Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you follow the old gods?!

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Default Do you follow the old gods?!

Old gods I mean Roman or Greek or other gods.

Zoroastra, Baal, Thor, Saturn, Asklepios.....
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Bovril's Avatar Primicerius
    Civitate Patrician

Zorastra was a prophet, not a god, and Zorastrism is very much a living religion. Ahura Mazda is the (chief) god of Zoroastrianism.

Hamelkart's Avatar Senator

And Ahriman is the evil figure if I'm not mistaken.
    PADAJ SILO I NEPRAVDO!

tBP is a, what's the word for it, follower of the Druid system/Celtic gods (correct me if I'm wrong, o patron my patron).

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Pra's Avatar Sir Lucious Left Foot

I do...sorta-old Hinduism.
    Under patronage of Emperor Dimitricus Patron of vikrant1986, ErikinWest, VOP2288

Anagennese, the Rise of the Black Hand

MacMillan doesn't compensate for variable humidity,wind speed and direction or the coriolis effect. Mother nature compensates for where Macmillan's crosshairs are.

I've considered following this guy, but he demands that his followers consume the flesh and blood of bulls. He was the favorite god of the roman legions at one time and also worshipped by several emperors.

First Crusader's Avatar Senator

Okay, lets rephrase the question...

What old Gods do you SERIOUSLY follow?
    Heresy grows from idleness.

No cause for such alarm. There are many ways for you to die - I'm just one of them.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

I was about to follow Asatru(Odin, Thor and those fellows) but decided that athiest would be best.
    It is fun to see however that the old religions are coming back.
    Asatru for example has become an offical religion in Denmark next to Christianity and Islam and is growing in other countries as well.

Saint-Germain's Avatar Comte

It is fun?

Here was me thinking that gods were something to be taken seriously - a definate life-or-death thing - and here are people saying "Let's worship the Old Gods, we know they aren't really real, but it'll be a bit of fun"

Am I missing something?
    né Menander
    Under the covetous wing of Ozymandias
    Patronizing my favourite (not so) little guy, Turbo

"With this weather, it might as well be Thursday..."

My father is a devoted Asadyrkare(dont know the english word thor and oden )

worship of thor, odin, the norse pantheon is known as Asatru, or heathernism

the old religions are very much alive and well, and a lot of people don't worship them because they are fun, but do in fact taken it seriously.

justinian is correct, i'm a druidist, a follower of the druid religion of celtic europe, though different modern druid orders interpret this in different ways. some follow celtic/druid values and traditions in a modern world, others, like mine, literally worship and ask assistance of the celtic gods.

Ummon's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

The old gods are not gods, and they are inside you. They don't need following, only attentive listening, being messengers of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by GodNeptune
    I've considered following this guy, but he demands that his followers consume the flesh and blood of bulls. He was the favorite god of the roman legions at one time and also worshipped by several emperors.

Was that Mithras?

Yes it is. Mithras killing the bull. Astronomical reference, in truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ummon
    The old gods are not gods, and they are inside you. They don't need following, only attentive listening, being messengers of something else.
    Pretty much same can be said of any god.

Everyone is warhero, genius and millionaire in Internet, so don't be surprised that I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwaz
    Pretty much same can be said of any god.
    Not really.

Darkragnar's Avatar Member of Ordo Malleus

Well i folllow the old gods ,Shiva, Krishna, Indra, Ganesh, Kaali and the rest of them.
    these gods have been around for more than 3000 years and they are still worshiped in today.In fact Hinduism is the 3rd most followed religion in the World after Christanity and Islam.
    here are some pics from the Kumbh Mela that is held roughly every 4 years when the celeterial bodys are in a certain alignment.

and heres a pic of the Godess Durga.
    Member of the House of Marenostrum
    They call this war a cloud over the land. But they made the weather and then they stand in the rain and say ****, it's raining!

Quote Originally Posted by Ummon
    Not really.

Actually yes. After incidents mentioned in some holy texts no god has seen it fit to make themselves known in any direct and undeniable way.

Everyone is warhero, genius and millionaire in Internet, so don't be surprised that I'm not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwaz
    Actually yes. After incidents mentioned in some holy texts no god has seen it fit to make themselves known in any direct and undeniable way.
    And why should a god make him/herself known in an undeniable way? Furthermore, how could a god make him/herself known in an undeniable way? The thing, is infact, not possible. What we see as a miracle, could always be superior technology, illusion, subjective experience, mass hallucination, quantum oscillation, suggestion, etc.

No god would waste his time with such idle activity.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast