Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: EBNOM official discussion thread

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum: Novus Ordo Mundi

The Numidian Legionary unit is certainly a slightly reskinned RTR unit - I did a small reskin of it a few weeks ago myself

I am proud to be part of a team which is glad to share its work, and I hope others will follow its example. I would take it as a compliment if someone chose to use my work, but it is always better to PM people and make sure they are fine with it, as well as acknowledge their work when you preview it. Saves issues like this...
    Last edited by Caligula Caesar; August 28, 2010 at 07:06 PM.
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

As i've said before, i would never allow units to be used from other mods without permission. If we found a particular unit interesting, we would PM the people responsible for them and ask for permission. However as i said as well, i had no idea these units were already used. They were presented as new ones, and we liked them, and we did not doubt them, since there was no reason for that prior to this incident.

I sincerly apologize for any missuse of the units. Like Lionheart said, i've posted the second i saw this here in our internal forums to clarify matters. But you must understand that i can't accuse anyone until i hear both sides of the coin.

I have the outmost respect for the RTR team. After all, i played all the versions of their mod from their beginnings.

I must also point out, that with the exception of gamegeek2 and DeathFinger, we are not EB team members, so the EB team shouldn't be accused of anything, rather it should be us, that are working on Novus Ordo Mundi.

So, to wrap things up. We sincerly apologize if we used any units that are not ours. Once i know what's going on, we will either ask the owners for the permission, or cut the unit and remake it. It was never our intention to copy from anyone; we are working closely with Asia ton Barbaron and the guys of FRRE, and noone alse.

Like I said, I apologize for everything, and i'm really thankfull that you guys allow us now to use our units, but believe me, I would never willingly approve to take any unit without asking for permission first. One of our goals was to create new units, and most are based on EB models.

I'll post again once things are resolved, since this is some really bad info about our mod. We are only trying to create a great gaming experience with the great base we already have in EB.

But believe when i say this was not made willingly. But i won't accuse anyone on our team until i hear their side of the story. I hope you understand that.

Thanks for the kind words guys tough, it really means a lot for me to have your support in this matter.

Indefinitely Banned

@ Anubis88

Thanks for your words matey, as I said in my previous post, speaking on behalf of the RTR team, as far as we are concerned this matter is resolved and you do have permission to use our units in your excellent mod, so there's no need for you to cut any units on our behalf. Bon Chance!

Thanks Tony... But i really think that this was just a missunderstanding... Perhaps our guy simply didn't realize he was doing something wrong, and everything blew up over proportion.

We won't take any more units from you, don't worry about that. But this guy will give your credits in as well once it's made, if we use him

Thanks for allowing us to use them, and sorry again of course

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Thanks Tony... But i really think that this was just a missunderstanding... Perhaps our guy simply didn't realize he was doing something wrong, and everything blew up over proportion.

We won't take any more units from you, don't worry about that. But this guy will give your credits in as well once it's made, if we use him

Thanks for allowing us to use them, and sorry again of course
    Anubis88, if I may; I don't think that there is any problem with you using others' work - indeed I will quote Caligula Caesar: "I would take it as a compliment if someone chose to use my work"

I think the idea that you are somehow 'stealing' is a misinterpretation; as Tony83 said, "RTR policy on allowing others to use our material is very simple: if it has been released into the public domain, then it is freely available for use on request, providing the usual acknowledgements are given"

The last (underlined) part there is really the only issue here; the use of elements of others' work may well help in speeding your mod along and, as has been said, is - if anything - a complement to those who have produced units, and the only issue really is acknowledgement, in the form of credit and permission - and I get the impression from the TW modding community that that will generally be given freely.

If you read Tony83's posts properly you'll find that the RTR team are more than happy for you to use elements of their work, and find it complementary, and that the only issue here is one of giving credit.

In short, you've done nothing wrong, and a small issue has been blown out of all proportion. Using others' work is not only not a problem but makes sense - so long as credit is given.

All is well. Peace go with you

I know that they allowed for their work to be used. But we did not know it. The guy who made them apologized, since he didnt know he wasnt allowed to do that. Im very thankfull that the RTR guys would allow us to use their work, if we acknowledge them, but the issue is that i didnt know of this, and florin80 threw everything except a kitchen sink at us, like we are the worst sorts of criminals.

We will definetly give the credits now, and we would give them before if we knew. Well actually we would ask first.

