Page 9 of 313 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ary-12-*Bonus* New developer diary with some feedback from the betatesters and apparently you can name your children as well.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

You can name your own children. That's cool. I hope it's limited to just your children. It would be kind of dumb if you would go around town naming the children of your brother etc. But yeah, really looking forward to it.

I shall name all bastards Torben.

Quote Originally Posted by Galloglaich View Post
    You can name your own children. That's cool. I hope it's limited to just your children. It would be kind of dumb if you would go around town naming the children of your brother etc. But yeah, really looking forward to it.
    It is just your children.

Other characters in your court are auto named.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

You can win beta keys if you wright a Sengoku AAR.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Quote Originally Posted by Galloglaich View Post
    Hmm, I hope I'll be able to refrain from naming my children ridiculous names. "Booty Sweat IV has married the daughter of G-Swagga II which now means if they have a son he'll be heir to both the Supah Fly and Cold Cop Killa dynasties!"

PS: Does anyone know if you can split the inheritance of you lands amongst your sons ala Charlemagne? I know William The Conqueror did this with England and Normandy.
    Last edited by Slaxx Hatmen; October 10, 2011 at 09:29 PM.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Pics

There's also some new development diaries in the main forum and a chance to get your surname in the game, so far I think it looks good and I think the plots look really intriguing.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Pics

New developer diary about buildings.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...y-15-Buildings

The new baronies/holdings system looks great though I will probably miss the good old county screen where you could build stuff. Thumbs up for even more heraldry since it seems that every barony will receive its own coat of arms (and can be renamed as well).

The preview video (11'00) reveals the introduction of honorary titles, at least five of them.

It will also be very hard to take Counties that are filled with castles since you besiege per holding now.

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

don't think I'll get this. I always like to play republics or the like not monarchies or empires so I'll pass.

And the whole family member system left a nasty taste in my mouth since EU Rome so no..

Did you ever play the first one?

As a side note, I feel like this game gets no love on these forums. It kind of shocks me with all the love for the time period around here! Meh no biggie though...I'm still buying it!
    Pics

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I thought I wouldn't like the original but bought it anyway when it was on sale once, didn't play it for a while other than jus loading it up to look at it, when I finally tried it after getting interested in CK2, I loved it. Would be my favorite paradox game if only it worked. Every game I tried would get corrupted within a hundred years or so, and you get even more into a game in this game I've found, so it really sucks to lose all that work.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I thought I wouldn't like the original but bought it anyway when it was on sale once, didn't play it for a while other than jus loading it up to look at it, when I finally tried it after getting interested in CK2, I loved it. Would be my favorite paradox game if only it worked. Every game I tried would get corrupted within a hundred years or so, and you get even more into a game in this game I've found, so it really sucks to lose all that work.

Do you have Deus Vult? If not, did you update to 1.5? If you do have Deus Vult, be sure to download the latest beta patch, which has fixed all of these unstable issues with me.

I had the beta patch and everything installed, last game I had which was furthest along the save got deleted somehow and if I tried a new game it would just go to a black screen and crash. I tried reinstalling like 5 times now and same thing. Victoria still works as well as HoI2, so I don't get why just CK won't run on my computer.

Paradox is knows for releasing a game full of bugs. You should probably install DVIP mod. I believe it should fix bugs and add quite a lot of content to the game.

I don't see how a mod is going to make a game that doesn't work at all work again.