Thread: New spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna

Default New spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna

Is there a sub-mod or a way to give New Spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna to the 3 big nations @ the start, because i hate doing the mission with them and just want the lands.
    Last edited by ReQuest; June 19, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

♔Mandelus♔'s Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: New spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna

It is inside DMUC itself given as possibility, not sure in the moment because not at home with having ETW on the Laptop, but I think it was under custom campaign ....
    Take a closer look on the different campaign version playable at DMUC.

But be aware that there is still a bug in term of the protectorate status at all 3 given which is unfixable: You pay always about 40% to your protector and it does not change if you declare war on them or if they got destroyed as faction, you pay furter!

Senior Moderator and Staff Member of the large German Totalwar-Zone (over 11.000 members):
    http://www.totalwar-zone.de/forum/in...39807329133e3f

Death smiles at us all, the only thing you could do is smile back!
    Mark Aurel, Roman General and Emperor

gues me topic was kinda, weird or something.
    i actualy mean that like when yoo play with France you get louisiana from the start or in the second turn, so dont have to take the 3 terotries (probably spelled wrong) to let them join your empire

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

There is nothing to allow you to do that yet, but some of us have been thinking about it. (btw-its "territories")

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

would require a submod, requires changes to the startpos file, could be done using the hybrid method
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

recommend using the DMUC custom campaign, you can mod the turns per year too in the startpos file

actual mileage may vary...

hip63

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

YAY! Hip is back!!

Sorry kinda off topic but I saw the post

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Quote Originally Posted by ReQuest View Post
    Is there a sub-mod or a way to give New Spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna to the 3 big nations @ the start, because i hate doing the mission with them and just want the lands.

In the moment you can do this only by your own, but i think it's easy.
    This is the content of your folder in ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns:

Now you must decide what kind of campaign you want to play. I always play the Ultimate Campaign, so i pick the folder DMUC_Umain as example.

In this folder you find one textfile called scripting.lua. Open it with notepad. Look for the line:
    "local function OnWorldCreated()"

Under this line just copy the following lines and your wish is fullfilled.

scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "thirteen_colonies", 0, 0, context)
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("spain", "new_spain", 0, 0, context)
    scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("france", "louisiana", 0, 0, context)

Have fun

Thanks for that kwbgjh2! Have some rep for it!

Audacia's Avatar Give Life Back to Music
    Content Emeritus

I think I will definitely utilize this tool, because the missions required to obtain your overseas colonies as Spain, France, and Britain generally require unhistorical and completely unnecessary wars.

As Britain or France, having these colonies allows further expansion in North America against what "should" be your enemies and doesn't require you to go out of your way and wage war for no reason against a nation you would normally wait to engage, or attempt be peaceful with

+rep to you mate!

Under the patronage of Inkie Pie: Text Editor for The Great War
    Roma Surrectum II

Icon5 Re: New spain, 13 Colony's and Louisianna

I gave this a shot and I now want to ask if anyone might have tips on playing as Great Britain? After 2-3 starts, France declares war within the first 2-3 turns. Next, their larger starting fleet locks down the port in Glasgow while the Pirates lock down either Jamaica or the Bahamas. The loss of just one port's income is enough to throw me into bankruptcy and since going to the aid of allies (read, Austria) lands me in wars with Poland and Prussia (not to mention the obligatory attack by Huron) and sometimes Russia going after Sweden; I find myself with no money, no enemies willing to make peace (thanks a lot CA for a whacked diplomacy system) and ever dwindling armies due to lack of funds. Oh, the joy is exquisite! Lest I forget, I haven't even been able to survive to see Spain and Portugal get into it leading of course to another war seemingly without end and with more negative cash flow.

Bob

Take my advice-do NOT let yourself be drawn into european wars-they just drain your treasury for no benefit. Keep your wars against the Huron and France (and possibly Spain) and you'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbygst View Post
    I gave this a shot and I now want to ask if anyone might have tips on playing as Great Britain? After 2-3 starts, France declares war within the first 2-3 turns. Next, their larger starting fleet locks down the port in Glasgow while the Pirates lock down either Jamaica or the Bahamas. The loss of just one port's income is enough to throw me into bankruptcy and since going to the aid of allies (read, Austria) lands me in wars with Poland and Prussia (not to mention the obligatory attack by Huron) and sometimes Russia going after Sweden; I find myself with no money, no enemies willing to make peace (thanks a lot CA for a whacked diplomacy system) and ever dwindling armies due to lack of funds. Oh, the joy is exquisite! Lest I forget, I haven't even been able to survive to see Spain and Portugal get into it leading of course to another war seemingly without end and with more negative cash flow.

Bob

I really tried very often and in many, many different ways to get this party started.

When you takeover the colonies your are AI's "best" friend. I play with 4 rounds per year and accurate as a swiss clockwork i was all the times in 1702 (8 rounds) at war with france and 1703 with spain.
    No Matter if campaign difficulty was on "normal" or "hard".

The only way to come out of this mess is land for peace. Give them an insignificant province like Carolina. Most the time this was enough to have peace until 1710 or 1711. Use the time to take out the pirates of the game.

But if your frustated (like i was after the 1000th unsuccesfull try) just use this line:

scripting.game_interface:grant_faction_handover("britain", "pirates", 0, 0, context)

Without the pirates you have a fair chance from the start. Otherwise you should pimp up your treasury a little in the first save_game of your new campaign.

Today i play without taking over the colonies by start. My first thing is always to give Ruperts Land to the Thirteen Colonies as a present. When Thirteen_Colonies are declared war by the Iroqs or Hurons say "yes" to help them. It's irrelevant for your gameplay, but you have a very strong ally in North America, who keeps natives, french and spains busy.

In the meantime take out the pirates, watch the scene in europe and allways keep an eye on india to conquer all provinces that belong to "Maratha Rebels".

India is in all campaigns i play the economic base to become a superpower

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

for some reason this is not working for me

could have saved me a lot of time, now I have to edit the startpos

Edit: Solved it had to copy the whole "local function OnWorldCreated()" parts to the beginning of the script
    Last edited by Xwhyzed; June 22, 2010 at 01:21 PM.

Moved to the sub-mod forum. This thread is better off there

Please sticky this, as this question must be asked at least a few times every month.

Bump.

I only sticky major sub-mods in this forum, not what amounts to a fix.

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

If people used the search function then it wouldn't have to be stickied.