0 0%
  • Abstain

1 8.33%

Thread: [Citizen] Capt.Fozdike (Patron : Major Darling)PASSED

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default [Citizen] Capt.Fozdike (Patron : Major Darling)PASSED

Client: Capt.Fozdike

Client Hello to members of the CdeC. I joined TWC in September of ’09 and my main reason for joining was the gathering of mods for Medieval 2 Total War and Empire Total War. I then began to look in other parts of the forum and began posting in other areas. After I joined most of my attention was in the Empire Total War section of the forums but I then found the Basement which I then posted in to provide help with member’s computer issues. Soon after I joined the forums even though I have no experience at modding TW games I found myself wanting to help out more on TWC and I submitted an application to join the Eagle Standard to Viking Prince (I think he ignored me ).

Eagle Standard:
    In early February I then resubmitted to Augustus Lucifer and I was accepted and I am currently assigned to the Lookout Post, Chief Reporter for the ETW/NTW Section and backup reporter for the M2TW section.

My first review was in the February edition and can be found here.

My second edition with me in charge of the ETW/NTW Section can be found here.

My third edition was where I was pretty much an all-round writer and sort of filling in positions, that issue can be found here.

My now fourth issue was just released. This issue was a very hard one to publish since the editor seemed to disappear and several sections were missing. But it was, however, a good issue. It can be found here.

Podcasts:
    Soon after I joined the ES I saw the post in the Podcast forum saying they were looking for more people to help. This got me interested and I offered to help with the editing of the audio files. The Black Prince was nice enough to add me to the team. Soon after I found out that I was not only going to be editing but also speaking in them and my interview with Scorch was released several weeks ago.

Silver Shield:
    About a week after I joined the Content Staff I saw a thread in the Silver Shield asking for more reporters and since I already had interest in joining the Silver Shield I submitted an application to Armatus and I was accepted into the Silver Shield Team and I did my first interview with LDKSoldier in the 9th Edition. I couldn’t get an interview organized for the next one so I am filling in for the great Tzar in the art section for the Silver Shield.

RPGs:
    I also co-founded and moderate the first NTW RPG on TWC called Vive L’Empire. I am also active in many RPGs and try to help out their staff as much as possible. I know that running an RPG isn’t really considered a contribution as such, but a lot of work goes into running them since the LMs have to basically keep the game running.

Graphics Workshop:
    A while ago I opened up a workshop in the Graphics Workshop and I try and help members that have less knowledge of photo editing than myself (Not many). When I first joined one of the first things I noticed was the helpfulness of the staff and the general friendliness of the site and that is why I plan to keep contributing and helping run the site well into the future.

The Basement:
    Since I have worked with computers for a long time I have always considered the Basement to be one of my hidey-holes on TWC and visit there often to lend support and give answers to members computer and technical problems. Here are some various posts and threads that I have given advice in.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...52#post7158452
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...90#post7448390
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=357076
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...72#post7247672
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...19#post7158419
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...96#post7552596
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=347034
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...23#post7047823
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...85#post6958385

TWC Wiki:
    I have also begun to make small contributions to the wiki mostly in the area of the publications such as the Eagle Standard and Silver Shield. I am also a part of the TW NTW Wiki team. I am still getting used to this wiki stuff but I hope to help the users by helping to give them as much info on the site as possible. My list of contributions can be found here

Why do I want to be a citizen?
    Well, I like being able to help people and I’d like to help run the site in the way that Citizens can. I find that the citizens are a group of people that can be relied on to help and it would be a great privilege to be able to be a part of the site more. For me, it is not about the red name or the badge, I’d just like to be able to post in the CVRIA and have more of a say on how the site is run.
    Whether my contributions are enough and if I’m worthy to be a citizen, I will leave that to the CdeC to decide.

