Page 41 of 313 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691141 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Hmm.

Playing as the King/Queen of Sicily. Have a demense size of 8, namely everything in the Duchies of Capua, Salerno, and Apulia. Trouble is, that puts me above two ducal titles, and so my vassals resent me for it. On the other hand, if I give anyone those ducal titles, then they're resent me for holding land in their de jure duchy.

To make matters worse the Shia Caliphate and the Duke of Sicily declared war on me (my vassals seem to ing hate high crown authority even though I've lowered or eliminated other things they owe me. Might lower it to medium since I find I can cope with the issue of worrying about other realms inheriting my vassals).

All in all, really just focusing on making sure my personal levies are at least equal to the levies my vassals can raise, since at least one of the more powerful ones (usually the duke of Sicily: might just make that my personal demense in exchange for salerno) rises up whenever I get a new monarch (note: the only son I ever give a ducal title to is my heir, I know they'll all get claims on the throne otherwise). Also, hoping I'll FINALLY get an Italian d'Hautville since I'm getting tired of the peasant revolts...

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Cahoma View Post
    Cognatic just means that women inherit on the same grounds as men. We need to know wether you have Gavelkind, Elective, Seniority, or Primogeniture.

But yes, I would think he should inherit all your titles. If not, I'm pretty sure there should be a notice saying "Title Loss on Succession".

thanks. off to my doomed war with france then.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

With all of the British Islands and some Mercs you should dominate France. (Depands of their respective power with the HRE ofcourse.

I actually managed to win two wars vs the HRE as Ireland. First getting my allies in Norway independent and then taking a province off them in Norway. I now own half of Norway and have marriage alliance with the rest.

HRE was in a rebel period ofc

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Anyone see the HRE raise armies 100k+ later on in the game? It gets really crazy if your thr Byzantines and your fighting a 3 front war agaisnt the HRE/Mongols/Random Factions.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

My glorious King Thor the Great just became a lollard.
    ing great..

Edit: On the other hand, I finally got a chance to take Barcelona from France.

Edit: Alright, anyone know how to make my king convert back to the catholic faith? I reeeeeally don't want to be a lollard...
    Last edited by Cahoma; March 03, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Anyone see the HRE raise armies 100k+ later on in the game? It gets really crazy if your thr Byzantines and your fighting a 3 front war agaisnt the HRE/Mongols/Random Factions.
    That is why you should constantly sending spy to encourage rebellion within HRE; work very well in my Wales game as rebellion cause English king paid no attention to a heretic kingdom on its border.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

My glorious King Thor the Great just became a lollard.
    ing great..

Edit: On the other hand, I finally got a chance to take Barcelona from France.

Edit: Alright, anyone know how to make my king convert back to the catholic faith? I reeeeeally don't want to be a lollard...
    It might be under decisions under the intrigue tab?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    It might be under decisions under the intrigue tab?
    Yeah, I found it a while ago. It cost me 500 piety but it was worth it. My glorious king simply can't be a lollard. I won't allow it! He's 65 now and has been king since he was 1 year old. He has 5500 prestige, 11 children(5 are dead), he's had 2 wives and several lovers, he threw the muslims out of Iberia, his name is Thor, he is awesome, and I love him. I'm nervous about how it'll go when he dies. His grandson and heir has a lot of provinces though, so I should be safe.

Also, what happens to the gold you own once you die? Do your family members each get a share or something?

Edit: I'm a bloody lollard again. Goddammit!
    Last edited by Cahoma; March 03, 2012 at 03:17 PM.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Yeah, I found it a while ago. It cost me 500 piety but it was worth it. My glorious king simply can't be a lollard. I won't allow it! He's 65 now and has been king since he was 1 year old. He has 5500 prestige, 11 children(5 are dead), he's had 2 wives and several lovers, he threw the muslims out of Iberia, his name is Thor, he is awesome, and I love him. I'm nervous about how it'll go when he dies. His grandson and heir has a lot of provinces though, so I should be safe.

Also, what happens to the gold you own once you die? Do your family members each get a share or something?

Edit: I'm a bloody lollard again. Goddammit!
    If it's primogeniture, it should go to your heir. I think anyone that dies in your court has their money go to you. Not entirely sure, but I think in almost every case -- if not all cases -- the money will go to the heir or to their liege if there is no heir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

s.rwitt's Avatar Shamb Conspiracy Member

Playing as Castille, first paradox game ever, losing my ****ing mind.

I've made sure the King of France and I are super best butt buddies through marriage, chancellor's efforts, and gifts but whenever the Muzzies attack me I can't do a "call to arms" or whatever to get him to help me. The Pope sends me 200 bucks and wishes me the best but I need warm bodies and 200 bucks isn't going to cover mercs. Whatever douche face is in charge in Croatia is constantly using up the holy orders so I'm boned there. How do I get the surrender monkeys to help me out?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Are you really sure you're allied to the King of France? It's not a duke or something?

Yeah man, the actual king. He's got the gold outline around his picture and owns Paris.

If you were actually allied to him you would be able to call him to arms.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

It's only the marriage part that counts. Are you sure you've married your sisters/daughters to the king?

Wait, maybe I do have it wrong. Do they have to be married directly to the king himself for it to be an alliance?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Marrying his daughters/sons should work too I think. If you go to your character, where you can see his traits and stuff. There's these tabs, Vassals, Court, etc. One of them is "Allies". Check there.

No, a son/daughter will do.

Heh, hungary being allied to me almost screwed up my crusade to take ascalon. Not even really sure where they got boats, but when they got there they made sure to march through all the provinces I had troops in, costing me some nasty attrition.

So if my son marries his daughter we're allies? Or do I have to marry his daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by s.rwitt View Post
    So if my son marries his daughter we're allies? Or do I have to marry his daughter?
    You must have a blue flag in the marriage screen for it to be an alliance.