Page 58 of 313 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

same.

Protector Domesticus

Finaly got around to buying this, anndddddd *information overload*

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Hover over buttons.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Primogeniture is the best, but if you cannot get that you can pick Elective as alternation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Never pick Elective as Byzantines, its asking for trouble.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    Finaly got around to buying this, anndddddd *information overload*
    Keep banging away at it. At about 20+/- hours everything sorta clicked for me.

It was the best 20 hours of learning a game I ever spent. This one is a gem.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    You managed 4.5k troops? Were you maxing out your demense and spamming military buildings?
    I'm currently king of Ireland and Wales with about 3/4 of Scotland and England. I have the third or fourth largest army in the world. My personal lands in Ireland alone raise 16k. I almost never have rebellions either. Not sure what you've been up to but you need to start building castles, get high authority, large feudal levies, and primogeniture. Those few rebellions I have to deal with are foregone conclusions and I just drop em in prison then assassinate the entire family line. Keeps em in check.

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

I just bought this game on Steam and then registrated it on Paradox forum... it's the first Paradox game I bought, mostly because this one was the best of them all and impressed me a whole lot - and i can't stop playing it.

Does anyone want to exchange steam account names and play some Multiplayer games?

Picked up this game about a week ago, read about 30 last pages of this thread. Decided to follow the advice and took Ireland. Went through 4 days of trials and errors. Still cant figure out how to join a crusade? Do i just load my boys on a boat and go to the crusaded county?
    I have almost full Ireland, except for 2k counties, but I can raise max 2k levy. What am I doing wrong?

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by xcorps View Post
    Keep banging away at it. At about 20+/- hours everything sorta clicked for me.

It was the best 20 hours of learning a game I ever spent. This one is a gem.
    I think i played an hour or so of Iceland, slowly getting the mechanics together but its still confusing as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by tripballs View Post
    Picked up this game about a week ago, read about 30 last pages of this thread. Decided to follow the advice and took Ireland. Went through 4 days of trials and errors. Still cant figure out how to join a crusade? Do i just load my boys on a boat and go to the crusaded county?
    I have almost full Ireland, except for 2k counties, but I can raise max 2k levy. What am I doing wrong?
    Just declare war on the country being crusaded against with the Crusade CB.

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Not that you need that CB, you have a CB against every non-Christian nation by default.

Oh, and I finally got that Muslim invasion issue under control. It took some sacrifices to my prestige and piety by declaring impossible to win holy wars to get three years of breathing room, but I finally have the Reconquista settled. Just two petty Christian holdouts left until I own all of Iberia. Is there a way for me to unite all five crowns into Spain? Or do I just have five crowns? On a side-note. I found out the hard way that Navarre doesn't have any crown authority, so once you conquer enough land that you're dealing with vassals you need to switch over to another kingdom to get them under control.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

There are mods that create new empires, Spain, Britainia and others. I'm using the ck2plus mod.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Protector Domesticus

I couldnt get access to any mod sources on the official site, any mods for Pagans as playable? (i know there was one mentioned but i cants find it)

Protector Domesticus

Ok had a good play tonight so far, went through the tutorials to learn the basics and now ive got my small icelandic kingdom running fairly well.

Does get annoying when you are swamped with courtiers though, made the mistake of marrying alot of my people early on so alot of children were born. I think im going to just use my perfectly trained family once they grow up and the current council dies off, that way i can keep them in a position of power and trained well.

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

For anyone who likes to form the Kingdom of Ireland, how long does it take you to do so?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by Azoth View Post
    For anyone who likes to form the Kingdom of Ireland, how long does it take you to do so?
    You only need half of the required territories, and the money to declare the Kingdom.
    So if you start as someone with power, Munster and Connacht are the duchies, you can get it by your first heir. Within 20 - 30 years.
    Getting the rest of the Island can take longer.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

I formed mine in exactly 40 years - 'I' died right after it was formed. However, this was my first time in CK2 and I am playing on very easy, so I had no idea what I was doing for the first ~10 years

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Is there any way that I can increase my chances of a succesfull assassination?
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Increase your intrigue or remove spymasters/spouses with high intrigue.

I united Ireland on my third character after starting as the Count of Ulster.