Thread: Crusader Kings 2

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Greater Poland, so pretty much no chance to get a good raid besides kicking my Slavic cousin on west and north.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    The good thing for Karen is that Zoroastrian rebellion is fairly common in Middle East now.

The problem is that cash is short for tribal state since you cannot build the main cash earner, city, in your holding. That means the only major financial source would be raiding, but it only works for Viking.
    Oh, sure, being limited to border raiding is the main drawback for non-norse pagans. I'm actually playing as the Wendish Empire too (started as Pomerania in the Charlemagne bookmark). Got only tribal vassals, reformed the slavic faith and also hold pretty much every slavic tribe in the map. I'm planning to move to feudalism (if I went for republic, I would get a nasty wrong gov type from pretty much everyone). If you manage to do it only in your capital, you won't have any troops (tribal holdings don't provide troops for feudal lieges), and you will be susceptible to subjulgations/rebels. Your vassals will build their walls up if they do get the required money, though, but that may take some time. So I'm sticking to tribal for the time being, and I suppose that was the way it was meant to be, sticking to tribal for many generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Pomerania
    At least you have boats; I am a landlocked state how I am going to raid all the way to civilized world?
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

867 start?
    You can either raid the Christian characters of Great Moravia or walk through them and raid Bavaria. Unless they changed something in the last patches, I just tried it and it's doable.

Though I played with the Piast long time ago and from my experience it's much better to subjugate the other 2 (Mazovia and Kuyavia), form Poland and then raid.
    If you get caught raiding and lose your army it's 100% sure they'll do it to you and it's game over.

After playing every type of faction once I conclude that Catholic heretic is still the best, especially in 867 start.

lol, what heresy?

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Depends really. In many cases mistresses were other nobles or even nieces or cousins. See both Manuel and Andronikos Komnenos for that and they had tons of affairs anyways. Eleanore d'Aquitaine, Queen of France, allegedly had, among others an affair with Raymond of Antioch. Reynald of Chatillon was another one with multiple affairs with noblewomen.
    The entire house of Trastamara of Castille is a bastard dynasty out of another affair with a noble.
    Henry I and Charles II of England had something like 20-25 bastards, each.
    And I'm just throwing in examples I remember. Charlemagne house that rules the early part of the game in Europe had tons of bastards as well, both with noble women and lesser ones.

Ok I don't know the extent of the issue in the game, though there were notorious whores as queens, duchess, countess as well. Just saying, adultery in the Middle Ages was common.
    Well yeah, but many rulers were smart enough to deal with this and avoid bad consequences, ie. put their bastards into monasteries/promote for a church career. With the AI in this game, it can only lead to complete chaos.

lol, what heresy?
    What you mean? Cathar is technically much better than Catholic.

I meant which heresy did you use? I know there are a number but I've never played any.

I meant which heresy did you use? I know there are a number but I've never played any.
    For Catholic, anything besides Fraticelli, while Cathar probably is most desirable (as it allows female become councillor and commander, which is a good thing since I often find more female vassals that are military capable than male vassals, especially during early mid-game). For Orthodox, probably Bogomilist as it allows female church holder which help you get rid old women in your court, including your mom. The rest is just a good excuse to constantly launch Holy War.

Also, the roleplaying factor for heresies is greatly increased for me. I just wish the manicheans got some mechanics from Paradox...

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    For Catholic, anything besides Fraticelli, while Cathar probably is most desirable (as it allows female become councillor and commander, which is a good thing since I often find more female vassals that are military capable than male vassals, especially during early mid-game). For Orthodox, probably Bogomilist as it allows female church holder which help you get rid old women in your court, including your mom. The rest is just a good excuse to constantly launch Holy War.
    Though, don't you get constant holy wars and crusades launched against you? The few times I've seen a major faction becoming heretic they didn't last long...

Though, don't you get constant holy wars and crusades launched against you? The few times I've seen a major faction becoming heretic they didn't last long...
    867 start is more safe mainly because Crusade does not exist and Catholic states are too busy with other things instead jumping on you. The key hence is you want to grow until certain size before become a heretic, so Catholic states would prefer to deal their immediate problems instead you. States such as Tuscany is a good thing to start the heretic game.

Can anyone explain me exactly how subjugation cb's work? I know that if you have the Become King ambition you can spam them untill you have taken all holdings within a dejure realm but I also recall reading something about a cool-down period of 10 years or so. It's just that I've seen the A.I. spam subjugation cb's even without the ambition while I cannot.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Subjugation only works when you are pagan

I know that, so let me rephrase it: does the subjugation cb only work once in a rulers life or does it have a cool down? So far everything suggest the former, but I've seen A.I. spam them like there is no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    I know that, so let me rephrase it: does the subjugation cb only work once in a rulers life or does it have a cool down? So far everything suggest the former, but I've seen A.I. spam them like there is no tomorrow.
    Every pagan ruler only has one subjugation CB per life time, unless the ruler has ambition of forming certain kingdom, in that case the ruler would has unlimited subjugation CB for that kingdom.

So say, if you play as Duke of Greater Poland and has ambition to form Kingdom of Poland, then you have limitless subjugation CB for Kingdom of Poland.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

So I'm trying to finish up my Brittany game, way back with the old patch before they made you go to steam so whatever version that is. Anyway i invaded west Francia but i have a really old long in his 80s and i was afraid he'd die before i conquered everything so i have a few conquered vassals in France itself, one Duke with a bishop and count and like 4 other direct counts.
    Also have the problem now of France is gavel kind and is trying to split my realm on succession and my king is 84 so idk if I'll be able to change the law though it says I've matched the 10 year reign thing i just have negative opinion problem. Which leads to next thing, is it a good idea to just revoke everything since my king will probably die? I wanted to land my one useless son as a bishop to get rid of him but idk.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

You can revoke but you risk a bunch of civil wars. A couple of revokes can be useful though and if you want to get rid of the useless kid it's definitely a good idea.
    You can try to make everyone have a positive opinion by sending gifts if you have money enough.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

At the point i got sick of trying to think of what to do and saved i had no levies left just a single retinue of archers, all my vassals hate my guts for a -280 demesne to big penalty, and i drained my money on mercenaries for the invasion. So I'm afraid I'd i revoke I'll just get revolts. Already Spanish and Italian dukes are at war with me trying to install pretenders.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian