Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    A gripte I have with the upcoming expansion is...cats. Seriously? In a game where you have even abstracted the Roman and Indian governments into quasi-Frankish feudalism, Romuva and West Africans are missing tons of events and flavour, the dung Conclave peddled was still not fixed...and they decide to go and put their development time, effort and money in depth for an animal, absolutely and completely insignificant to history or medieval era?

Shameless DLC whoring, the reason I stopped buying DLCs for this game.
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

Mike Louis's Avatar Laetus

Paradox has announced the new Content Pack to be released on August 25 in conjunction with the Reaper's Due expansion DLC:

Portraits

East African Portraits - East African Cultures now have their own portrait set.

Late Byzantine Clothes - Characters utilizing the Byzantine portrait set will now have Late Medieval (from the year 1200) style clothing.

Advisors

Eastern Female Councillors - Characters playing realms in Eastern Europe will now have female councillor sprites show up on the map if you happen to have a female character in the effected major advisor slot (chancellor, marshal, steward, spymaster, court chaplain).

African Councillors (Male and Female) - Characters playing realms in Sub-Saharan Africa (Nubia, Ethiopia, Mali) will now have new African councillor sprites show up on the map.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That female pack is bs. Everybody knows eastern european women used to look like fat bearded men back in the middle ages.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

By the reactions in the forums and reddit it sounds like The Reaper's Due is worthy, anyone tried it already?

Haven't yet. I refuse to spend over 100 euro in addons.

Btw has anyone tried playing the Zoroastrian Karen after all the expansions?
    They are hard as (and they are supposed to be).
    All the ''Old Gods'' initial armies were nerfed. Magyars get 5k instead of 20k, Karens get 4 instead of 6k.

Also the Samanids are much stronger with the extended map and they squash you. If you attack the Tahirids southwards, trying to take Khorasan before the Saffarids are finished with them, the Samanids defend them and again squash you. If you attack the Yagbuid up north, you end up stuck with worthless lands in the short term, then the Samanids and the Saffarids have breakfast with you.

It's not bad, actually. Actually adds enough content to make it worth it, for once

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I got the Reaper's Due. It's pretty good, though plague is far far far to widespread and the option to turn off the reputation and feminism is welcome indeed.
    If you haven't got most DLC yet you should wait, they said they are making 2-3 more DLC (2 of which will be small ones) before stopping entirely.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; September 09, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

By the time those dlc's get a decent sale, its 2019

Mayer's Avatar Domesticus

and Paradox released 20 new DLCs in the meantime
    HATE SPEECH ISN'T REAL

The Reaper is a disaster. With simple settings of normal and historical, a ton of characters get sick all the time.
    Every time Paradox makes a new release, for some reason whatever they add is OP as , but this one is unplayable.

It's not that the idea is bad per se, but the frequency is a nightmare.

Going to give it a shot with less happenings settings for now.

I like it, adds an air of unpredictability. Sometimes your heir just gets an illness and dies, and that was a pretty real occurrence back then so

But that could happen regardless of this add-on. The Reaper just adds more details to the illness as opposed to the generic ''ill'' trait.

Also after another test with the ''fewer'' occurrence setting, events still happen too frequently and at this point I'd rather play without The Reaper.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Reapers Due is imo. one of the better recent DLC contents, like it, it really adds to the game. Can't find weaknesses unlike to Conclave (but which seems to be improved with latest patches).

But as always with Paradox' games and its DLCs, i find the price politics questionable, even on sale.

Eventual new comers to the Grand Strategy series might want to wait on a bundle offer of at least 75 % reduction, or the games will be a money grave
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I recently grabbed CK2.
    Until recently I had shown no interest in the game. The ad for it presented it horribly. If it wasn't for me on whim watching a Let's play where I can actually see how the game was played that I showed any interest. I popped around to other Let's play and then finally decided to buy it as a package deal and on discount. I didn't get Horse Lords or Way of life with the deal, but I didn't have any intention of playing the horde until later (so I do not need it yet) and I was told way of life is better after you have played it for awhile. I usually only grab the content packs if they are about 0.67 and if they actually add something to the game. The best time to buy is 66% after a price reduction or 75% of the original price. I do not play often enough to having to need it in order to play it.

While waiting for the winter sale, I started up ck2 again (first time since february according to steam), since I have all the expansions now. Started again as chrlemagne. Wtf did they do with those pacts? You take one kingdom (bavaria in this case), and all your neigbours cuddle up together: spanish muslims, norse vikings, pagan eastern-europe, and the british isles. I feel like I'm napoleon, except I have barely conquered anything and I have no allies at all......

Its no fun, and it surely isn't realistic. what a cockup from paradox

Eh depends, there extra faith alliances occasionally, while intra-faith ones against large kingdoms are fine imo.

I think they made homosexuality a bit too widespread, because I have had in one campaign Zengi, Barbarossa and uncle and a good number of French and English kings turning gay. Basically if the AI gives a character a female guardian, he'll turn gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Eh depends, there extra faith alliances occasionally, while intra-faith ones against large kingdoms are fine imo.

I think they made homosexuality a bit too widespread, because I have had in one campaign Zengi, Barbarossa and uncle and a good number of French and English kings turning gay. Basically if the AI gives a character a female guardian, he'll turn gay.
    Occasionally? By taking one duchy from some rebels, my agression shot up so much that it would take 20y to cool down, and people from the baltic states, more than 1500km away joined a non agression pact. This is 810 ad, they should barely know where I am.

gonna restart and turn it off. What on earth where they thinking. Like you dont wait enough in the game, you now need to wait even more.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Occasionally? By taking one duchy from some rebels, my agression shot up so much that it would take 20y to cool down, and people from the baltic states, more than 1500km away joined a non agression pact. This is 810 ad, they should barely know where I am.

gonna restart and turn it off. What on earth where they thinking. Like you dont wait enough in the game, you now need to wait even more.
    Wait what's the last addon you have installed? Like in chronological order since they came out.

Also defensive pacts tend to die out within a couple of years, unless you are HUGE.

All the addons, except for sunset invasion (another bollocks unhistorical thing).

If you start as charlemagne, yes, you will get big, because you get middle francia, saxony etc handed to you.

They didnt die out, quite the opposite, I was getting spammed by "x has joined the pact". How can it be the aim of the mechanic to block off any kind of progress and feel so unhistorical at the same time? What am I supposed to do? Not conquer eastern europe and convert it? The game is called crusader kings for a reason, not "sit on your arse for 20y while the agression cools down" kings.

Paradox just throws in milking dlc with new mechanics and then is surprised the back of the donkey broke... The new dlc isnt gonna be any different

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    All the addons, except for sunset invasion (another bollocks unhistorical thing).

If you start as charlemagne, yes, you will get big, because you get middle francia, saxony etc handed to you.

They didnt die out, quite the opposite, I was getting spammed by "x has joined the pact". How can it be the aim of the mechanic to block off any kind of progress and feel so unhistorical at the same time? What am I supposed to do? Not conquer eastern europe and convert it? The game is called crusader kings for a reason, not "sit on your arse for 20y while the agression cools down" kings.

Paradox just throws in milking dlc with new mechanics and then is surprised the back of the donkey broke... The new dlc isnt gonna be any different
    This sums it up perfectly!