Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    All the addons, except for sunset invasion (another bollocks unhistorical thing).

If you start as charlemagne, yes, you will get big, because you get middle francia, saxony etc handed to you.

They didnt die out, quite the opposite, I was getting spammed by "x has joined the pact". How can it be the aim of the mechanic to block off any kind of progress and feel so unhistorical at the same time? What am I supposed to do? Not conquer eastern europe and convert it? The game is called crusader kings for a reason, not "sit on your arse for 20y while the agression cools down" kings.

Paradox just throws in milking dlc with new mechanics and then is surprised the back of the donkey broke... The new dlc isnt gonna be any different
    It's simply to make it harder.

See it this way, if they don't group up they are simply for you to pick apart. You could declare war on them all at the same time and pick them one by one, the whole map is yours within a century.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Apart from waging wars, there is very little to do in the game. within 20y you get the same events and messages anyway. Give me something extra to do instead of restricting everything. You can barely change laws either because of the council either. And favours are way too expensive to be worth the bother, same with cardinals

If anything, the agressive penalty should reset when your character dies.

Want to make it harder? make the AI more competent

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Eh depends, there extra faith alliances occasionally, while intra-faith ones against large kingdoms are fine imo.

I think they made homosexuality a bit too widespread, because I have had in one campaign Zengi, Barbarossa and uncle and a good number of French and English kings turning gay. Basically if the AI gives a character a female guardian, he'll turn gay.
    It has nothing to do with guardian gender. There are two childhood events that might trigger it, with a combined chance of ~9.7% giving a given character the Homosexual trait

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Fair enough, thanks.

Mike Louis's Avatar Laetus

I just started a new campaign with the new Monks and Mystics expansion DLC and both my personal mod and the More Councilors mod updated (I'm the creator of the More Councilors mod). Sixteen years into my campaign and already it seems like my family is dropping like flies. First my current character's youngest sister Penelope (Duchess of Damascus) who was my chancellor died while giving birth to her only daughter and heir ��. Next my only son and heir David died of rabies, making his twin sister Zenobia the new heir (a female heir relations penalty added to my current female ruler relations penalty) ����. I have to give Crown Princess Zenobia a military education so that her few male duke level vassal can somewhat respect her. Next my ruler's husband dies shortly after of the flu, and it would next to impossible for my ruler to remarry since she's over 30 and has cancer ������. Then my ruler's remaining sister Cassandra (Duchess of Antioch) dies while using the bathroom, leaving no choice but to make her elderly father Simeon the new designated regent ��������. Hopefully my ruler (Miriam) will live long enough until Princess Zenobia reaches sixteen (I betrothed her matrilineally to the eldest son of the Duchess of Bostra).

Yeah I have major doubts about The Reaper DLC.

You should avoid playing as females. They always create crises of succession.

Mike Louis's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    If you marry either your female ruler and or heir matrilineally and produce legitimate heirs before the age of 45 (age of menopause in game), you won't have succession problems. It just that Paradox haven't gotten around to normalizing the effects of disease related character deaths from the Reapers Due expansion DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    It has really nothing to do with that. The Reaper's expansion hits male and female equally way too much.

Hmmm I haven't had any problems with it. Just get a good court physician and always close the gates during disease outbreaks.But female rulers are more difficult to play with. If your heir dies from combat or other causes and you're too old it's game over. But with male rulers you can always have more babies.

I have very rarely used any female heirs tbh.

I avoid it like the played. I did have a hilarious situation developed in one game. I had four children; three girls and one youngest boy.
    The youngest buy was barely of age when he became duke. One of the three sisters poisoned him and one of the three sisters claim the title. The other two attacked and there was a battle royal for the throne. They wasn't an alliance with any of them, they just went at each other. Luckily I had an earlier save, so I am still playing the game, but stuff like this is why this game is a real kick in the pants!

Well when I play ck2 I always imprison my partner after 50 age .Yup I'm evil .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

No really interesting games at the moment so I might jump back into CK2 a bit.

3 mods have piqued my interest:

- After the End, a fictional mod playing in a postapocaliptic North America, with many cultural references
    - Geheimnisnacht: I am really not into Warhammer, don't know jack about the universe, but this looks like a must play
    - and there's also this fine tool called CK2 generator, which can generate entirely new maps, and simulate them with new political/cultural/religious history.

White Bishop's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I have very rarely used any female heirs tbh.
    Female heirs can be some of the most stable and prosperous ones you can have! Whilst the minus modifiers from your vassals whilst she is your heiress is rather poor, once she becomes the ruler those modifiers will all change to be in the plus due to attractiveness. Especially if you have some nice traits or attractive. They will fall on their swords if you command it

Magyars in Viking Age = OP

They got toned down a lot in the last addons. To the point they get beaten back by Bulgaria in their attempt to get the Carpathian basin.

I don't have enough time to write everything here, but I'd like to make a point.

After reasons for war, today's DD showed the map is extending to previous wastelands. The chosen example: Tibet, Kashmir, and the Hymalaias.

So they are adding Bön as a pagan religion (great), which can't be reformed (lame). I mean, Bön is the only pagan religion, off the top of my head, that ACTUALLY reformed in real life, becoming syncretic with Buddhism.

Unless they mean it starts already reformed, but I doubt that.

And Tibet is going to be overpowered in 769

eh, I hate regions that are huge and take ages to walk through

http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Monks_and_Mystics

It looks good. I know it has been out for 2 months already but I'm not paying 14$ for it, I like it, but it goes against my common sense to pay a total of 200$ for a single videogame.

Nonetheless, major changes:
    Societies: monastic and ermetic look ok, the possibility to work with Hashashins (if you are Shia) however is more than welcome, Demon worshippers is just for the lulz and adds a touch of medieval darkness to the game.

Secret religion: love it. This was actually rather common whenever a new religion took over an area as a lot of people openly professed the new faith while keeping the old one in private. The fact that you can now coordinate instead of ''lol Bogomilst uprising'' is great.

Minor changes:

-artifacts (eg you die, your bones or sword become a relic), pretty interesting, add historical touch
    -4th action for councillors, good because I tend to always stick to the same ones (tech research or taxation)
    -possibility to give orders to allies in war, good because the AI can be dumb

All in all, much better than The Reaper which to me is still one broken mess.