Im really happy that everything is ok now. I just want to say that we are not the sorts of people who would take credit from the works of other without their knowledge and mention.

I will start working on an indisputable preview soon, to give you guys something completly ours to look at

Im very thankfull that the RTR guys would allow us to use their work, if we acknowledge them, but the issue is that i didnt know of this, and florin80 threw everything except a kitchen sink at us, like we are the worst sorts of criminals.
    The only thing you really should say to me in this case is thanks for bringing the matter to your attention(as I did and provided pictures too so you can judge for yourself) and sorry that you did not believe me and called the statement ridiculous, when it was actually a true fact. And also for putting words like "stealing" and "criminals" into my mouth. I only told you the truth and you shouldn`t be the one complaining about that. At no point have I asked anything of you other than to give credits to the artists involved. The twc forum rules are very clear about using stuff from other mods so don`t be shocked towards me. The moment you add the artists` names to the preview post I`ll send another PM to the staff telling them it was peacefully solved.
    We will definetly give the credits now, and we would give them before if we knew. Well actually we would ask first.
    Asking first is common courtesy and basically shows respect for your fellow modders. Most likely they`ll agree anyway, but it doesn`t hurt to do it. Especially since there are people who may not agree. RTR for example may have their liberal policy(everything published as long as credits are given), but others don`t. EB for example has a very restrictive set of rules and if you`d have edited their models and textures instead, you would have had a serious problem now. Instead of asking for sympathy you`d probably have asked for mercy. Take a look:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89306
    Last edited by florin80; August 29, 2010 at 03:48 PM.

You are still missing the point, and manipulate everything me or my team said on this subject, so i will not speak with you further. The things you did could be easily done via PM with a different tone. It would be adressed immidiately, without here being 2 pages on this subject, detering from the hard work we've done so far. If you have any more accusations, go ahead and tell the moderators.

The preview was public and so were the praise you were happily accepting for it. I don`t see why because these facts were brought to you also publicly(and not via a private PM) you can`t accept them as happily as you did with the former.
    i will not speak with you further.
    That`s a good idea even if it comes a bit late. You could have not been part of this conversation at all given that you were not the unit maker and Lionheart(who obviously had made an innocent mistake and I`m sincerely sorry to have spoiled his fun of posting the preview) had already promised to look into the matter. "stealing", "worst criminals", "won't take any more units from you" those are all your words and the whole drama was just in your mind. Granted, it could have been real, had the people involved not been so nice about it. So play the victim all you want, the truth is, of all that could have been done in such a case, nothing actually happened to you. You just need to add three names at the end of a post...

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

The credits are given to their right owners.

In my name is must appologise in the name of our team for using units or parts of the units to make new ones.

If anything is missing please tell me or post a message here and i will solve the issue.

Again my thanks to the RTR team and the creators of the units because their work is very inspiring and they are great modders with a great and fantastic capacity for creation and without them the units will not exist.

In conclusion i do hope that this will finally put a end to the question.
    Proud member of EB: Novus Ordo Mundi

Coming here to post my support for this mod and hope everything goes well

Thanks Brapbrapbap

Everything is going well... Even better then well atm We are making some really nice progress... It's to bad a shadow was cast on this mod, but we will do everything in our power for it to be forgotten, so only the good things will be remembered

We have a few previews almost ready, but we won't finish them yet. We don't want to spoil you too much

yo! I'm here too...

Tank's for your support.

We are working hard. Perhaps soon some surprises will pop up.

Why are LDC is banned? umm, we should kick him out from our team because he must be repeat offender of model stealing then...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullheadhq View Post
    Why are LDC is banned? umm, we should kick him out from our team because he must be repeat offender of model stealing then...
    Aren't you to quick to judge? It could've been something completly different. Apart from the incident with the Numidian, LDC made some great skins.

Also, this is not the place to discuss such things. We have our own forum for that

I must agree with that. The Numidian issue is solved. Also we have our own devellopers forum to solve that issues.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Aren't you to quick to judge? It could've been something completly different. Apart from the incident with the Numidian, LDC made some great skins.

Also, this is not the place to discuss such things. We have our own forum for that
    umm, we should discuss that seriously in our Dev foum...

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Nice idea, I will be following this.
    L'union fait la force. Eendracht maakt macht.
    Their name liveth for evermore

Thanks The more followers we get the better it feels working on the mod