Page 40 of 313 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849506590140 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

How do I grant Ducal Titles? seriously I have like 7 of them. All I can grant is landed titles.
    Last edited by Påsan; March 02, 2012 at 05:43 AM.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Read the last part especially.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomdark
    Crusader Kings II - Post Mortem Dev Diary
    The game is released, the reviews are in, and the response so far has been overwhelmingly positive. It's been a long road, and a few of you might be interested to know the dirty secrets of the development process here at Paradox... Also, what we have in store for you in the future. So don't get scared by the wall of text; get comfy, pop a Valium and chill out to the "Tron: Legacy" soundtrack as I tell you the story of Crusader Kings II.

On paper, Crusader Kings II was an 18 month project, the same as Hearts of Iron 3. In comparison, Victoria II and EU:Rome were made in 12 months, and Sengoku eight. With the varying number of team members in different phases of the projects, these figures are a bit misleading but should still give you an inkling of the relative budgets. The idea was simple: take the original Crusader Kings design, cut out the chaff, remake the game in the Clausewitz engine and make it our most polished release ever. (To be clear, we did not port anything from the old code base; we didn't even look at it.) We were very wary of adding more new features than we could handle (*cough* HoI3 *cough*.) Thus, the design document was divided into core, major and minor features. The major and minor features were modular and ordered by priority, so that we could simply start cutting the least important ones if it looked we would not have time to do them properly. In fact, we expected to have to cut some of them, and yes, we thought that some would eventually make good DLC.

Now, there are a lot of negative opinions about DLC among gamers these days. In some cases, it's justified; some DLC material just isn't worth the money. However, I've never understood the argument that "it should have been in the game from the start". Everything should apparently have been in the game, including an onion peeler and a self-aware AI. There are so many obvious problems with long development cycles that anyone should be able to understand that this argument is simply nonsense. It's far better to make a fun and balanced game with all the core features working properly than to either release a buggy bloated mess or a game with a huge budget (and thus a huge risk) and hefty price tag that's already outdated on release after five years of development.

So what did we cut from Crusader Kings II? Basically, this:
    • A medieval style chronicle with annual entries
    • Trade post holdings built by the republics (Venice, Genoa, etc)
    • Hiring ships from the great republics
    • Relics that can be found, looted, and used to build cathedrals
    • Loads of very rare narrative events (like "The Gates of Hell") with multi-generational effects
    • A viceroy/drots/great seneschal council position for each kingdom held
    • Cadet branches of dynasties
    • Adventures - younger sons raising an army and going off to conquer something on their own

Will all these things become DLC? Probably not, but some likely will, and others might be patched in for free (or, well, basically paid for by those who do buy our DLC.) Note that playable non-Christians, republics and theocracies were never planned (though always considered good material for expansions.)

A few areas of the game went off on a tangent from the original design as development progressed. For example, the map turned out much prettier and more advanced than I had envisioned, thanks to the efforts of Tegus (Fredrik Zetterman.) Also, things like the vassal and dynasty trees, the Wikipedia links and the panning map in the lobby (courtesy of Johan Lerström) were not in the design doc. As always, there are also parts of the game that I am not 100% happy with. Plots could be more dynamic and have a better interface, the marriage interfaces are a bit clunky, the general GUI can be intimidating to newcomers and battles are not interactive. On the whole though, it all turned out pretty much as intended.

So, what are we planning for the future? Crusader Kings II will have many major DLC packs that are actually more like small expansions. Every time we release a major DLC, we will also release a major free content patch. I cannot say exactly when we will be adding what, but here are some things you can expect for free in the coming months:

• Enhanced, more focused Crusades with a "contribution" score
    • Causes of Death
    • Asking to join an ongoing war
    • Lots of more plots and ambitions
    • Events, events, and more events
    • Improved GUI where it's needed the most (plots, marriages)
    • Flexible de jure liege structure
    • More de jure kingdoms

Of course, we will also be fixing bugs, plugging exploits and improving the interface, the AI and game balance. Oh, and unleash some DLC...

