Page 60 of 313 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Be honest it is better just uses your daughters to bring some useful foreign couriers into your court instead marry them to other princes, unless you are desperate to get an ally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    A matrilineally marriage means that the husband joins the wife's dynasty and all heirs are of the wife's dynasty. You can get rid of potential title claim crisis by setting up a matrilineal marriage. The husband is basically "kicked out" of your dynasty. For instance, if there is a half brother that has a claim to one of your duchies and you marry him off in a matrilineal marriage, his children will not inherit his claim, though the husband will still keep his own claim.

It's very difficult to set up one of your daughters for a matrilineal marriage for even a count though.

You have to be careful about who you marry your daughters off to. It's possible that succession laws will give her children a claim to one of your counties, or even a duchy if you screw up. You might end up fighting a claim war against the HRE in the middle of a crusade 100 years after you marry her off.

The different inheritance laws that apply for different dynasties make it extremely likely that at some point there will be a claimant to one of your titles pop up somewhere very unexpected. You have to pay attention to who has claims to your stuff. If you are following for instance agnatic primgenature succession but a dynasty that you married of a child to is basque, they might be following absolute cognati elective, and that could create unexpected claims because the dynasty you married into isn't paying attention to whether their claim meets your inheritance laws. I somehow managed to get into a fight with the Poles over Ulster. Apparently a daughter I married to a Byzatine prince survived him and was married off to a Pole. The child of their marriage had a claim, and the Poles used it.
    Ruling a united Iberia while throwing France into a constant state of disarray, with an HRE having recently been absolutely ransacked in a civil war, and England having never been politically stable in any game I've played makes me fairly safe from any potential claimants. The only nation currently holding a larger army than myself is the Byzzies, and they have less money than me. :coolguyface:
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Question? How do I build heavy cavalry? Seriously I cant build them anywhere except 10 -15 at rare instances at 1260 ad.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Question? How do I build heavy cavalry? Seriously I cant build them anywhere except 10 -15 at rare instances at 1260 ad.
    Upgrade a castle's stables.
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

The hard part is getting level 2 castle infrastructure, needed for large stables. It takes a lot of time and energy.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Getting any tech upgraded takes alot of time and energy.

You won't get much heavy cavalry unfortunately, the stables don't give much heavy cavalry at all and should really give more than twice as much, I had a game where I was the King of Hungary and I had 50 heavy cavalry in all of Hungary in the 1250's .

In part it's culture specific. Want more HC than people around you pick Frankish so you can build squire lists. Want more than anyone else you need to find a way to arrange marriages that end with your ruler's culture as Altaic. That way you get a huge boost in HC and can levy horse archers as well.

The new patch is pretty good; HRE has been in civil war for continuing 50 years, which halt their expansion into Iberia and give me a free hand to conquer Iberia.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Does the patch make England not always end as a cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    Does the patch make England not always end as a cluster?
    Not really; but at least it puts everyone in chaos.

I do agree that 50 years HRE civil war is wayyyyyyyy too long; funny enough France and HRE Emperor together were fighting the civil war in same side against their own rebels.

My very existence has been dedicated to fighting She Who Thirsts. Bring it on.

So I discovered that you can change county names, had some fun with it.

Much to my chagrin, the county names remained renamed when I started a new game. Anyone know how to change them back?

Answer: You have to exit and restart the game.
    Last edited by xcorps; April 07, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

lol.i can imagine the amazing names you must have given the counties and the shock when you saw that they stayed

Protector Domesticus

Turns out the Enemy of your Enemy is... your enemy... got wiped out by a Scottish stack attacking the same country i was attacking despite we not being at war with each other, how is that fair?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

when you both want the same land from the same country you will be hostile to each other, just like norway and normandy are to each other at game start because both want the throne of england

Protector Domesticus

well they couldve told me that before i spent 50 years planning an organising an attack to grab land.

I've been reloading saves when I find out things like that, or when I screw up based on a misunderstanding of mechanics. For instance, I planned a Holy War against an excommunicated King of England. Then when I won I discovered you can't claim titles that way. Reload!

It already told you what you would get once you got the victory before you start the war... Fighting excommunicated ruler is completely worthless, seriously.

On the other hand, you can "Request Invasion" to get the title claim without fabricate the claim first.

I contemplate getting this, CK1 was great fun in multiplayer, although I suffered a lot of crashes.

Is CK2 still unstable/unbalanced and basically messy like paradox games often are early on? As in, should I wait for a few expansions and patches?

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag