Page 76 of 313 FirstFirst ... 2651666768697071727374757677787980818283848586101126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

One thing that annoys me is that if you don't give the claimant territory in your realm then they do not join you when you win the war fighting for their claim. Sometimes I dont have the money to build a barony for decades for them due to expenses elsewhere but I suppose its good like that otherwise I would expand ridiculously fast.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    One thing that annoys me is that if you don't give the claimant territory in your realm then they do not join you when you win the war fighting for their claim. Sometimes I dont have the money to build a barony for decades for them due to expenses elsewhere but I suppose its good like that otherwise I would expand ridiculously fast.
    They will if the claim you are pressing is part of your de jure holdings. They also will become your vassal if they are in your dynasty.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I get kinslayer often but usually I try to avoid it. I dont save load. The kinslayer trait doesn't bother me because I usually dont have family with massive holdings. I think i've only had 2 dukes at most revolt against me.
    Suppose that's my issue. I tend to favour giving duchies to my dynasty whenever possible, because I tend to see half the game as being focused on making my dynasty powerful and not necessarily just the primary line.

That said, if you're not doing that I suppose Kinslayer is not that big a deal.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

A -25 relations hit with every vassal and dynasty member...That's about 50 points worth of personal diplomacy. It's a permanent malus. It increases a base revolt risk by about 15% (based on opinion)if a vassal becomes rebellious and can almost never be overcome without at least 3 virtues. You get a smaller hit from the tyrant malus for revoking a duchy, and that malus can disappear.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

I think this game would attract much more players if it involved a well tutorial. I bet a lot of people try the demo and get scared.
    The Armenian Issue

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    I think this game would attract much more players if it involved a well tutorial. I bet a lot of people try the demo and get scared.
    The Tutorial seemed fine to me.

Once I realized the tutorial was crap, I quit fooling with it and jumped in. It was the opposit for EUIII. I went through all the demos and never touched it again.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

That's the reason I learned to play the game without tutorial, all by myself.

It was hard and long way, but I am good at the game now at least.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Patch 1.5e offers considerable changes:

1. Now neighbours of same religion would much more likely to support your against other religious groups in a defensive war.

2. Those "reinforcement" would now stick with you force, allow you to decide where the force should concentrate.

3. That however also means you can abuse it; in fact you can never sign a peace treaty for that war and bring the army to fight other campaigns, which means you can simply declare multiple wars several time and use that huge allied force to fight for you.

4. On the other hand, it is nearly impossible to build up your children into something you want now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Patch 1.5e offers considerable changes:
    4. On the other hand, it is nearly impossible to build up your children into something you want now.
    How? It a great issue for many!

I don't want a weak heir whose insanity has no cure and vassals try to replace him now and then.....
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Please elucidate.

Here are the changes in e.

- When you press the claim of a vassal ruler, he should now remain your vassal
    - Kingdoms that are not previously de jure part of an empire can now also be assimilated
    - AI: Fixed an issue with calling allies into single wars
    - Fixed an issue with the regency events
    - Fixed numerous typos in the database and event files
    - AI: Fixed a bug with rulers being able to nominate dead children to titles, if not of their own dynasty

How do you take over a province once you win a siege? I won it but the former owner is still on the portrait and the province is seen with the stripes of my color.
    The Armenian Issue

You can't. You only get the county/ducal title that you are at war for. You are occupying the holding until the war is over, which increases your warscore. When the war is over, you will clear out of the holding and it reverts back to its owner. You get a small amount of gold, and that particular holding no longer can raise a levy. You should occupy all the holdings in a county, especially counties with more than one castle. Muslim holdings give better sack results in terms of gold.

This prevents a Total War type expansion.

If you are fighting a war against a large Kingdom, the "objective" counties will be highlighted with red borders. That/those county will give you a much higher warscore than other counties. Your oppenent will also have "objective" counties, and they will be also highlighted in red, so keep an eye on them and be ready to defend them if you see a large army milling about.
    Last edited by xcorps; April 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM.

Oh, he became my liege making his land part of my "kingdom". All good.

Wait. I can't do any updates in that province. I have two provinces under my full control and one province that I conquered which is seen inside the borders of my land but I can't control it. How come?

My main problem with that would be why can't I get that province's levy?

One more question. What happens if I give a land title to a son of mine? That province becomes mostly independent of me.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; April 30, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

You can't order holdings to improve in counties that are not in your demesne. If your vassals have the money, they will upgrade. It doesn't matter, because you don't get much income from landed vassals anyway. Even if you turn on Fuedal Tax, it's much less than you can get from your demesne baronies, bishopfrics, and cities. Making gifts to a vassal who has a county you want to raise more troops from will help, but you are better off spending that money in your demesne holdings. I can raise almost 10k troops in Gowrie, my current game.

Don't build in counties you don't want to keep in your demesne. If you intend to at some point give someone the county, you will likely not see a return on the investment for a century or two.

