Page 8 of 313 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

any info on the startdate?

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    any info on the startdate?
    You can start at any date between 1066 and 1399, without modding, and play until 1453. The early startdate sets you up just before the Battle of Stamford Bridge between Harold Godwinson and Harald Hardrada while William of Normandy prepares to sail, if you are interested in playing out the Norman Conquest.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

They sent out admission emails for the beta testers today, and I... was...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    rejected!

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

I am really looking forward to it!

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I've been looking forward to it until I started playing EU3 again lately and finding that with the newest patch I cna't play more than 3 months it seems without it crashing. CK1 crashed constantly on me and corrupted saves, and besides the crap of planning expansions before the game is even out. I'm not supporting this company any more until I have proof they've shaped up.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Crashing on eu3? Sure its not the machine that's running it. I never have this game crash since a few expansions ago on vanilla. Magna mundimod doesn't even crash
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Coal143's Avatar Miles
    The Royal Kingdom of Occitania-Aragon-Sicily

I get a crash every few (real life) weeks, but that's about it

Mine has yet to crash with DW.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I've been looking forward to it until I started playing EU3 again lately and finding that with the newest patch I cna't play more than 3 months it seems without it crashing. CK1 crashed constantly on me and corrupted saves, and besides the crap of planning expansions before the game is even out. I'm not supporting this company any more until I have proof they've shaped up.
    I know this question is infuriating but have you re-installed it?

That was my problem for a while. I had HTTT and upgraded to DW, then I did a clean reinstall and now no problems.

I think it was a map files problem.
    Last edited by BetaWolf; August 27, 2011 at 07:34 AM.

The is a new developer diary concerning wars up now btw, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...v-Diary-11-War and I have never had any problems with DW crashing.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pious Agnost View Post
    I know this question is infuriating but have you re-installed it?
    Numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf View Post
    That was my problem for a while. I had HTTT and upgraded to DW, then I did a clean reinstall and now no problems.

I think it was a map files problem.
    Well that's one thing, it's that it was a bit more stable prior to the newest HTTT patch and pretty good I remember with IN. That's just another mark against them. Because I should need to either not patch the game or buy the newest version to have a playable game, right? Besides, EURome becomes quite unplayable quickly, had lots of crashes with old CK and saves being ruined, Vicky bugged out a lot on me but not many crashes. Haven't really played HoI2.

And now that DD just makes it sound like war will be stupid.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

What don't you like about war?

That wars can't escalate due to you only being able to go to war for a single claim at a time, or that all wars will end up king vs king affairs.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

I looked through the thread but I couldn't see where it mentioned they all became kind v king affairs, but I feel like the single claim thing may change a little. Not so that more claims can be added, but sorta the original claim can be expanded. Instead of claiming duke of oxford, you can go on to claim king of england etc. Or that you will be able to combine claims into one war. But these are just hopes.

Well it is mentioned in the thread by a dev that the King will not always get involved if the fighting is in his own country and I don't really see the problem with only taking one claim at a time.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Medieval wars tended to be local affairs with limited aims, so it sounds good to me. Plus they've removed infamy (i.e., badboy) from the game, so I think this is a balancing issue. There generally won't be huge changes in who rules where, it seems. So without papal approval (for Catholics), you won't be able to go in and take over vast pieces of land held by your co-religionists. Which means that if you play in France for example, there's not much chance for violent expansion, besides going on Crusade. Claims on territory have also been limited in most cases to one generation or so.

Then there is the "invasion" CB, where you will be able to keep whatever you occupy when you make peace.

Medieval wars tended to be local affairs with limited aims, so it sounds good to me. Plus they've removed infamy (i.e., badboy) from the game, so I think this is a balancing issue. There generally won't be huge changes in who rules where, it seems. So without papal approval (for Catholics), you won't be able to go in and take over vast pieces of land held by your co-religionists. Which means that if you play in France for example, there's not much chance for violent expansion, besides going on Crusade. Claims on territory have also been limited in most cases to one generation or so.

Then there is the "invasion" CB, where you will be able to keep whatever you occupy when you make peace.
    Damnit. I loved forcibly uniting Western Europe under the Duchy of Connaght within a hundred years of the start...

Indeed, it just means that for smaller states more focus should be on marrying to get titles, which is quite historical.

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm looking forward to it very much!
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse