Page 72 of 313 FirstFirst ... 224762636465666768697071727374757677787980818297122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

im now in full control of the north of the iberian penisuela. i control the kingdoms of castille,leon and galicia, fought a great war over portugale when they tried to declare their independence, and now im rebuilding my millitary strenght and trying to get full personal control of the duchies of castilla and leon to secure my own, personal army(thats currently at 3600 men max but still replendishing) and get control of the kingdom of navarra, the thorn in my back. the muslims are picking of smaller states but dont yet dare to fight me as they suffered heavy losses trying to take portugale when they declared independence. so i need to get my annoyingly strong sister weaker as i gave her a duchy and a new count to get her back to not rebelling. im lucky enough her heir so im now trying to get her killed as that leaves me with just 2 counties in the 2 duchies i want not under my control.

EDIT: and now im THE major power on the iderian penisuela and one of the major catholic powers surpassed in millitary strenght only by the byzantine and holy roman empire. now i just need a valid casus belli on whole of navarra and barcelona and ill own the complete north, and allows me to fully concentrate on the muslim threath and forging ties with france.
    Last edited by grumph; April 28, 2012 at 02:29 AM.

In my Barcelona game the Knights Templar are... muslims

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Someone must've uncovered the French king's plot against the Templars, and this is how they avoid it.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    If I read the guide correctly, a 20 stewardship should give you a +25% income and a 30 stewardship should give you a +50% income.

Diplomacy's effect is more subtle, as it changes opinion and opinion only changes income when it is negative. So with diplomacy you won't notice an income change unless it brings your vassals out of the negative opion. Also bishops might be influenced enough to pay you instead of the pope.

But the high stewardship should be more obvious.

Are you sure the demesne was exactly the same? The same exact holdings? The same exact construction upgrades? The same exact opinion modifiers? The exact same bishop income and city income? The same technologies (there are 3 off the top of my head I can think of that modify income) and laws? The same State Stewardship? (ie if your steward and wife were different, that effects your state stewardship and thus your income)

Just starting a new game with a different character doesn't automatically mean those numbers are all the same, especially with stewards and opinion.
    I guess its just different each time.

Btw does anyone know how to get your Marshal to lead your armies instead of you?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    I guess its just different each time.

Btw does anyone know how to get your Marshal to lead your armies instead of you?

You have to have limited Crown Authority. On the army tab, right above the troops, there is a bar with the portrait of the army leader. If you click on the bar (not the portrait) you will get a pop up list of potential army leaders sorted by Martial.

You can assign all three flanks that way, and you can click on the arrows next to the individual armies to move them from center to flank or flank to center. This will allow you to put cavalry heavy units on the flanks to maximize their potential. You can also shift archer heavy units around. Both cavalry and archers get a bonus during the skirmish phase, and the cavalry get a very large bonus during the pursuit phase. If a flank gets beaten, your flank that won that portion of the battle will then attack the center, giving an additional bonus.

From what I've read, you are better off putting the higher martial stat leaders on the flanks.

Ultimately though, it comes down to numbers. There won't be any "against all odds" type battles.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Civitate

You have to have limited Crown Authority.
    Don't have limited crown authority yet Guess i will have to wait. I just don't want my armies being led by me, when i only have 7 Martial to begin with.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

You can get wounded or maimed in battle as well. Maimed is a sure road to death. You could very well die from a wound too.

I've read that you can also be captured, but I've never seen anyone over bishop or mayor captured, excepting the Muslims. Well, maybe the Muslims. I don't know the words the game uses for mayor and bishop, so I just assume that some of them are the equivalent of earls/counts/dukes.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I've captured the French king before, so it's certainly possible.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

:p and now the weakest muslim state ont he map thought it was a good idea to attack me

bye bye weakest state

You can get wounded or maimed in battle as well. Maimed is a sure road to death. You could very well die from a wound too.