Your vassals are obligated to provide you a percentage of their own troops as levy. That's based on Crown Law. If you open the law tab, you'll see the percentages. Crown Law determines the minimum levy, opinion determines the maximum levy. If you are looking at the information page of a county that belongs to a vassal, you will see a red line and a green line next to the holding. The green line is the garrison. That's only for defending against seiges, and it only determines the minimum army size that can siege. A garrison cannot win a siege unless seige events like sally and disease reduce the seige army to less than the number of garrison troops, and that just breaks the seige. A siege can be lost by the attackers if they assault the holding, but I have yet to see the AI assault.
    The red line is the levy. If you hover over the red line, you will get a tooltip that breaks down how much of the levy you can raise. The bars shrink and grow based on the available troops. (A depleted levy will not have a red bar)

Recently conquered holdings will have a red crossed sword icon on them. That is the recently conquered penalty. IIRC the penalty only allows for 25% of maximum tax and levy for 5 years. The tooltip will tell you the actual numbers. You also get a penalty for different culture if it applies. That will be a red book icon.
    Last edited by xcorps; April 30, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

How do you add a province to your demense? If you can of course.
    The Armenian Issue

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There are 3 ways:

War
    Invitation
    Inheritance

Invitation is very unlikely at the early stages of the game. You need the county to be part of your de jure Duchy/Kingdom, be of the same culture (that can be overcome) and have a good relationship with the earl/count.
    Inheritance I think we discussed earlier.

War-
    You need a causes belli to make war. You get causus belli by having a claim. You get a claim by fabricating it, having a de jure claim, or by inheritance. Usurping will help you get de jure claims, but you can only usurp a Ducal title or a Kingdom. You need half of the counties in a Duchy to usurp the Ducal title, and half the counties in a Kingdom to create or usurp the Kingdom. Usurping has a piety and gold cost, but gives you prestige.

I'm assuming that your expansion has stalled at this point? Tell me what Duchies and counties you have.

Or I might have misunderstood your question.

Demesne is your personal domain. It is the counties that you personally are count/earl of, and under your control. When you capture a county, you will sometimes claim the vassal, sometimes claim the county..it depends on the causes belli. If you capture the vassal, it is part of your realm but not part of your demesne. If you capture the county but not the vassal, it becomes part of your demesne. If you win the county and the vassal, you can revoke the title from the vassal and the county becomes part of your demesne. This might cause the vassal to rebel, and you will have to fight him. You will also incur a tyrant malus of -20 to all your vassals.

If you can get the vassal to rebel, defeat his rebellion and he will be imprisoned. You can then revoke one of his titles without penalty. Revoking more than one title will incur the tyrant malus. You can banish him as well, but you incur a -20 tyrant malus for each county and a -40 malus for a ducal title. You also get a gold reward for banishment.
    You can also plot (assuming enough intrigue and traits that don't conflict, like content) to revoke a title. This will usually incite the vassal to rebel, but you end up with the title assuming you win the war.

Your demesne counties are the heart of your realm. They are where you will raise the most troops (until you have a LOT of vassals) and where you will earn the most income. The maximum number of holdings in your demesne is determined by your stewardship and succession laws. Gavelkind succession gives you a bonus to demesne size, but makes a mess of inheritance.

A city, bishopric, barony, and county count against your demense limit. A duchy/kingdom/empire does not.

You do not want to be the title holder of a city or bishopric. This creates a penalty because you are a landed noble and not a mayor or bishop. Having a barony in your demense does not incur a penalty.

Having a county with a baron, a mayor, and a bishop only counts as a 1 against your demesne, because the baron, mayor, and bishop are your vassals.
    Last edited by xcorps; May 01, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

I have Leinster, Dublin, Kildare and Ossory at the moment. Only Leinster is part of my Demesne. I made my son earl of Dublin and the other two provinces are ruled by my vassals after I conquered them through invoking the Duchy of Meath and Leinster de jure titles. There is bold dark line between these provinces and I only have direct control of Leinster. So, as I expand I thought it would be only logical that I'd expand my Demesne as well, according to my limitations of course. At the moment my limit is 5.

How do I for instance take Kildare for my own land personally and not just a land of my "kingdom"?
    The Armenian Issue

I have Leinster, Dublin, Kildare and Ossory at the moment. Only Leinster is part of my Demesne. I made my son earl of Dublin and the other two provinces are ruled by my vassals after I conquered them through invoking the Duchy of Meath and Leinster de jure titles. There is bold dark line between these provinces and I only have direct control of Leinster. So, as I expand I thought it would be only logical that I'd expand my Demesne as well, according to my limitations of course. At the moment my limit is 5.

How do I for instance take Kildare for my own land personally and not just a land of my "kingdom"?
    I heavily edited my response because I realized my answer was to a different question than what you asked, apologies.

Check your intrigue page and look at plots. One of the plots might be "revoke leinster". Try that. You may not have enough power. Otherwise, try to get Leinster to rebel. Failing that, if you are willing to deal with the opinion malus, revoke the title. But before you revoke, raise your levy and park it in Leinster in case he rebels.

You actually want to try to expand your demense first. The prestige penalty for having an unlanded son isn't really much right now (it's like .8, about the same as a county). If the vassals you assimiliated in your de jure move dislike you, let them. Give the one that dislikes you the most the "Court Jester" honorary title to incite him to rebel, then defeat him and revoke. If you have some piety and a good relationship, you might try excommunicating, but that's very unlikely.

You can also manuever through marriage to add to your heirs demesne if the conditions are right.

im going to try pope. hell, i cheat a bit for the fun if i have to. seems very fun to me. after that im going to try and win with my barcelona backup.