Thank you all for the positive response and for buying the game, ensuring that we can keep making the games you want to play.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...rtem-Dev-Diary
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I need to play Holy Order!!! Damned you Paradox!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    How do I grant Ducal Titles? seriously I have like 7 of them. All I can grant is landed titles.
    You can only grant them to landowners or with the checkbox checked and then you must have a county ir barony within that duchy that is free to give
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Yay for cause of death!
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    the ilkahante, the one in persia, caucas, oman and such is the one that went orthodox, not the GH. the GH is still hoarding and currently owns nearly all poland and has a random province in croatia while owning most of russia. rus never formed.
    Lulz wut!!!

Their capital is in orthodox territory I guess that caused it.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

no, it isn't. its in some sunni heretic province.

The event works by look at capital religion. So it must have been at one point since in the screen its in Alania

Maybe the heresy messed up the script

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

oh right, didn't realise they moved capital to alania. though im pretty sure it wasn't orthodox at that point as alania was owned by the seljuks for a long while before the ilkhanate showed up

I am playing as arragon.I have betrothed my heir with a french duchess(she actually hold 2 duchies).She has come of age but i can't complete the marriage.Is it bc she is a duchess and what can i do know to marry my heir?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Is your heir an adult yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Cahoma View Post
    Is your heir an adult yet?
    Yes he is 26 she is 19

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Maybe she(or her liege if she has one) doesn't want the marriage to happen anyway. I THINK they can do that, but I'm not really sure...

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

That seems a little out of the norm. Perhaps they desire a matrilineal marriage? Leave your mouse over the "No" response and it'll tell you why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

I am King Thor the Great of Leon. I just had a son, my fifth child. The game named him Thor Thorez.

I love it.

Is this game worth getting? It looks quite good, and 40 bucks is a nice price. On the other hand, Paradox has a tendency to release big patches as expansion packs, making the whole thing a lot more expensive, and I'm thinking that maybe I should wait a while until the prices drop.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

My evil scheming towards the Scottish throne continues.. I started out as the Duke of the Isles, five rulers later I am the king of Ireland and own 6 of 17 Scottish provinces + parts of Norway.. I routinely beat them in wars and in a matter of decades the throne will be MINE! MINE!

MIINNE!

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Is this game worth getting? It looks quite good, and 40 bucks is a nice price. On the other hand, Paradox has a tendency to release big patches as expansion packs, making the whole thing a lot more expensive, and I'm thinking that maybe I should wait a while until the prices drop.
    The realeased game is pretty much bugfree and they say they'll release new content for free whenever they make an expansion.

I can't tell you how much I recommend this game. GET IT!

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

i have two rather noobish questions.
    i am playing as linester -> ireland. currently i own everything in the british isles (sans those norwegian provinces way up north) and bretagne.
    i married the french king's sister. so my first son with her, and who happens to be my heir, has a claim on the throne of france.
    my question is if i manage to conquer france (via some divine miracle) in his name will he still inherit the titles in the british isles (namely king of ireland, scotland, wales and england) or will those titles pass on to the next in line while he simply becomes the king of france? in other words will i control france? i believe i currently have cognatic inheritance (first in the list).
    what if i wait until he becomes king? will he still have a claim to the french throne?
    Last edited by florin87; March 03, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by florin87 View Post
    i have two rather noobish questions. currently i own everything in the british isles (sans those norwegian provinces up north) and bretagne. i married the french king's sister. and so my first son with her, and who happens to be my heir, has a claim on the throne of france. my question is if i manage to conquer france (by some divine miracle) in his name will he still inherit the titles in the british isles (namely king of ireland, scotland, wales and england) or will those titles pass on to the next in line while simply he becomes the king of france? i currently have cognatic inheritance (if i recall correctly) by the way.
    what if i wait until he becomes king? will he still have a claim to the french throne?
    Cognatic just means that women inherit on the same grounds as men. We need to know wether you have Gavelkind, Elective, Seniority, or Primogeniture.

But yes, I would think he should inherit all your titles. If not, I'm pretty sure there should be a notice saying "Title Loss on Succession".