Thread: Crusader Kings 2

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Is this anything to do with TWC or is it just another forum/group on vBulletin? Sorry, I'm just confused

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Is this anything to do with TWC or is it just another forum/group on vBulletin? Sorry, I'm just confused
    This is a TWC project. It will be on TWC. It will hopefully one day become a major subforum, like Shogun 2 or Rome 2.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

If anyone wishes to use, I have made the clear blank map for CK2's current version by clearing it of all the factions from the wiki map:

सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Gave up on my last try as jewish. Expansion went fairly well, but even with a cruel kinslaying coward the byzantines remained stable for 50y. Just like the abbasids and the saffarids, who took all of armenia. And within 50y ill be stamped on by the seljuks....

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    I got assassinated by my son/heir in my zoroastrian nk playthrough, but understandable when you're being a tyrant. I was already 70+, and it allowed me to wage some more war without waiting for truces. A bit dissapointed i havent got any inbreds yet, even with +25% fertility

But yeah, in normal playthroughs there is a distinct lack of plots aimed at you. you're constantly buggered with the plots of your vassals though
    Today my brother was appointed as my regent and tutor. Ofc he tried to kill me. I got an event chain where he put me in dangerous situations around 5 times, with a chance of death of 20% each time. After my ruler survived every time, he would just storm into my room with a knife, but even this time he failed, was put into prison and got the lunatic trait. Too bad since he was an excellent regent apart from the attempted murders I really really love this game.

SO with the upcoming Rajas dlc: how will the Indian realms work in terms of inheritance, succession laws and crown authority? I felt that playing Islamic rulers is very bland compared to Christians, so I hope playing Indians is more interesting.
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; March 14, 2014 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy_Licker View Post
    Today my brother was appointed as my regent and tutor. Ofc he tried to kill me. I got an event chain where he put me in dangerous situations around 5 times, with a chance of death of 20% each time. After my ruler survived every time, he would just storm into my room with a knife, but even this time he failed, was put into prison and got the lunatic trait. Too bad since he was an excellent regent apart from the attempted murders I really really love this game.

SO with the upcoming Rajas dlc: how will the Indian realms work in terms of inheritance, succession laws and crown authority? I felt that playing Islamic rulers is very bland compared to Christians, so I hope playing Indians is more interesting.
    I have so far mainly played as the Abbasid trying to keep the caliphate together. Decadence can be difficult because you have to constantly fight members of your own dynasty almost every time there is a succession due to the sheer number of kids Muslim rulers have (unless you imprison/execute them all from the start before they or their parents gain any titles, but I felt that was cheating). Combine this with all of the greatest challenges military challenges being right there: other Muslims, Byzantine early on, Mongols, crusaders and Turks. Of all the empires in paradox games it is one of the more challenging ones.

With Western European campaigns I run into some difficulty early on but eventually start to steamroll whatever I want, and it feels like Crusades are more adventuring with little real risk/reward compared to the Muslim side where you are being invaded by half the Christian world.

Maybe I just didn't play Christian rulers enough, but they seemed bland. Do they get special decisions or religious options that make them more interesting?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

They get actual inheritance and political mechanics. Muslim is just all vassal and conquest mechanics. There's no intricate planning to get your dynasty in other kingdoms. That's what makes it boring for me, at least.

I was starting an AAR but I'm holding off on it now. I'll wait until RoI
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Quote Originally Posted by tarvu View Post
    I have so far mainly played as the Abbasid trying to keep the caliphate together. Decadence can be difficult because you have to constantly fight members of your own dynasty almost every time there is a succession due to the sheer number of kids Muslim rulers have (unless you imprison/execute them all from the start before they or their parents gain any titles, but I felt that was cheating). Combine this with all of the greatest challenges military challenges being right there: other Muslims, Byzantine early on, Mongols, crusaders and Turks. Of all the empires in paradox games it is one of the more challenging ones.

With Western European campaigns I run into some difficulty early on but eventually start to steamroll whatever I want, and it feels like Crusades are more adventuring with little real risk/reward compared to the Muslim side where you are being invaded by half the Christian world.