Patron: Major Darling

Patron Hi guys, I bring before you today an Australian.. Wow I may hear you say, these are the wonders of the colonies but never mind that. Fozdike has come before you in the past and you advised he contributes a bit more but that he was on the way. So today, I bring him before you again, since then he has become much more active in the Content Department as well as the Art World. He has shown that he likes to contribute to TWC and shows definite promise and he assures me that post citizenship he shall not just down tools and laze back in the SYMPOSIVM with us. I also feel he is a helpful guy around site in the Basement and in the GW and Content department. He also has a clear understanding of the CVRIA and what it does. So, for your enjoyment and adjudication, Capt. Fozdike.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Default Re: [Citizen] Capt.Fozdike (Patron : Major Darling)

I will certainly be voting yes.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

I am not sure, his main contributions lie in the, ES, SS, Podcast, but they are few by number. I would like to see a bit more of his articles. Don't seem to find what it is exactly he has done for the wiki, there is the list but it doesn't tell me any thing maybe some one who regular visits the wiki part of the site could help me with this?

His posts in the basement seem helping but they are not outstanding or that is what i make of it, maybe some one with more experience with this kind of stuff might bring in some useful feedback about this?

All in all he has a good attitude and is helpful by nature as it seems but i am not sure his contributions are enough at this point? I 'll investigate it a bit more but for now i am on the fence between no or abstain.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

im voting yes

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

I say his contributions look good, and I'm leaning towards a yes. Altough I will have a closer look later.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

the only reason i would vote no is so that I can propose him myself

a yes from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

I offered him patronisation myself. Yes

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

He seems to have a good laundry list in his application paragraph, but more investigation is needed. For now though, i don't see any glaring issues.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

It's hard to resist letting in a content feller, but I too need to do a bit more research. I don't recall this fellow, so I wonder if he made a big impression in content after I left?

Poll is up as well.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Content Emeritus

Voted yes, proposed about two months ago and was told he needed to do more, he has done more IMO and so I vote yes.
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

as do i

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I'm going to vote yes on this member, he seems to have the credentials, but just meeting them IMHO.
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Absolutely, yes

Not only has he contributed in different branches of Content Staff but he's also quite helpful and friendly. A clear yes.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

This is what I said last time:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer
    Well, he has done a good job, but he's only been in his current writing position for one issue. Initially I set out the ETW/NTW News to follow what I had done on M2 and he was one of three staff members moved there to start it up. A bit of willful negligence on my part and he showed initiative to step in and make things work, so I 'gave him the start'(made him the Chief Reporter). He did a nice job on the first issue, coordinating the gathering of the news to some extent, assigning them, writing some, and compiling it. The job he does on the news sections, from months of personal experience, is more time intensive than writing a much longer editorial, which I could whip out like nothing, but which looks more lengthy on paper.

But as I said, he's only been at it for one issue at this point. His application includes a lot of things he has recently joined, since his SS/Podcast contributions aren't yet published, and his ES contributions have been in two issues, one as an intern and one in his current capacity. I think he has also joined Wiki Staff and is pitching in over there. If the question were whether I think he can make a good Citizen once his contributions in those areas solidify, the answer would be yes. I do think he will meet the bar, since he has the qualities I'd expect and he has initiative. Too early right now, but 2-4 months down the road, assuming he pitches in to all the areas he has pledged support to, it will be a sure assent.

...and since then he has continued contributing to all of the sections he listed there, including maintaining the same level of excellence I expected from my writers on the ES for a further two issues. So I will be assenting to his ascension.

Content Emeritus

at least the wall of text was an old one
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    at least the wall of text was an old one
    I wrote out about 1,000 generic multi-purpose walls of text about three years ago. All of my posts are simply a sophisticated diversification algorithm selecting from that catalog.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    I wrote out about 1,000 generic multi-purpose walls of text about three years ago. All of my posts are simply a sophisticated diversification algorithm selecting from that catalog.
    I see... master I submit to you.
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

This is a yes. A what? A yes. A what? A yes. A what? A yes. Oooohhh, a yes.

PM sent, RN.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard