Thread: Questions?

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Questions?

I was wondering what the latest w40k dawn of war game is, and is it worth buying? Is it just a RTS and nothing else or is there more
    Last edited by Vanoi; June 19, 2010 at 01:04 AM.

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Questions?

Dawn of war 2 chaos rising

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

I like both, but I thing the first was is better.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

The latest one is, as said, Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising - a stand alone expansion for Dawn of War II adding a new race to the original game (Chaos).

This one makes a total of 5 races playable in Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising when bought with Dawn of War II (Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Tyranids, Eldar and Orks). This and its other half 'Dawn of War II' feature small battles with fewer squads and more tactical gameplay. Lots of cover and tactics etc are involved in these games and there is no base building at all. Just a single base from which you build units.

The ones before that, Dawn of War (and its expansions: Winter Assault, Dark Crusade and Soulstorm), have a huge amount of races to choose from with all expansions, including: Space Marines, Imperial Guard, Eldar, Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Dark Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Tau Empire. These games feature much more traditional RTS gameplay with base building and large units and lots of vehicles. This is the one to get if you prefer the more traditional type of RTS.

So that's the latest ones there for you. The reason I detailed the older ones before the very latest is because they're both very different but still very good in their own way, so its up to you which one you think suits you. Obviously, the latest one has the best graphics if that bothers you but really its about which gameplay you prefer.

Hope I helped.

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by jake4426 View Post
    I was wondering what the latest w40k dawn of war game is, and is it worth buying? Is it just a RTS and nothing else or is there more
    It worths nothing waste of time ,maps are diminutive and boring ,size of your forces very very small 4-5 units/with3-4 men only/ or armor ,even turrets cost you army's deployment points
    Friendly advice _:: stick to real game Dawn of War its like 50 times better then DoW2.
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

I would get both if you want.

DoW and all it's expansions is good if you want to jump a bodycount and splatter blood everywhere.

DoW2 and Chaos Rising is good if you want gameplay similar to good ol' Chaos Gate from way back when.