Page 62 of 313 FirstFirst ... 123752535455565758596061626364656667686970717287112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

I've played full games as Irish, Swedish, and Georgian kings (worked my way up aw yeah).

Looking for suggestions on a new place to start. I like counties and duchies...?

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Pick the county of Plauen. House Askanien holds it; in history they became well-known dukes of Saxony at one time, of Brandenburg another.
    Game-wise, Plauen is in a fairly challenging situation. It's part of the duchy of Meissen, though Saxony eyes it due to de jure claims. You're part of the HRE, the Poles are nearby, pagans are, too. It can take quite a while to get anywhere with House Askanien, with Plauen being far from the richest lands in the realm. It's all about taking the opportunity, once it presents itself. Or making it, if you can.

At least that's what I got out of my campaign with them. It took me a while to take off properly, but then it was an entertaining flight.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    Pick the county of Plauen. House Askanien holds it; in history they became well-known dukes of Saxony at one time, of Brandenburg another.
    Game-wise, Plauen is in a fairly challenging situation. It's part of the duchy of Meissen, though Saxony eyes it due to de jure claims. You're part of the HRE, the Poles are nearby, pagans are, too. It can take quite a while to get anywhere with House Askanien, with Plauen being far from the richest lands in the realm. It's all about taking the opportunity, once it presents itself. Or making it, if you can.

At least that's what I got out of my campaign with them. It took me a while to take off properly, but then it was an entertaining flight.
    Ireland was rather easy, but I just cant figure out how do I start as a little county which is a part of a big kingdom/empire. Could you be so kind and make some sort of a mini-guide on the first ~20-30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by tripballs View Post
    Ireland was rather easy, but I just cant figure out how do I start as a little county which is a part of a big kingdom/empire. Could you be so kind and make some sort of a mini-guide on the first ~20-30 years?
    Start ploting get the other vassals on your side and rebel being spymaster helps.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by oberst_ag View Post
    Start plotting, get the other vassals on your side and rebel being spymaster helps.
    Basically, this. It may still take a decade or two to get anywhere, depending on whatever else happens around you. Independence as such won't cut it for long, though, as you're still merely a lowly count...
    In case of Plauen, getting good alliances is vitally important for keeping Saxony at bay until you're the one in position to strike.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by zznɟ ǝɥʇ View Post
    I've played full games as Irish, Swedish, and Georgian kings (worked my way up aw yeah).

Looking for suggestions on a new place to start. I like counties and duchies...?
    Aragon. Reloadfest de luxe, but oh so fun when the heathens are starting to implode.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

mattgoby's Avatar Campidoctor

Can i ask, how do i usurp someone?
    "some people say the iraq war is unnessasary, however i disagree its good practise in case one comes along that we need to fight, just in case the germans have another go"-AL MURRAY

"us british our world war champions of the world"-AL MURRAY

Quote Originally Posted by mattgoby View Post
    Can i ask, how do i usurp someone?
    you have to hold 50% or more of a titles counties, you usurp it and gain an instant casus belli for the last counties belonging to that title

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Costs a fair bit of gold though.

I started to play again today as the Count of Vermandois and I marry away my brilliant son to a countess and the makes him a bishop, fortunately though I have two more brilliant sons and I will sure as hell keep them close.

L00n's Avatar Libertus

quick question .,, went on crusade for Malaga , i was victorious but i don't want the land for Jerusalem to far away don't feel right anyway.. any suggestion how to get rid of it ?

Give it to the pope.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

or to holy orders, though they will likely die.

L00n's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Give it to the pope.
    interesting, thank you sir.

Is there any way to get the pope as a vassal like BYZ has with the patriarch?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

themoob's Avatar Centenarius

Absolutely loving this at the moment.

I just wish there was a way to "bookmark" characters, it can be hard to keep track of everyone.

Also, I don't know why they bothered making the Rus' factions playable if they weren't going to bother doing them properly.

Protector Domesticus

I still want to play Pagan nations would be awesome playing as Pagan Prussia or Nords.

Been playing around with a few nations, Icelands the only one ive realy liked though and havent been overwelmed by everything.

Quote Originally Posted by themoob View Post
    Absolutely loving this at the moment.

I just wish there was a way to "bookmark" characters, it can be hard to keep track of everyone.

Also, I don't know why they bothered making the Rus' factions playable if they weren't going to bother doing them properly.
    Right click on a character then right click on one of the buttons that pops up, thats how you bookmark a character.

Hungary is great fun

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Is there any way to get the pope as a vassal like BYZ has with the patriarch?
    Unless you are Emperor since Pope is considered a "King" in the game; you can however set up an Antipope and then dethrone the current Pope using military means, which generally is not too difficult since no one would ally with Pope anyway.

On the other hand, I think you may able to eliminate Pope by annex Papal States.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..