Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Sudden drop of warscore

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post
    I'm at war with Sweden to defend Kemi against Sweden's holy war for Kemi. The reason for this is not merely to defend the pagan religion (CK2+ mod) but also that I want Kemi myself. I have defeted almost every large swedish army in the area and have now begun to besiege the Swedish Capital to imprison the King and hopefully stop the war. My victories on the battlefield have given us pagans a warscore of 82%. But all of a sudden the warscore drops down from 82% to -17%.

How is it possible to have a warscore of 82% which all of a sudden drops down to -17%? Could there be any other reason than a bug?
    it would depend on how much of the contested territory this barony represent and if the deffenders have occupied any of the attackers holdings. beating field armies can give a fake impression of success.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Sudden drop of warscore

so i learned today that crown authority only affects de jure vassals. So what about if im a vassal, but not in my liege de jure territory? Can i attack a vassal in his de jure area with medium CA?

Started a game as duke of toulouse. Bethroted the underage daughter of the duke of aquitane, and he died 5 years later. Thanks to elective and free investiture, my son is gonna inherit everything south of paris :p

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

If I can run the demo, does it mean I can run the full game? Or are there possible issues? I need to know, if I am to buy this game.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Well it's a paradox game. It's not demanding.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    If I can run the demo, does it mean I can run the full game? Or are there possible issues? I need to know, if I am to buy this game.
    Yes. In this case you can be sure the game will run smoothly

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

If I can run the demo, does it mean I can run the full game?
    Yes. Makes sure you buy the DLC as well.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Well it's a paradox game. It's not demanding.
    I'd buy it, it's just that I have certain, uh, experience telling me the full game might not work.

I'd buy it, it's just that I have certain, uh, experience telling me the full game might not work.
    ar, what are you talking about matey?

Nothing, nothing... But seriously, could I have some hardware/software issues, or is it just a problem with the harhar version, if the demo runs fine? I really want to buy this game.

Nothing, nothing... But seriously, could I have some hardware/software issues, or is it just a problem with the harhar version, if the demo runs fine? I really want to buy this game.
    Normally yes. like said, its not a very demanding game.

I started of as herbert karling, last descendant from charlemange. Married my son to what is now the duchess of aquitane. But even when my character dies, my heir will have no control over his children, my daughter in law is already tutoring them by some occitan scum :p And i'll probably wont have a say in who they marry either. And she is running gavelkind, so im already trying to kill my weakest grandchildren (im like the worst granddad ever). Is there any way to end this spiral, apart from the "move" cheat?

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What is 'move' cheat?
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    What is 'move' cheat?
    use the console to move (unlanded) characters to your court. Just go move "ID number".

It so lame that im not gonna have any control over my children. A divorced dad is better of than me :p

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    use the console to move (unlanded) characters to your court. Just go move "ID number".

It so lame that im not gonna have any control over my children. A divorced dad is better of than me :p
    I see.

Me says, just kill those children and make some new ones.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    I see.

Me says, just kill those children and make some new ones.
    Im doing that now, but even when herbert dies and my heir takes over, he still is not gonna have anything to say about them, even if those children come after i started playing as my heir, as far as i know

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Im doing that now, but even when herbert dies and my heir takes over, he still is not gonna have anything to say about them, even if those children come after i started playing as my heir, as far as i know
    you are unlikely to have any controll untill you play as Herberts grandson, as for some reasson one is considered a "foreign power"...
    my best advice would have been not to marry ones heir for land, but rather find him the most skillfull wife with a genious trait. then marry the rest of sons to women in power.

i am also playing a Karling campaign and has the genious trait prolificate through out my dynasty. most of my direct descendants are married to baronesses, some countesses and one duchess. i built my powerbase on marriage alliances, donation of ducal titles and bribery. i was on the verge of pressing my factional claim on France, when an event occured and i was arrested for embezelment. that character died in the obuliette and now i must restart the whole power-block with his son, which is steward and regent of France after assasinating the former king.
    there is a strong faction supporting an uncle as new king and my choices are to either protect the infant king against a possibly overwhealming force and spend all my cash on mercenaries. or side with the opposing faction and hope for an opening later on.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

So i killed the oldest two grandchildren, leaving one, and then herbert died. So his son (eudes i think) takes over, and my wife the duchess lets me tutor my son, nice of her. But when he became 16, i caved in and used the move cheat. Im tutoring, him, he is my son, its a normal marriage. I mean it makes more sense he is in my court than hers....I married him to a genius girl, wihout aiming for land, to make it not too significant he moved. although the girl turns out to be heiress to a county on the other side of the HRE.

next thing i know eudes is being captured by a rebellion duke (dont know what he was doing on the battlefield with a martial of 6 and diplomacy of 20),and a request for release ended with the oubliette. and dead offcours. So it all turned out not bad. Then i managed to plot the death of my mother (she was far too rebellious too and in danger of losing her titles), and became duke of aquitane. the plotting went extremely well to my surprise.

I stopped there, in the 3rd generation (funnily enough william the bastard is still alive and manged to become independent as duke of flanders and normandy). next session im gonna try to arrange my vassals so i can invite some claimants over, and i can finally start killing people outside my family

Question though: how do you get a strong claim on someone in the same realm if you wanna usurp a duchy?

Semisalis

so does anyone know how claims degenerate over time? If I am the King of Ireland, how long will it take for the descendants of my second son to lose their claims on all my lands, should I give them a ducal title?

The way I'm thinking it might happen is a strong claim is passed on to the direct child of a ruler. then the child's child will only have a weak claim, and that child's child will not inherit that claim at all, effectively cutting them out. Does it work like that or am I missing something vital?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Claims last 3 gens IIRC.

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

If you have 2.0 shaders, you should be fine.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post
    The HRE was already game and I had defeated an army from HRE. Even though they should have occupied a barony in Kemi should the warscore really drop that much? I have occupied baronies myself and only went up about 10-20%. From 82% to -17% is a drop of 99%. Is it really possible with such a big drop just because they had occupied a barony? That seems a bit up! If they had occupied the barony and imprisoned the High Chief of Kemi the war would probably have finished.

I went back to an earlier autosave, used my fleet to go round to the west side of Sweden and began to besiege the Capial a bit earlier. It went better this time.
    You get warscore every so often if you're the defender and the holding(s) they're after are completely unoccupied. This applies to the AI too, which is why it's important to take a territory you're targeting first. If the attackers take even one barony, all that bonus score goes away. Also, if the attackers take every holding they're after, they start getting occupation warscore at the same rate for it, so it's doubly important to take the entire county if that's all you're after.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)