Maybe I just didn't play Christian rulers enough, but they seemed bland. Do they get special decisions or religious options that make them more interesting?
    As totalwarrior said, politics is way more interesting in CHristian realms with claims/inheritance. Muslims are really all about conquest, besides the decadence system, which isn't really statisfying atm in my opinion. What disturbs me too is that Muslim rulers can just raise crown authority very easily. I tend to play as vassal, and this makes playing in a Muslim realm really frustrating. Even after a sucessful civil war, the ruler will just set back crown authority back up a few years later. It's much more interesting how multiple dynasties fight for power in christian realms, instead of the onslaught between brothers.

Best Caliphate is Umayyad, which is reduced to Iberia by this time. They historically spanned from southern France all the way to the Indus river (which will come with RoI) on the eastern border of the map, until Abbasids revolted and . Whenever playing as them, my goal is to start a reconquest of Africa.

Abbasids are fun once vassals are straightened out and I learn to ignore decadence.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Best Caliphate is Umayyad, which is reduced to Iberia by this time. They historically spanned from southern France all the way to the Indus river (which will come with RoI) on the eastern border of the map, until Abbasids revolted and . Whenever playing as them, my goal is to start a reconquest of Africa.

Abbasids are fun once vassals are straightened out and I learn to ignore decadence.
    Playing as a Emir or Sultan is fun until you die and all the sons fight over the land...

Looking forward to the next dlc!

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ng!&p=17085256

Havent red everything yet, but things that jump out most are the diplomacy range, the attirition, hte faction revolts (and given with that, the less likely joining of factions for people who like you), changing of culture by guardian blocked and NK mode made impossible

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ng!&p=17085256

Havent red everything yet, but things that jump out most are the diplomacy range, the attirition, hte faction revolts (and given with that, the less likely joining of factions for people who like you), changing of culture by guardian blocked and NK mode made impossible
    Release date 25th March. Damn, I need to hurry up with my current campaign

I don't like the changes they made to Egypt. It was the only thing that retained any resemblance to the old Aegyptus province of Roman Empire for me to restore the historical borders.

Now it is gone. Egypt is way too wide.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I don't like the changes they made to Egypt. It was the only thing that retained any resemblance to the old Aegyptus province of Roman Empire for me to restore the historical borders.

Now it is gone. Egypt is way too wide.

Edit: Its not horrible histories, whoever repped me.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ko...d-mapsalot-iii
    Last edited by Ciciro; March 20, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

Will anyone be able to offer me a rough idea on just how stable Paradox DLC releases are ? I see Crusader Kings 2 has had 16 official updates in the last two years and as I'm new to playing it I'm wondering if it'll be worth picking up Rajas of India straight away or waiting to see if it's bugged in some way a-la Rome 2. I've no problem in leaving it a month or two but I'd hate to re-start a new campaign just because of a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
    Will anyone be able to offer me a rough idea on just how stable Paradox DLC releases are ? I see Crusader Kings 2 has had 16 official updates in the last two years and as I'm new to playing it I'm wondering if it'll be worth picking up Rajas of India straight away or waiting to see if it's bugged in some way a-la Rome 2. I've no problem in leaving it a month or two but I'd hate to re-start a new campaign just because of a patch.
    Well, the base game is very stable and the dlc haven't changed that yet. After the big patch/dlc release usually 1-2 smaller patches follow shorty after, which are balance fixes and should be save game compatible. There is often some need for finetuning, nerfing or balancing the new features, but I guarantee you that there won't be a disaster like Rome. Not even close.

I rarely installed major patches/dlc right on launch day, but I haven't had a single crash in Crusader Kings ever
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; March 22, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I'd wait as well.

I'm waiting to start my AAR until after RoI's release. To be honest, I'm not going to get the new DLC, so I won't be an Indian character.

Who do yopu think I should play as? I'm thinking Boleslaw the Bold in 1066 would be an interesting start, but I wanted other opinions.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I'm waiting to start my AAR until after RoI's release. To be honest, I'm not going to get the new DLC, so I won't be an Indian character.

Who do yopu think I should play as? I'm thinking Boleslaw the Bold in 1066 would be an interesting start, but I wanted other opinions.
    I've yet to see an AAR as Hrólfr de Normandie (founder of William the Conquerer's dynasty) in The Old Gods start. He starts unlanded so you'd have to give him a county first.