Page 74 of 313 FirstFirst ... 244964656667686970717273747576777879808182838499124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Savoyard View Post
    What do you mean? 'Wroth' is the old English spelling of "Wrath", unless you mean the phrasing of the event, which haven't irked me.
    There are a bunch of typos in the tutorial. Know as -> known as. Rules -> ruler.
    The Armenian Issue

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

The tutorial is garbage.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    There are a bunch of typos in the tutorial. Know as -> known as. Rules -> ruler.
    I didn't even use the tutorial. I played the older CK and bumped about it enough to know what to do.

Hobbes's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Wroth is an actual modern word, I think. As in full of wrath.

BLM - ANTIFA - A.C.A.B. - ANARCHY - ANTI-NATIONALISM

How long does it take to fabricate claim?
    The Armenian Issue

Protector Domesticus

Its a set chance rather then a set time i think.

I've had it take years and I've had it take days.

Ohh ok. I was starting to think that I was missing something.
    The Armenian Issue

How long does it take to fabricate claim?
    You have a % chance per year.

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Council_(guide)

Even at it's slowest (A 13 or lower Diplomacy), it's faster than waiting for claimants to be assimiliated into your dynasty. If you press a claim for a claimant who is not in your dynasty, he/she becomes independant and you went to war for no gain, unless you had some reason to supplant a ruler.
    Last edited by xcorps; April 29, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

This game looks quite fun, is it worth the $40 though? And how steep is the learning curve compared to Europa Universalis III?

Protector Domesticus

It took me a bit to work it all out, defintaly a different beast then EUIII, should get it fairly quick though if you go through the tutorials and ask here.

Quote Originally Posted by Toph View Post
    This game looks quite fun, is it worth the $40 though? And how steep is the learning curve compared to Europa Universalis III?

I'm very happy with the purchase price. I haven't been able to say that in a long..long..long..time.

I can't answer about EUIII, because I only played it for 20 minutes. I would say that this game has a tremendous learning curve.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    You have a % chance per year.

http://crusaderkings-two.wikia.com/wiki/Council_(guide)

Even at it's slowest (A 13 or lower Diplomacy), it's faster than waiting for claimants to be assimiliated into your dynasty. If you press a claim for a claimant who is not in your dynasty, he/she becomes independant and you went to war for no gain, unless you had some reason to supplant a ruler.
    unless you are the de jure liege of the land on which you press the claim

I got a de jure claim on a neighboring land but their sizes are relatively matched to my army and there is a river in between. How do you take over that province?
    The Armenian Issue

I got a de jure claim on a neighboring land but their sizes are relatively matched to my army and there is a river in between. How do you take over that province?
    Save up some cash for mercenaries. Or start the war and wait for them to attack.

is there any way to change crown authority in a kingdom thats not your main title? i dont want a annoying duke of mine grow even bigger.

Click on laws. You should see the flag of you're secondary titles. Cick on them, then click he next level of crown authority

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Save up some cash for mercenaries. Or start the war and wait for them to attack.
    Would the AI attack though? They're winning the war simply by holding their province I believe. Or is the negative warscore for not occupying the province you're claiming fixed?
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Split your army. Lure the enemy to attack you, and add bulk of your army to the battle once they are committed.

Something I've noticed is that you're generally more effective if you put your army into single file when fighting enemies of equal strength. You'll route the enemy much easier due to the heavier causalty rates you inflict upon him.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.