Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: EBNOM official discussion thread

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

Well we have another faction ready... I just don't want to post the preview yet

hey is this going to be compatible with EB for BI or will I have to play without the expansion?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    just no, actually, the Chinese Han provincial force at the Xinjiang regions was comprised more of mercenary Xiongnu horsemen and tribesmen, as well as Imperial guards dispatched from the east. We could made them represented by huge eleutheroi garrison though.
    listen! the Imperial family speaks!
    well, no chinese on NOM! except the modeller and mapper!

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

This is just a small candy until the release of a new preview. This is a unit that now will be part of the Numidia faction. Hope you enjoy that.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Tiro

Will u post the download link here when the time is right or what? Would like to know were it pops up u knuw
    And i also wanna give the hugest thumbs up for making a mod with a sertorian faction. i belive(in my opinion that is) that Quintus Serorius was/is the best general rome ever spawned.

And a last thing, will i have the same trouble installing this as i had with EB?? I never got that one working
    But as i said, BIG UP!!!
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Well i believe that when the mod is ready we will have a page for the download of it...but the better person to answear this is ANubis after all he is the guy in charge.

ABout instalation problems i believe our programmers will do all that this will not give any problems.

Kept fallowing us...soon you will have another surprise...how soon i cant say...but soon...
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Tiro

Thanks for the quick replay man, i belived i was the only active guy in today
    I do belive u will do all u can to make it an easy install, just that the EB team said that to and i didn't seem to understand what i did wrong xD

I must say that i belive EB would be the greatest thing(after this one ofc) but i never managed to understand how to make it work. Installed it, started it and i only got up my vanilla rome :'(
    So right now i play RTR but when this comes out i shall bunker up a couple of tequila bottles and some pizzas and i won't come out for a couple of days, if u know what i mean
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy

Hey Marcus!

It's a shame you haven't played EB! It's a must! Post a thread in the EB bugs and thechnical thread, and tell there what's wrong with the instalation. Xsamatan is a great guy, and i'm 100% he'll find what's wrong with your installation. It would be a real shame if you don't play EB.

Of course, our mod will have many features from EB, so playing EB first will make playing this mod much easier, since you'll know what you are doing from the begininng.

I agree on Sertorius... He is my pet project... I plan on making his faction even better then stated in the preview... I'm still working on some new sources for him.

Tiro

If u want i loved to help on that aswell as the thing we talked about on PM.
    It's not the installation that is wrong, i think im putting it in the wrong folder or soo.
    I only got 1.1 though and i have win 7. After install only vanilla pops up when i try to start EB.

I do belive EB is a must and i have tried several times, but for now i play RTR platinum 1.9.
    Got a bit more realistic i think. besides Egyptians owning half of Byzantian area?!(hmmm :O)
    Well, i shall most sertainly try and install it again, but where does i put the damn files, what folder xD??

Btw, keep me posted on news on NOM and things u need help looking out

Here... You can't miss anything with this - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146237

OMG thanks for the candy Lionheart! I'm sooo excited about this mod you have no idea. I wish I could help if someone would let me know what modding tools I need to help and how to use them. I check this post EVERYDAY (not joking) for updates because I think this should have been the starting date for EB (and especially RS2 cuz I just got done playing and NOT enjoying the arcade-style, blitzing, unhistorical gameplay) as it allows for the focus to be on Rome and her exploitation or expansion.

Anubis, and the rest of the team, I can't thank you enough for the work you are doing. If you need more research on Sertorius I'd be glad to help and even with more technical things (skin, models) however I'm not savvy in design nor do I know the programs to use (or how to use them). Let me know if there's anything I can do. I'm a full time student but I can make time for this much needed mod. I can't wait for another preview!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Tiro

Ur like me then man, im a full time studentwho wanna help out cuz i can't wait for it

Rocknrollrefugee, Marcus Marcellus, if you really want to help, but you don't know how, I've got an idea. There is a free soft called Paint.NET. You can download it and then google for tutorials, you can also visit You Tube for video tutorials. When you would feel confident with it, you can start skinning.

Or do you draw well with a pencil?

Have you got a museum in your home town with artifacts of our mod time frames?

Or you can always propose quotations of authors lived in 80 BC - 180 AD.

Tiro

Im currently doing some reasearch, i belive i would be awful at making skins, but i draw pretty OK(u can see what it is )
    So if it's ok with u i can just draw the units i look up and then send them to the person who does the skins?

Iv'e talked to Anubis about it and he sent me looking at some stuff. I will keep u posted if i find some usefull?
    And then again, thanks guys for working on this...i realy think it will blow minds and free some minds from the vanilla propaganda like version of the Ancient world Big Thumbs UP!!

And i shall start looking in to some quotes aswell
    Last edited by Marcus Marcellus; October 17, 2010 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Missed a part in last post i read ;)

Tiro

I just downloaded the Paint.NET thing and shall give it a try
    plz PM me about the thing i shall skin(not to adwanced) and i shall do a tutorial first and then get to it

Imperator Valentine's Avatar Foederatus

Hey folks! I just wanted to join the bandwagon in thanking you for doing this wonderful work! I love EB but never got far enougth with any game to see much of it's latter era units. I had always hoped for some mod that woul have a "Everyone else against the Roman big guy" scenario! And now it's here and judging from your previous it's pure awesomeness!

Got to keep down the excitement or less my doc will up my meds again.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Imperator Valentine; October 24, 2010 at 10:07 AM.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words guys! It's a completly different thing working on something when you know people are interested in playing it. We are working as fast as we can, but of course we are all very busy IRL, and that's why it may take some time for the mod to be finished.

But fear not. We are doing some really great work. Our artists Finn and LDC are pumping new units like crazy, and the history department team is working stadily. We are also discussing various additions to the game, that the BI.exe engine will give us.

We always need the help, especially with the artists department... So if you can learn to create units or sth, it would greatly increase the speed of our work... All in all, like i said, the mod is progressing very nicely indeed. There are a few factions that are all but ready, and others that are being worked on, so i can promise a new preview pretty soon. But a longer one then the Ptolemaioi one, so it may take some time to write it

Thanks for the suggestion Finn, I will try to start skinning asap. Also, I don't think any nearby museums have much on ancient history but I will check. I'll check my university's library for any info I can contribute and ask my professor if he has any books I can borrow. Anubis, I'm glad to hear that things are going well and I, for one, can say that I will wait for this much overdue mod no matter how long it takes. Keep up the good work!

Tiro

Icon4 Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollrefugee View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Finn, I will try to start skinning asap. Also, I don't think any nearby museums have much on ancient history but I will check. I'll check my university's library for any info I can contribute and ask my professor if he has any books I can borrow. Anubis, I'm glad to hear that things are going well and I, for one, can say that I will wait for this much overdue mod no matter how long it takes. Keep up the good work!
    If i had ur vocabulary i would be callad a GOD
    Very good speach!

I don't anderstand the skinning thing(got paint.net though) but i shall keep looking for Historical facts and some qoutes

If annyone got suggestions to were to look about the scandinavians plz do tell. Im swedish and still the local libraries have nothin except earliest 100 AD...pretty much to late ere right
    I think i must check the universial library to find anny good stuff. peace!

Tiro

I realy can't wait until this mod is finnished and there for i must ask, is it possible to give a faction legionaries after the marian reform?
    I wanna give the Iberians in my RTR legionaries after marian reform, is this possible ?
    Any experienced modder who can help me to endure the long wait?!?! By telling me if its possible that would be
    Last edited by Marcus Marcellus; October 20, 2010 at 05:36 AM.