Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

OK, will edit it out then
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

In my dlc file, are the DLC's supposed to be in ZIP archive form? should I extract them, because it doesn't work?
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

So, what's going out with CKII? Activity in this thread has been really downhill lately...

Haven't played in months, are Charlemagne / WoL wortwhile additions in terms of mechanics/ RP`?

Heard WoL is unbalanced at the moment, with ridiculous amount of adultery

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    So, what's going out with CKII? Activity in this thread has been really downhill lately...

Haven't played in months, are Charlemagne / WoL wortwhile additions in terms of mechanics/ RP`?

Heard WoL is unbalanced at the moment, with ridiculous amount of adultery
    and how is that a bad thing?
    For the Sake of Love

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros_Kalmpou View Post
    and how is that a bad thing?

Well, I'm afraid it will be TOO MUCH fun.
    The thing is, I can't even play Christian anymore, since Christians can't loot and take their prisoners as concubines. Seriously, Norse are so awesome that I'm doomed to play as them for eternity.

I never buy stuff on release anymore. Developers are way too eager to dump you a broken game.
    Other than that, adultery among the nobility of Christian powers was indeed ridiculously widespread. It's hard to find someone that didn't have 4-10 mistresses.
    I get it it makes the game rather crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I never buy stuff on release anymore. Developers are way too eager to dump you a broken game.
    Other than that, adultery among the nobility of Christian powers was indeed ridiculously widespread. It's hard to find someone that didn't have 4-10 mistresses.
    I get it it makes the game rather crazy.
    Mistresses yeah, but those were mostly "lowly" women. But it's not that a Queen would cheat on her spouse with every count in the realm. These things would happen only rarely.

Mistresses yeah, but those were mostly "lowly" women.
    Depends really. In many cases mistresses were other nobles or even nieces or cousins. See both Manuel and Andronikos Komnenos for that and they had tons of affairs anyways. Eleanore d'Aquitaine, Queen of France, allegedly had, among others an affair with Raymond of Antioch. Reynald of Chatillon was another one with multiple affairs with noblewomen.
    The entire house of Trastamara of Castille is a bastard dynasty out of another affair with a noble.
    Henry I and Charles II of England had something like 20-25 bastards, each.
    And I'm just throwing in examples I remember. Charlemagne house that rules the early part of the game in Europe had tons of bastards as well, both with noble women and lesser ones.

But it's not that a Queen would cheat on her spouse with every count in the realm. These things would happen only rarely.
    Ok I don't know the extent of the issue in the game, though there were notorious whores as queens, duchess, countess as well. Just saying, adultery in the Middle Ages was common.

Of course that doesn't make it the rule for every marriage you make in the game. It'd get retardedly annoying.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; December 22, 2014 at 03:10 AM.

Btw it would be really cool if they introduced the concept of ''Medieval commune'' in Germany/Italy and have leaders given the possibility to form military leagues. The base in game could be taken from merchant republics.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Hmm strange, how do I start the Steam version CKII? I try to start it like all Steam games but it would not start no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Doing so starts the CKII launcher, you then need to start it from that launcher.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Doing so starts the CKII launcher, you then need to start it from that launcher.
    Yes I know that but not even the launcher show up, which is strange...
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Indeed, it is! Just tested, mine works so it's nothing general with steam, have you tried de- and reinstalling?

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Indeed, it is! Just tested, mine works so it's nothing general with steam, have you tried de- and reinstalling?
    I may have to do that; it may be because the CD key I have is from GamersGate version.

What?! It is not possible to do assassination now?

Yeah they removed the assassin spam button ages ago

To anyone currently playing 2.3: there's a serious game breaking bug you might not have noticed. Remember when you go to the war tab and see there are hundreds of wars going on? Test it now,you will see probably 20-30 wars only. Basically, the AI is unable to dismiss their vassals' levies: they can't start their own wars.
    PDS already got a fix and will release it as a patch (*probably* until the end of the month)

I honestly didn't notice that. Does that include rebellions as well then?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard of Gloucester View Post
    I honestly didn't notice that. Does that include rebellions as well then?
    Most of the time I experienced the AI keeps few levies only, FUBAR their relations with some vassals only (check some of their vassals, some will have the "levies raised for too long -30" while some won't. Or maybe their levies die during war, dunno. In the game I noticed it, I saw the Abassid were torn by civil war: many independents arised, but never declared war and so the caliphate remained fractured for centuries.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

And I just wanted to start playing again now ive got the dlc...

Well they finally found a way then to nerf the abbasids....

Paradox is getting really on my tits with this they keep pulling. Not only do they keep releasing gameplay dlc constantly, forcing you to buy it cause otherwise you cant play the game like they ment it (and the game which they have in mind aka work on). But on top of that every new release since RoI has been met with gamebreaking bugs, and they seem to focus more on getting the next dlc out instead of checking whether it wont break anything.