Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: EBNOM official discussion thread

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

THIS MOD IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST UNKNOWN MASTERPIECE IN THE MAKING! It will be a must have mod for EB (and EB II when that comes out)
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Thanks a lot! We are really hoping to provide a unique gameplay experience with this mod Hopefully we will succed in what we are planning to do. Things are looking really good so far

And here's the new logo of our mod Made by jirisys

jirisys's Avatar Senator

Icon10 Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    And here's the new logo of our mod Made by jirisys

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Full Size:

~Jirisys (Megales Logoae)
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

minor nitpick! Put Augustus' head on top of all those puny leaders

jirisys's Avatar Senator

No, he wasn't a person who changed the world order, he just continued it

The others are important (Mighty opposers and combatants of the republic: Tigran, Mithridates, Surena (Killed Crassus), Spartactus, Vercingetorix)(the ones who changed it: the triumvirate, sulla, Sertorius)

~Jirisys (the logo is perfect, NO NITPICKS)
    Signature
    Because we all need to compensate...

now, what?

hollowfaith's Avatar Ordinarius

This mod looks great! I can't wait to try it!
    Rome II Total Realism (TW:R2) - Music composer.
    Rome Total Realism Project (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.
    Rome Total Realism: VII (R:TW) - Music composer and noise legionnaire.

Authentic Ancient World: (TW:R2) - Music composer

Quote Originally Posted by hollowfaith View Post
    This mod looks great! I can't wait to try it!
    just wait and be surprised!

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

Bruninkai (Lugian Heavy Cavalry)

Born out of the ashes of the Pomeranian culture, the Przeworsk culture was one of two Baltic cultures (the other being the Balto-Slavic Zarubintsy) that flourished during Roman Iron Age With the introduction of Celtic ironworking techniques, metallurgy flourished, with tools and weapons of stone, bone, and hardened wood becoming iron. Horses became increasingly important, with bridles and bits featured in many warrior burials, as well as large swords for the cavalry and perhaps two-handed use. Active trade with Romans to the south became prominent, with amber from the Austjai (Aestii) to the north flowing through Przeworsk lands. Burials were notable richer than those of Germanic groups to the west, likely as a result of this trade.

With mass migration out of Scandinavia following the the Cimbric migration, East Germanic tribes, such as the Geutones (Gotones/Goths; likely related to the Geutōzez, or Geats) emigrated from the Götaland area to Pomerania, displacing the Oksywie culture and forming the Wielbark culture, which slowly expanded southward. Some of these East Germanic groups became absorbed into the Przeworsk culture; these would become the Vandals of later times.

Despite the advances in metallurgy, metal armour was still rare, reserved for the high elite and the best warriors, who won it from Celtic and Roman opponents. With a long lance in one hand and a thureos in the other, these men bravely charge into battle, and slash their opponents to pieces with a long cavalry sword. It was from these men that the East Germanic cavalry tradition of later times would be born.

Man! I'm so giddy about this mod. When I first heard of this I couldn't help but think, "Hey I was thinking about something like that!" lol. I'm a noob so the task of creating such a mod was so daunting I just decided to make minor modifications: adding rebel city units, less money given to AI, growth bonuses from buildings but I'm really satisfied with my unit sizes for the Romani. It makes me play more historically accurate with proportionate legion sizes. Each being half of the actual legion sizes (with the exception of Marian units).

Camillan: 160 for the hastati and principes, 180 for triarii (lowered stats a bit but not too much) and 240 for rorarii and acensii (lowered amount of ammo and stats). 1 legion is 3 of each infantry maniple (9 total) plus 2 rorarii, 2 cavalry, and 1 acensii

Polybian: 120 for maniple classes, 240 for velites and I use allied long-range missile troops because though the acensii are available they were not part of the new reforms. 1 legion is 5 of each maniple (15 total) 1 velites, 2 cavalry, 1 allied unit (usually merc archers)

Marian: 240 first cohort, 120 cohort. 1 legion is 9 cohorts plus 1 first cohort (which was historically double 1 normal cohort hence the 120 unit size) and allied units make up the rest. This hardcoded unit size limit sucks because half of a cohort is 240 but the first cohort is double that and well I just can't make a unit that is 480 in size like the 1st cohort should be. Therefore I increased the stats of the units just a bit to reflect the discipline and superior drilling of the Marian units

I used the unit sizes mentioned in http://www.roman-empire.net/army/army.html and broke them down to fit.

I'm not sure if yall are keen on changing the unit sizes but I would just like to know what you think. Just trying to help in any way I can. I really look forward to playing this mod so I can stop drooling over the previews. Peace
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

Well, we actually haven't really decided on what the unit sizes will be. We hadn't even decided yet what the balance of the units will be, since the guys are trying out some complex mathematical models and who knows what alse, to give the most realistic performance as possible. We will tackle the unit sizes eventually, altough I don't think there will be a drastic change from EB. At least that's not a plan right now. We will hovewer try to make the experience as historically accurate as possible, so therefore we might revise the numbers in order to increase the alredy great level of roleplay.

We will however make the Gladius stronger, so your legions will be a bit stronger, but that's all i can say about this right now.

Also we have 2 more previews ready to go, or should I say 2 factions have been all but completed. A preview will almost definetly come out this week, while the second one will be so great that we don't even know if we should show it at all

So prepare to drool again

gamegeek2's Avatar Centenarius

The gladius will be stronger, but there will be less men per legionary unit. After all, weren't centuries 80 men, not 100?

This is what Cohortes Reformatae look like ATM:

; COMMENTS Cohors Reformata / Start exp: 0
    type roman infantry legionary cohort i
    dictionary roman_infantry_legionary_cohort_i
    category infantry
    class light
    voice_type General_1
    soldier roman_infantry_cohorsreformata, 40, 0, 1.18
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, warcry
    formation 1, 1.2, 1.2, 1.4, 4, square, testudo
    stat_health 1, 5
    stat_pri 5, 7, pilum, 35, 2, thrown, blade, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr ap, prec, thrown
    stat_sec 12, 6, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 0, 0.165
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 11, 6, 6, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 3
    stat_ground 0, 1, 0, -1
    stat_mental 12, disciplined, trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 1464, 366, 68, 513, 1464
    ownership romano_british, empire_west, empire_west_rebels, slave

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

you could clearly see that the statsystem is still under progress and we'll test some another things and anothers, as the current stats put Cohors Reformata as "light infantry" and have warcry....

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Keep on asking guys! you'll rouse the team to get hard on to finish their work faster and faster!

Yay! Sertorius!
    Favorite Roman in history
    Thanks for starting this mod, seems like fun, and at least we wont have to wait for the reforms to come anymore ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Aemilius Scaurus View Post
    and at least we wont have to wait for the reforms to come anymore ^^
    Well sure you will! The Roman Imperial reforms will be much greater then those in EB, and there may be even more reforms for you to expect... Did the Romans have any reforms even after the Augustan?

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Well sure you will! The Roman Imperial reforms will be much greater then those in EB, and there may be even more reforms for you to expect... Did the Romans have any reforms even after the Augustan?
    even the Roman Lupus Catafractii will made an appearance!

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

First thing I want to say is good luck I am sure it will be as professionally done as the original EB.

I have a couple of questions though; the mod starts in 80 BC when is the proposed end date?

The present EB v1.2 has no compatibility issues when it comes to online multiplayer and there are not too many mods that can say that.

Will this mod meet that standard for multiplayer custom battles?

Would it be possible to have two types of General units one mounted and one as infantry for each faction? It offers more options for multiplayer that’s all.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

I never even had the first reforms in normal EB so.. :p
    Too lazy to go on

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos Lykos View Post
    even the Roman Lupus Catafractii will made an appearance!
    Nice one, really loled there, since i thought it was some kind of historical unit +rep!

Btw, yay, i gave you a fleur-de-lis