Page 42 of 313 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792142 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Damn, playing as Castille I had a really good eldest son and heir - which I had high hopes for. Someone must have assassinated him, perhaps his younger brother because he now took the throne and I have to play as a homosexual who everyone hates. I've been trying to institute gay marriage laws and finance pride parades but I don't see the option anywhere in the intrigue or laws menu.
    Last edited by Nutsack; March 04, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    Damn, playing as Castille I had a really good eldest son and heir - which I had high hopes for. Someone must have assassinated him, perhaps his younger brother because he now took the throne and I have to play as a homosexual who everyone hates. I've been trying to institute gay marriage laws and finance pride parades but I don't see the option anywhere in the intrigue or laws menu.
    Its weird when you have a king with traits like this because there are no events for it.

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Heh, hungary being allied to me almost screwed up my crusade to take ascalon. Not even really sure where they got boats, but when they got there they made sure to march through all the provinces I had troops in, costing me some nasty attrition.

i hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Anyone see the HRE raise armies 100k+ later on in the game? It gets really crazy if your thr Byzantines and your fighting a 3 front war agaisnt the HRE/Mongols/Random Factions.

playing as byzantine leads to epic insane wars. I couldn't defeat HRE until they had a civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    Playing as Castille, first paradox game ever, losing my ****ing mind.

I've made sure the King of France and I are super best butt buddies through marriage, chancellor's efforts, and gifts but whenever the Muzzies attack me I can't do a "call to arms" or whatever to get him to help me. The Pope sends me 200 bucks and wishes me the best but I need warm bodies and 200 bucks isn't going to cover mercs. Whatever douche face is in charge in Croatia is constantly using up the holy orders so I'm boned there. How do I get the surrender monkeys to help me out?

if u have proper alliances you should dominant Spain with any of those factions there.

Anyone here play as Basque with absolute cognatic yet?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    With all of the British Islands and some Mercs you should dominate France. (Depands of their respective power with the HRE ofcourse.

I actually managed to win two wars vs the HRE as Ireland. First getting my allies in Norway independent and then taking a province off them in Norway. I now own half of Norway and have marriage alliance with the rest.

HRE was in a rebel period ofc
    After a while, I always get bored when I own Britain (with or without Ireland, it doesn't really matter), as I am powerful enough to take on all comers except perhaps the Byzantines, but I have to get my troops onto mainland Europe every time and it's just so dull raising the ships, organizing the troops into 3 armies so there's no attrition, and them shipping them onto the continent every few years. It just gets to be arduous.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Anyone here play as Basque with absolute cognatic yet?
    Nope, though I'm a little confused as to, er, why it's only available to basque monarchs. Seems like it could make the game pretty rough, vassals don't like female monarchs.

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Try playing this game with cheap 3D glasses, its kinda trippy.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

There really needs to be a patch or mod to add more ambitions to this game. I find it ridiculously stupid to get a notifications that I should pick an ambition and the only one I can choose is to kill my wife. I can understand the benefits of killing my wife, but I don't see why it would be an ambition, never mind my only one

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    There really needs to be a patch or mod to add more ambitions to this game. I find it ridiculously stupid to get a notifications that I should pick an ambition and the only one I can choose is to kill my wife. I can understand the benefits of killing my wife, but I don't see why it would be an ambition, never mind my only one
    Nevermind I find it's often the ONLY ambition I can choose. Except of course when I get a brand-spanking new monarch, then it's that (if he's married), or get married, or get rich, or become super great and/or pious. Even worse, for whatever reason (I haven't peeked through the relevant file), those become great/pious ambitions seem to go away by the time I'm done with easier ambitions.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    Nevermind I find it's often the ONLY ambition I can choose. Except of course when I get a brand-spanking new monarch, then it's that (if he's married), or get married, or get rich, or become super great and/or pious. Even worse, for whatever reason (I haven't peeked through the relevant file), those become great/pious ambitions seem to go away by the time I'm done with easier ambitions.
    There should at least be ambitions for those who are Dukes or Counts to let their lieges know when they desire a county or a duchy. I noticed that my liege hated me because I arbitrarily started desiring one of his holdings, and even then I couldn't ask that he give it to me.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

I am seriously loving this game. Paradox Interactive did an excellent job on CKII.

I have been enjoying good fortunes on my HRE and Byzantine files.

Though I didn't enjoy the major rebellion periods between the first three emperors of the Byzantine (started in 1066). Though now my current emperor is not only emperor of the Byzantine empire, but seized the titles Kingdom of Serbia from one of his vassals as well as Kingdom of Georgia from the former King (Now a duke of Georgia). So I am enjoying it.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    There should at least be ambitions for those who are Dukes or Counts to let their lieges know when they desire a county or a duchy. I noticed that my liege hated me because I arbitrarily started desiring one of his holdings, and even then I couldn't ask that he give it to me.
    Such ambition does exist, but only fire up when the condition is right.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    You are lucky that you can still kill your wife; for my current Welsh king that was not even an option since my wife is a lover of mine since my king was 23 years old...

Imagine a 30 years game time where you don't have any option of ambition and plot at all...
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; March 04, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

I need help! I'm playing as Epirus, I've conquered Tunis, Capua, parts of Sicily and Tripoli, and now my ruler rules 3 duchies. My heir, however, will only inherit the duchy of Capua, the least important part of my Duchy. How would I go about getting my heir the Duchy of Epirus? I've killed several people who were to inherit it, but they just keep on coming.

Edit --- I think the problem was inheritance laws, so I changed to seniority, and the problems went away.
    Last edited by Veliky Kaiser Theos; March 05, 2012 at 01:30 AM.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

The other duchies are under the crown laws from whatever is their de jure kingdom. You should be able to see them under the "Laws" tab, but there's nothing you can really do about them. Either keep on assassinating or go to war with everyone and get crowned king.

Edit: You can change succession laws without being king?
    Last edited by Cahoma; March 05, 2012 at 01:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Cahoma View Post
    Edit: You can change succession laws without being king?
    Yes, in fact it is better to change your succession law before you even become king since you don't need to worry about authority level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Yes, in fact it is better to change your succession law before you even become king since you don't need to worry about authority level.
    Oh yeah! I don't know why I thought you had to be king to change succession laws..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

I'm having quite a bit of fun with this game. Being a tyrant is awesome!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

This game plus Total War= GOD GAME!

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Buff this game is truly difficult to get it! How deep and complex it is... my God!

Doing a latin empire game. kinda slowly expanding my influence in the balkans, absorbed epirus, got my eye on strymon, took dyrrhachium/ochrid...

I want to change from Gavelkand to Primogeniture but raising crown authority (i think you need high crown authority to switch that law?) is going sorta slowly since I switched to free investiture (in order to install my very own anti-pope in Byzantion).

Only really had trouble with the duke of Thessalonica. He was waging all sorts of wars with other vassals, and after he took Philippopolis he revolted...kinda unleashed righteous fury on him after I beat him.

Papal authority is like 60% now, after winning a crusade for Beersheba. Not a ton of heresy. Yet

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-PI-is-typical

We aim to release version 1.04 later this week, probably on Friday.

So, in the original game, Elective law meant the vassal who was the most powerful (IE, demense size/titles, adjusting for a few other factors) got to be the heir. In this game is it...actually elective? I can't just take the son of my choice, give him a bunch of titles, and he'll automatically hit heir status?