Page 54 of 313 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Yes.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks!
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Why does mongols get 30 000 strong armies with no attrition? I just managed to wrestle Denmark out of their unholy grasp over the course of thee wars as Ireland and god damn those Stacks that show up are scary as . 16 000 horse archers? Are you kidding me?

that's only until they get settled, once they do they function like an other nation,until then they need those huge armies to fight off rebels and what now, i've seen the ilkhanate defending in 13 wars once all against rebels.

Domesticus
    Artifex

@nhytgbvfeco2 (a splendid name indeed): I don't know if that is a good feature or not. Not that I'd buy any DLC anyways, but still... I assume that is only for beginning characters...?
    It may be a good thing though - it would result in great historical inaccuracy but it bugs me to play with a character who was a huge beard. It looks very annoying, be it historically accurate or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Påsan
    Why does mongols get 30 000 strong armies with no attrition? I just managed to wrestle Denmark out of their unholy grasp over the course of thee wars as Ireland and god damn those Stacks that show up are scary as . 16 000 horse archers? Are you kidding me?
    I guess you know the answer already - that is to represent their might of course.
    They sound a tough enemy indeed. Impossibly tough, perhaps? Anyways, I've not yet had a meeting with those sirs, because I am the duke of Normandy. However, most of my lands are located in Iberia.

Regards.
    ~Goofy

aye, my name is prefect.

it can be useful for modding, and you would usually only customise your own character

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

I guess you know the answer already - that is to represent their might of course.
    They sound a tough enemy indeed. Impossibly tough, perhaps? Anyways, I've not yet had a meeting with those sirs, because I am the duke of Normandy. However, most of my lands are located in Iberia.

Regards.
    ~Goofy
    Yeah in my game the mongols have split into two, one Catholic branch that owns most of eastern Europe all the way til Germany, and one Islamic branch that own all moslim lands east of Egypt.

the only way I have been able to win lands from then is to go in hard and fast with boats and get that percentage to 100 before those ungodly master-stacks show up. I can muster about 30 000 soldiers myself now but mongols have that in a single army, and they don't come alone.

the mongols are always split into 2 hordes

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

I was playing as the Kingdom of Burgundy in he 1337 campaign and I was I think in 1430. The Mongols somehow got the province of Ferrara in Italy and I decided to attack them as I needed no casus belli and it was a good chance to get a foothold in Italy. I attacked with like 30,000 men and gained two holdings in the province. Then, they unloaded an army of 70,000 men and crushed me.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Citizen

Yeah that sounds about right

Ikk and GH never so much as peeped their heads out. Timur decided to show up where he promptly stood around doing nothing for five years until going on a Jihad against the Byzantines. After winning his armies disappeared and he can now muster 250 troops.

xcorps's Avatar Praefectus

I am so close to buying this game. The lack of fun I had with Victoria II makes me wary though.
    "Every idea is an incitement. It offers itself for belief and if believed it is acted on unless some other belief outweighs it or some failure of energy stifles the movement at its birth. The only difference between the expression of an opinion and an incitement in the narrower sense is the speaker's enthusiasm for the result. Eloquence may set fire to reason." -Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.

This game is alot more personal and RP-ish.

I couldn't really get into Vicky either but this is definitely more my route.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    Looks good, I want to see the 1.05 dlc they are promising.

@nhytgbvfeco2 (a splendid name indeed): I don't know if that is a good feature or not. Not that I'd buy any DLC anyways, but still... I assume that is only for beginning characters...?
    The best part is imo you can create your own dynasty.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Hey guys. I used to play EU3 A LOT about 6 months ago but kinda fell off. Today I figured that, knowing Paradox, they've come out with a new game by now. And I wasn't surprised to find out about Crusader Kings II. I'm still unsure about whether to get it. i really enjoyed EU3, and reading some of the stuff here, I understand that it's a great game as well, maybe even better than EU3.

Can anyone comment further on what makes it better/as good as EU3? THanks guys.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

UI is much better then any other Paradox game, least buggy game by Paradox ever, lovely visuals and artwork, very solid and comprehensive base game. It's just overall a very good game.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I simply can't get into this game.

I tried the Duke of Munster. I declared war on the guy I have a CB on. Defeated his armies... but had less men than his fort had so my siege wasn't doing anything. Worse, his fort was reinforcing, so I was screwed. I would've hired mercs but had no way of affording them. I can't get my head around what on earth I should be doing most of the time anyway because it's so character driven. Any tips would be appreciated, since I don't want to completely give up on this.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I simply can't get into this game.

I tried the Duke of Munster. I declared war on the guy I have a CB on. Defeated his armies... but had less men than his fort had so my siege wasn't doing anything. Worse, his fort was reinforcing, so I was screwed. I would've hired mercs but had no way of affording them. I can't get my head around what on earth I should be doing most of the time anyway because it's so character driven. Any tips would be appreciated, since I don't want to completely give up on this.
    There are more ways to win land than war. In the beginning war is hard. Also save up money for mercs, don't go into a war with low cash. Getting somewhere in this game takes time, dont expect to rush anywhere.

I started out as the Isles, which is basically the poorest part of scotland. Now I rule a seaborne empire encompassing Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Morocco, Portugal, part of Algiers, part of Sicilly and Alexandria. I can muster 30 000 troops on my own. However its been far from a cakewalk.