Page 38 of 313 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738394041424344454647486388138 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Pffft lousy mercenaries. Then I'll have to pay 'em for just standing around! Damn thieves..
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    wait a bit before sending them in then.. peasent revolts aren't exactly the deadliest thing in the game
    Not when you are a small count that barely has four hundreds men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
    I may be wrong but so far i haven't seen a battle in which numbers aren't decisive.What a f-up game.
    That would make it just like reality then?

Terrain makes a difference in game, just as it did here.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I think the Longbows that punched through plate at 500 yards were the real decider there.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

wtf delete please

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I think the Longbows that punched through plate at 500 yards were the real decider there.
    Skirmish phase actually is more decisive than melee phase in CK2, so yes longbow does make considerable punch in battle.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

your liege will save you..won't he?

EDIT:
    behold glorious ireland.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

a beauty ain't she? and no, i did not take oxford, my vassals did
    and my kings so far, try guess which one is the craven slothful gluttonous homosexual:

Last edited by nhytgbvfeco2; February 29, 2012 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Skirmish phase actually is more decisive than melee phase in CK2, so yes longbow does make considerable punch in battle.
    Which is why horse archers are so ridiculous. Eastern factions like the states making up Rus can hire mercenaries that have 1500 horse archers, and a few hundred light infantry and archers, and almost all of the battles are already won by the skirmish phase as the usual heavy infantry armies you come up against simply cannot compete. I've beaten armies 50% larger using massed horse archers from these mercs.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

EDIT:
    behold glorious ireland.

and my kings so far, try guess which one is the craven slothful gluttonous homosexual:

Im going with King F the Fat!
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

EDIT:
    behold glorious ireland.

I'm guessing that it was the guy who was known as "The Just".

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Endgame with the Kingdom of Armenia.

Started out as the Duke of Armenia and took lands from nearby Muslims, the Georgians, and other ERE vassals until the ERE Crown Authority went too high. I declared war in the early 14th century to get independence from the Byzantines as they started fending off civil wars. Gold became rather pointless towards 1350 as I was making 90 gold a month and had nothing to spend it out as I maxed out my buildings in each of my holdings.

Finished the game with 65,000 gold, a score of 43,000 and an army that was 2nd (behind the Byzantines) at 133,000.

Just started a new game as the King of Absynnia and have won wars against the Shia Caliphate by converting my heir to Catholicism and when he came to power he called upon the Templars and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Im going with King F the Fat!
    And we have a winner!
    yup, the worst king i ever head, of course he reigned the longest. got quite a nice score with him though so i can forgive him.

king Mael the Just was probably my best king actually, he was also first crowned king of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence of Arabia View Post

Endgame with the Kingdom of Armenia.

Started out as the Duke of Armenia and took lands from nearby Muslims, the Georgians, and other ERE vassals until the ERE Crown Authority went too high. I declared war in the early 14th century to get independence from the Byzantines as they started fending off civil wars. Gold became rather pointless towards 1350 as I was making 90 gold a month and had nothing to spend it out as I maxed out my buildings in each of my holdings.

Finished the game with 65,000 gold, a score of 43,000 and an army that was 2nd (behind the Byzantines) at 133,000.

Just started a new game as the King of Absynnia and have won wars against the Shia Caliphate by converting my heir to Catholicism and when he came to power he called upon the Templars and such.
    Good ideas. I plan on playing as nubia in my next game when jerusalem is first created. May try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Which is why horse archers are so ridiculous. Eastern factions like the states making up Rus can hire mercenaries that have 1500 horse archers, and a few hundred light infantry and archers, and almost all of the battles are already won by the skirmish phase as the usual heavy infantry armies you come up against simply cannot compete. I've beaten armies 50% larger using massed horse archers from these mercs.

convert to mongol culture so you can build them.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
    I may be wrong but so far i haven't seen a battle in which numbers aren't decisive.What a f-up game.

i have seen plenty. Also this isn't a CA game where every battle is 10:1 victories.

Quote Originally Posted by florin87 View Post
    doing this now. kinda easy because of all the religious war CB's you get and ridiculously weak garrisons. once you cross over to ireland and manage to unite it it's pretty much game over. only one that can stop you then is france.
    Its easymode I refuse to play as heretics.

Playing as Norway from game start right now. Dominated the invasion wish I did a let's play. May do one on my next game.

Viking england is epic fun.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

So yeah ive tried a few games now. All of them with "The Isles" which is a small dukedom on the Islands west of Scotland. I was doing quite well until my Duke died, then the law pretty much disolved my kingdom and gave it all away to my sons, leaving me at square 1. My Direct heir was a 20 diplomacy cowardly homosexual, so everyone hates him now..

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    So yeah ive tried a few games now. All of them with "The Isles" which is a small dukedom on the Islands west of Scotland. I was doing quite well until my Duke died, then the law pretty much disolved my kingdom and gave it all away to my sons, leaving me at square 1. My Direct heir was a 20 diplomacy cowardly homosexual, so everyone hates him now..

I dominated half of North Africa in the reign of the first king of Sicily,he died I continued my current campaign won it as well as a couple of civil wars....and then Mauritania decide to try their luck and...they can field more men than me and hold 3x the territory...

Mauretania is the superpower of the western Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    Mauretania is the superpower of the western Mediterranean.
    That is why you gang rape them when France declare war against them.

Cahoma's Avatar Tribunus
    Sooooomewheeeeere ooover the raaaaainboooow

Any of you tried a mod yet? I'm about to play with the WizCK2 mod myself.
    Features
    - Holy Wars restricted to neighbours, so that Muslims do not always own Sardinia and France does not always own Gibraltar. Crusades/Jihads are not affected by this.
    - No Holy Wars against Pagans unless your demesne borders them or you have at least Medium Crown Authority, preventing the HRE from immediately gobbling up the entire baltic coast.
    - Balanced Anti-Popes that are not simply endless money machines.
    - More lethal diseases and battles, making medieval life the violent and uncertain existance it should be.
    - Many more Empires and Kingdoms to create.
    - Vassal rebellions are more of a danger, as one vassal trying to acheive independence can lead to a chain reaction of discontent vassals doing the same.
    - It is now more difficult but also more rewarding to raise your crown authority.
    - Tweaked succession laws to make it possible for non-Basques to use Absolute Cognatic. Authority requirements for other succession laws have also been eased.
    - Rebalanced levies and laws that reduce the military capabilities of large kingdoms with weak authority (like France or the HRE).
    - More ambitions.
    - Women of your dynasty can hold some council positions under Cognatic or Agnatic-Cognatic laws.
    - Many minor and major balancing tweaks for a more challenging and enjoyable experience.

Included Mods
    - Heraldy Mod
    - Better Rebels Mod
    - Council Shuffling Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    ... Cahoma himself is racist ...

NONOPUST's Avatar Primicerius

I was going to ask a similar question about a similar mod.

Haven't been able to test it out myself yet as my friend got me back into M&B. Addicting games at war

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

I've been playing with BGA, enjoying it. It's much harder and, in general things, cost more. I feel that it is a step in the right direction.

+ for all of you who want to play as Pagan, here is your chance!! This mod allows it! (through a scripting loop hole or something that I don't understand)
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics