Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

considering the impressive mods like game of Thrones and Elder Scrols, Paradox would not make any money if the demo accepted mods. who would by their stuff if one could get massive campaigns for free.

also i suppose the demo now would be incompatible with current mods after all the patches.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

It is a demo. What else would you expect?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

what i still like the most about this game is the insane casquade of events that can occur.

my previous character was the Serene Doge of king-sized republic of Pisa, married to a Byzantine princess born in the purple. he was vassal of the Byzantine empire and father of the emperor himself.
    the 1st son became emperor way too soon, i am not exactly sure how it came about. possibly he simply inherited in place of his mother, being the closest male decandant of former emperor.

the old Doge died suddenly due to being maimed and otherwise badly injured. leaving the 2nd son as patrician at age 8, bethroated to a Byzantine princess born in the purple - his aunt. there were also a younger 3rd brother, the attractive one, bethroated to a Byzantine aunt in the purple.

i focused on finding a good mentor for my new character and just let the years pass.
    there had been a reasonably strong faction to install some other claimant in Constantinople. it seems that without the great Doge`s protection the faction gained momentum and soon civil war erupted.
    in the midst of it the Doge died and a new was elected, me still underaged and not candidate. when the dust settled i had come of age, the youngest brother died in suspicious circumstances and the eldest brother lost his crown to the would-been wife of the dead one.

and as an added "bonus" the Serene republic of Pisa was left independent.
    my powerbase is Latium, Tunis, Seville and Granada. my capital is Rome.

the new "crap for brains" Doge could not keep the extended realm together, without an emperor to supress dissent, so an independence faction built with lickety speed. boom, civil war.
    then i get a message that a bunch of people over at the Empire has decided to press my claim for the throne. so said an done, the other ursurper abdicateds under preassure.

i am still patrician while emperor, but unsure if i can pass the house on to a male heir or if my line will turn into boring nobles.
    Imperator

now i am an emperor with two fresh civil wars to fight.
    one is against my eldest brother, claiming the throne back.
    the other is a faction pressing my wifes claim on the throne. this is insane and properly Roman...
    meanwhile Pisa breaks upa and withers away.
    Imperium, bah

territory lost to/by Pisa black out-line, rebelious territory red out-line.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Indefinitely Banned

Does anyone have tips for playing as Ottomans in 1300 and/or 1310? I want to play until 1444 where I convert the game to EUIV, but I can't get a good start. Everytime I get DOW'd by either Rum, ERE or Venice, and my paltry armies can't compare (even so in 1310, where the amount of provinces I have is negated by half of them being owned by an angry vassal brother).

Icon6 Re: Crusader Kings 2

Some coat of arms for custom titles
    Attached Files Attached Files

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

I'm looking for a real interesting game. I did so much already I wonder if anyone of you got tips + a time to play. Anyone ?

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Do you mean fun start spots?

I personally have a real good game going on starting as Magnus Yngling in the second 1066 bookmark. You have a lot of routes to go, either attacking the Pagan Swedes or Finns in the hope of usurping Sweden or create Finland, then attempting to create Scandinavia. You can also try going to the British Isles to complete your father's goals. You could try a whole immigration campaign. There's really a lot of options here.

Another thing I like is trying a Zagwe campaign and seeing how long you can last before Fatimids rofl stomp you.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Are siege assaults counted as regular battles? They should be. Historically, the city's lord or the leader of defenders was a priority target for enemies, and when assaulting the leaders had a high chance to die. Constantine XI, the last Roman Emperor, was a good example. Besides, it is tiresome to see the enemies assault my capital, yet only imprison a few random courtiers, family members and barons from there.

Blog Entries

I don't like playing as Muslims.

Looking for something more central I did England once as a count not sure which one anymore ! I always find Scandinavia easy to close up from attacks know what I mean ?

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Is there any limit to the children a single man or woman can have?I'm just messing around with cheats prolonging the age of my ruler to see how big a family i can make.I just want to know if im wasting my time

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    Is there any limit to the children a single man or woman can have?I'm just messing around with cheats prolonging the age of my ruler to see how big a family i can make.I just want to know if im wasting my time
    I would like to know that as well.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

After a lot of waiting i think the limit is 8.They must have made this for balance.I believe there shoudln't be one.It would make some sense for women since giving birth is no easy thing but men should be able to have as many children as they can until they die.

Quote Originally Posted by goro View Post
    After a lot of waiting i think the limit is 8.They must have made this for balance.I believe there shoudln't be one.It would make some sense for women since giving birth is no easy thing but men should be able to have as many children as they can until they die.
    You can have as many kids as you want, using different women.

My current King of Jerusalem has...more than 12-13 kids. He has had a lot of wives, and at least 3 bastards from court women. All I do is when one wife doesn't give a kid for 2 years, I just kill her and marry a new one.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Eh I'm pretty sure even on one woman 8 isn't the limit as one of my characters had like 9 with his one wife, then another 7 between his second wife and some bastards.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Eh I'm pretty sure even on one woman 8 isn't the limit as one of my characters had like 9 with his one wife, then another 7 between his second wife and some bastards.
    True. The limit has got to be higher, if there is a limit at all.

I just spotted a vassal count of mine, whom I married off with a court lady. And he had more than 10 kids with her.

goro's Avatar Tribunus

Mine must be stuck then.Will try again

Blog Entries

His 3d leg is just tired
    But I wonder how do ya'll do that sorcery ?

I don't think there's any limit to the amount of offspring you can have. I've seen some guy have several dozen of them, granted he made his character immortal but I guess the only form of limitation is probably the whole fertility thing.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

So, I started a 1294 game as Abyssinia, hoping the not yet converted Ilkhanate and Crusaders would screw the Caliphate enough for me to not get wrecked. Ten years in it's working pretty well. I managed to take Harer after an annoyingly long war, and am now going to fabricate claims to eventually take Nubia. Hopefully, by that point Egypt will be weak enough that I can take that as well and form the Empire. It was a very good start point, in my opinion.
    Last edited by ggggtotalwarrior; October 14, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: gramma errorr. Can not tolerate such imperfections :P
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Sounds fun. An Empire dominating all of Africa can be your goal.