I've read that you can also be captured, but I've never seen anyone over bishop or mayor captured, excepting the Muslims. Well, maybe the Muslims. I don't know the words the game uses for mayor and bishop, so I just assume that some of them are the equivalent of earls/counts/dukes.
    Playing as Sicily, I declared war on Denmark (who had expanded to be an extremely strong power) when I somehow got a claim on the Kingdom. I prepared for a long war, but noticed a large Danish army marching up the Levant, returning from the Crusades, and attacked it. I captured the Danish King and took over Denmark in a single battle.

I have recovered from several maiming, having it degrade to wounded and then heal which is pretty remarkable.

In five wars I captured the King of Norway five times. I found it rather amusing.
    King of Scotland twice.

Small problem here. I'm playing as Castile Spain and I've taken most of the iberian peninsula except a few small Moorish holdouts in the south east. I want to stamp out any culture that isn't mine so I've simply just give titles to Castilians in place of the conquered territory, but there is still the Duchy of Portucale that is Portuguese. I try to revoke the title but it has one condition that is not fulfilled preventing me from revoking the title (X) "The crown authority of Kingdom of Galicia allows revokation."

I'm King of Galicia and I have medium crown authority, I'm not sure why I don't have the authority to revoke a Duchy's title.

I captured the emir in a war once. Instant victory. I wouldn't know why Christian noblemen would have any different ratio or probability of getting captured. But I usually only got low level characters against Muslims, too.
    "Sebaceans once had a god called Djancaz-Bru. Six worlds prayed to her. They built her temples, conquered planets. And yet one day she rose up and destroyed all six worlds. And when the last warrior was dying, he said, 'We gave you everything, why did you destroy us?' And she looked down upon him and she whispered, 'Because I can.' "
    Mangalore Design

How good is the game? Worth 40 bucks?
    The Armenian Issue

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkLordSeth View Post
    How good is the game? Worth 40 bucks?

The game is excellent, but very niche. I haven't played HOI in a very long time, and only a few hours of EUIII, but I can definitively say..it aint like them, even though it looks a lot like it.
    This game is about character management as much as "Kingdom" management. It's very different than anything I've played. Very solid mechanics, though Paradox keeps tweaking rules here and there. Some of the concepts are a bit abstract, but they work.

I feel like I got an excellent value for my 40$.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

How does income from an Antipope work? I created one to overcome an excommunication during a large rebellion. According to the wiki, you are supposed to recieve income from having an antipope based on how many Catholic bishops like him better than the Papacy...but I can't see a way to determine what opinion Bishops have of the Antipope, and my income hasn't increased over 10 years. (when I appointed the antipope, it was 24. It's still 24.)
    Playing as King of Scotland and Wales.
    Second question

I just won a series of wars to claim 3 Duchies in England, including 7 or so counties. I'm using a created character with a fairly small dynasty at this point. My demesne is 20/11, and I'm trying to figure out how to distribute my new lands. My dynasty Dukes are on the verge of rebellion. I had to dispose of my heir, because he was a vassal of the HRE. The new heir is only 8. I have about 4 male kin I could grant titles to.
    I think I should pass out the counties to anyone with a decent stewardship, then give the Duchies to dynasty members. I only want to keep part of de jure Scotland for myself, as the holdings are upgraded pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by molonthegreat View Post
    I have recovered from several maiming, having it degrade to wounded and then heal which is pretty remarkable.
    I've gone from maimed to wounded. I was like "HELL YEAH, I LIVED". Then I died from the wound.

So now I cheat whenever my leige gets maimed and I want him to live.

Civitate

I've gone from maimed to wounded. I was like "HELL YEAH, I LIVED". Then I died from the wound.

So now I cheat whenever my leige gets maimed and I want him to live.
    I have had my character become incapable in battle before. It was horrible. Had to reload one of my autosaves.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

The silliest one I found was that I had a King with syphillis who was also infirm. I assumed he could not lead armies... then I got a message he was maimed in battle.

It's about 5 years since that incident and he's still alive and kicking... much to my annoyance since his death would unify my existing empire with Poland.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.