Page 77 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2752676869707172737475767778798081828384858687102127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    I heavily edited my response because I realized my answer was to a different question than what you asked, apologies.

Check your intrigue page and look at plots. One of the plots might be "revoke leinster". Try that. You may not have enough power. Otherwise, try to get Leinster to rebel. Failing that, if you are willing to deal with the opinion malus, revoke the title. But before you revoke, raise your levy and park it in Leinster in case he rebels.

You actually want to try to expand your demense first. The prestige penalty for having an unlanded son isn't really much right now (it's like .8, about the same as a county). If the vassals you assimiliated in your de jure move dislike you, let them. Give the one that dislikes you the most the "Court Jester" honorary title to incite him to rebel, then defeat him and revoke. If you have some piety and a good relationship, you might try excommunicating, but that's very unlikely.

You can also manuever through marriage to add to your heirs demesne if the conditions are right.
    I assume you meant something other than Leinster as Leinster is in my direct control. My heir was the earl of Dublin so when he became the ruler he took over Leinster and Dublin as his Demesne. Then I revoked the title of my vassal from Ossory and invaded it. He was imprisoned as you said. I had to revoke his title again and Ossory became my Demesne as well. Now, I still have Kildare. My vassal from there somehow loves me. I don't want to invoke his title to get it. Maybe I should wait for him to die and try to create unrest with the new vassal without revoking the title.

Had an other question but forgot...
    The Armenian Issue

The only Paradox game I needed a tutorial for what Victoria 1. Everything else I learned on the fly, though EU2 was ridiculously hard and I quit it and shelved the game several times until i finally figured it out.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

becoming pope sucks. you NEED a diffrent primary tite to have it work(otherwise you keep getting the cant interact with self). ill stick to regular play until i get better how to pull it off correctly.
    Last edited by grumph; May 01, 2012 at 02:43 AM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

BTW does gifting Pope works like M2TW Pope? You gave him tribute and he favors you. You forgot to gave him money and he will call up Crusades upon you.

I am playing Duchy of Apulia, aiming to unite whole Italy. Holy Roman Empire is a big mess to deal with. Only mercenaries provide troops, but I don't have that much money. I have some loyal men in HRE. And the Emperor's heir is also loyal to me.

The only thing preventing me is the Emperor's security. If he dies, I will rise. If he lives, I have to wait a little longer.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

It's better to send your Court Chaplain to improve religious relations in the province where the pope rules. You get a relation bonus for sending him a gift too, but that can be quite costly.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

i managed to take out some muslim states. i nticed that a lot of them have high levels of research. should i make one my capital?

Quote Originally Posted by grumph View Post
    i managed to take out some muslim states. i nticed that a lot of them have high levels of research. should i make one my capital?
    Perhaps after they are converted to your religion, or culture, or at the very least until the negative effects associated with the conquest have gone. You do not want a capital with no taxes and levies.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

You should convert those cities before you make them your capitals. Also if you have access to any religious order, grant them a castle in one of your provinces, so that you have access to their troops for war.

If Muslim refugees come to your court, try to convert them and use them, because they are usually good in stats. I have my ruler educated by them, but I didn't convert him, so everyone else is just angry with me.

Another question is what is the best strategy for imprisoning? I usually imprison anyone who has enough influence and support to threaten my power.

One of my brother tried to assassinate me out of jealousy from not becoming king.. Then he defected to another court, and came in again as refugee when I conquered that nation. I kept him imprisoned for a week and then released him. But he tried to assassinate me again!

I just had him imprisoned and executed. Good riddance it was.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

I usally imprison people every time I don't get any penalty for it and then I ransom them if they aren't important, when I play as a King I like having as many Dukes as possible in prison to keep the realm peaceful and to stop their damn plotting.

i useally release a prisoner ever so often for the happines bonus, but otherwise i ransom or banish him if he has an exeptional amount of gold. depends on how pwerfull he is.

Protector Domesticus

I had a king into the occult... that was fun.... expecialy when he got possessed.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    How? It a great issue for many!

I don't want a weak heir whose insanity has no cure and vassals try to replace him now and then.....
    The problem now seems that the value of instructor of your children would not affect your children anymore; rather, it is the character trait that would 100% inherit by your children.

