throughly.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Tiro

The only skills i have is more siutable for the after party when the MOD is done
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

A little preview... Well... For the preview

Can you guys guess which unit is this?

Dan Rares's Avatar Civis

I think is a piece from Haysdan ? right ?

It will be recruitable by Hayasdan, yes, tough not at the start

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Previewing the EB:NOM intro music (courtesy of GRV Music) and a few unnamed units.

Very promising, guys.

I can't even play as Romans anymore knowing this mod is in actually happening. Awesome track!

Statisfication guaranteed guys, but please keep some eyes for some unit models, they will feast on your eyes with disbelievements