So, for example, even the instructor of your child has like 20+ stewardship with character trait of "Amateur Plotter", the high stewardship would not help to improve your child's stewardship but your child would 100% gain "Amateur Plotter" as character trait, pretty much it ruins your child.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

who knows how kill plots work? what the hell does the plot power have to do with it? and does it have any benefit AT ALL?

who knows how kill plots work? what the hell does the plot power have to do with it? and does it have any benefit AT ALL?
    Uh... yeah... it's like the most important thing. The higher your plot power, the higher chance you have of topping somebody off.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

That is probably the most stupid question I've read in this thread. No offence meant, it's good to get a laugh at stuff like this sometimes.

But yeah, when you start a kill plot you have a couple of important decisions for killing the person, the more people you invite that have high plotting power, the better important decisions you can unlock. And the better important decisions, the bigger the chances are that you will actually kill the person in question, the best important decision being 90% chance of succesfull kill, 10% chance of failure. It's no use inviting more people after you get a 100% plotting power as it'll just give you a higher chance of someone in the plot ing up and accidentaly talking about the plot, ruining the entire thing and giving you penalties.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

i just missed the options at intrigue. so ofc. it was s tupid queston. im now at 21 october 1066 and own leon, castille and galicia:p

plots are now the way to go with assisinations!

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Yes, they are much more efficient than assassinations, especially against heirs and councilors It's a good way to reduce the state intrigue , state diplomacy etc. You can also use plots to establish future plots.

For instance, say you want to plot kill the King of England. You go through his list of vassals and courtiers and they all love him. Not much chance of a plot. So you look through his vassal list, and find that the heir to the Duke of York is ambitious. Time for him to come to power. Plot out the Duke of York. Now, even if the new Duke won't join your plot, the King of England has an ambitious vassal that will certainly cause some problems. Then, you plot against the Spymaster for the King. Hopefully, the new Spymaster will have a lower intrigue. If not, plot some more. Before long, the KoE will have a diminished state intrigue, further empowering the Duke of York's plotting. Then start working on the Chancellor to reduce the KoE state diplomacy. This will hurt his relations with his vassals. Now you go after his steward/wife to reduce his state stewardship, hopefully you can get him a "Demesne is too large" malus, further increasing instability and lowering opinions. Maybe a couple more Ducal replacements or replacements of a Count will get the King some vassals with political concerns against the King, and now you have some people willing to join your plot to kill the King. If you get good results during the run against state diplomacy, you might even put your chancellor in the capitol of England to sow dissent. Sometimes a 15 or 20 opinion is all it takes to sway a potential plotter.

That's pretty much the way I got a dynasty member on the throne of England. It took 3 generations, but it worked. And of course, England pretty much disintegrated. I don't think there was a total of 5 years after I installed my dynasty member that England didn't have some rebellious Duke or set of Dukes to deal with. (It's been about 80 years since my dynasty member got the throne) This let me get 6 counties and 2 Dukes from England, secure Wales against future claims from England, and within about 100 years I think I'll be able to assimilate all of England except Normandy into my realm.
    Last edited by xcorps; May 01, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

detail question about elective law. For kings it limits ducal (elector) titles to two before causing unrest. Does this only count for ducal titles within the elector realm aka if I have the kingdom of Denmark and Swedes, will elective law in Sweden also count Danish ducal titles against the king even though they won't be elector titles in Sweden?

Just wondering. I think it is ignored on the opinion checks but I thought the main goal is to prevent kings from controling a majority of the elector titles so lands outside the elective kingdom wouldn't change the voting power.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    detail question about elective law. For kings it limits ducal (elector) titles to two before causing unrest. Does this only count for ducal titles within the elector realm aka if I have the kingdom of Denmark and Swedes, will elective law in Sweden also count Danish ducal titles against the king even though they won't be elector titles in Sweden?

Just wondering. I think it is ignored on the opinion checks but I thought the main goal is to prevent kings from controling a majority of the elector titles so lands outside the elective kingdom wouldn't change the voting power.
    You and your Ducal vassals only have one vote no matter how many duchies are under your control and parts that aren't in the de jure are of your Kingdom doesn't get to vote.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    detail question about elective law. For kings it limits ducal (elector) titles to two before causing unrest.
    You get that for every system. Having any more than 2 duchies gives a -10 penalty per extra Duchy (afaik). Pick the two Duchies you want to own as early as possible and make sure you base your demense there.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.