Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Civis

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

I have a CB on Sweden for something I don't recall for the monent. But to use that I'll either have to wait until my kids are grown up to marry relatives of the danish and norwegian royal houses or wait until I have money enough to pay a whole bunch of mercenaries. If the relatives in Denmark and Norway become allies who will join a war on my side I could maybe use them and pay some mercenaries as well. Or I'll become a vassal of Sweden and hopefully get granted the title Duke of Västergötland. It could maybe be possible to use that title and a fabricated de jure CB to take Halland and Skåne from Denmark. Västergötland has de jure on Viken (Norway) so I could maybe use that too.

But I don't really know if I as the Duke of Västergötland am able to use a de jure CB on counties belonging to another independent country. That would probably mean a war between Sweden and the other country and not a war between two Dukes.
    Last edited by Pethom; February 20, 2013 at 02:38 PM.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Factions are indeed sometimes crippling. They destroyed my first tries on the game too. But strangely, even though im the king of frisia now, I dont have any factions, and didnt have any when i was duke of flanders, so that 150y now. The HRE gets all the faction troubles, i constantly get messages "duke x left/joined faction". Im now eating all the duchies, and when i got the kingdom of lotharingen, im gonna go for independence, to disband the HRE, like napoleon 400y early :p Can you actually disband empires?
    You independence won't disband the empire. But it may be possible to disband the empire if you manage to usurp the title then chose to break the title. But at this point it would be better to keep the imperial title for you.

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Ah too bad. Ill gues ill have to reduce the HRE to a single county. My wife died, so my heir became duke of bavaria. Then i got the incapable trait out of grief, even though there was only 10% :p But it allowed me to unite bavaria with frisia. And my heir(now king) married the daughter of the queen of lotharingen. So in a few decades i have 50% of the HRE :p (would be earlier, but its only my second game)

Apparently the mongols arrived. Is there any way i can see/track them?
    When the Ilkhanate loses all its crap it continues to exist but without any land, like holy orders and merc bands. I'm certain that the other hordes do the same, but I'm not sure how it works for the HRE and Byzies. The Byzies can't exist if you want to form the Latin Empire, though.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    When the Ilkhanate loses all its crap it continues to exist but without any land, like holy orders and merc bands. I'm certain that the other hordes do the same, but I'm not sure how it works for the HRE and Byzies. The Byzies can't exist if you want to form the Latin Empire, though.
    And to track them, ledger can be your friend.

Although I am not sure it it shows landless nomads or not.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

If an empire or kingdom loses all of its counties (ie; a big rebellion and you snatch up the few counties that the emperor or king owns as well as the few loyal vassals) the title is destroyed.

Seeing Paradox's progress with CK2, I must say: It provides a perfect game for Sengoku Jidai civil war in Japan.

Taking and implementing all the features from Romance of the Three Kingdoms 1 and implementing them here, would make a win-win product and game. I would love to play as the last Han Emperor trying to restore authority.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Maybe you should play Sengoku if you want a Sengoku era game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Maybe you should play Sengoku if you want a Sengoku era game.
    Already playing it. It needs CK2's features to be playable enough, and CK2 is perfect for that era.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

CK2 features fit very well in a lot of eras, some of my particular interest, But I doubt I will ever see them get out of europe.

One day I might try to mod CK2 to fit my interests.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Already playing it. It needs CK2's features to be playable enough, and CK2 is perfect for that era.
    Isn't there a sengoku mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Isn't there a sengoku mod?
    None till yet.

I have plans to mod CK2 for:

Sengoku Jidai of Japan
    Three Kingdoms Era of China
    Mount & Blade map and factions and characters.

And maybe the Fall of Rome as well, because the Eastern Roman Empire/Byzantine Empire would have the full potential with their empire stretching from Danube to south Egypt/Nubia and their 300,000 army.

Quote Originally Posted by Pethom View Post
    But I don't really know if I as the Duke of Västergötland am able to use a de jure CB on counties belonging to another independent country. That would probably mean a war between Sweden and the other country and not a war between two Dukes.
    you alone would be at war with that whole country, your liege would have no part in it. one can not join ones vassals wars, i suppose that goes for the AI as well.
    if you do not have any allies and is a single county count, then my best advice is to exploit some one elses war and attack weakened opponents of your own size. Sweden and Denmark usually start holy wars and keeping an eye on the status of those might reveal a suitable candidate for your war.
    example; if Sweden wage holy war against a county in Finland and all the other Finns join in the deffence and is beaten. then you can "safely" declare your own holy war on one of them, if your levy is big enough for a siege.
    if you are really lucky the pope will grant you 200 cash for your effort against the heathens, that is enough to fund a mercenary army to take all of Finland and make you king. remember that you do not have to disband a mercenary army to declare war, just place them in a neighbouring county and attack befor the enemy get their allies mobilized.
    Finland is not well developed, but i believe that both Suomi and UUsima counties has cities at least. and afterall, it is the title that is the price.

you can do much the same in the baltic as well, but the opponents there are stronger with bigger levies - the risk is greater.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

My levy count reached 120,000 now. I have created an all-Cataphract army with a size of 5,000. Garrisoned in Egypt, it's work is to crush the rebels.

Works pretty much like Legions, albeit more loyal and centralised.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

The emperor still doesnt suspect anything, although he revoked the duchy of swabia (which was going to my wife normally):

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Next game gonna try to make italy. Anyone knows any good characters there (preferably counts)? I thought the count of parma but his liege has two duchies, making things a bit harder in trying to usurp.

Also, can you make republics your vassals? Would be awesome to include venice and genoa into an independent italy

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

None till yet.
    Found it!
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...tates-in-Japan!

one still can make republics vassals, after all Gotland start as a swedish vassal.

the Italian duchies is certain to revolt against HRE soon after campaignstart in 1066, usually it goes bad. the obvious option to grow is holy wars in Sicily which will make you a duke and independent from your former liege. i do not remember to which ducy Parma bellong, but fabricating claim within the same duchy while Sicily is being converted is the easy way to create a powerbase in Italy.
    Genoa is almost certain to invade Trapani, which will likely bring in Girgenti and possibly Tripolitana and/or Tunis. if Genoa is successful this might weaken the sunnis enough for invasion. the shia in Sicily will not interfere, but they will likely invade Apulia or even Girgenti.
    within this mess a small count can make his way.

i started as vassal of the Papacy and exploited the wars over Sicily in the manner described above. though it required a mercenary army that almost broke my back, quick assault on a few holdings saved me time and earned just enough cash to keep from bankrupcy.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

My levy count reached 120,000 now. I have created an all-Cataphract army with a size of 5,000. Garrisoned in Egypt, it's work is to crush the rebels.

Works pretty much like Legions, albeit more loyal and centralised.
    Using Retinues for rebel hunting is a terrible idea, that's what vassals are for.

Exactly. Two independence movements? Use one to destroy the other. So on and so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the cat View Post
    Although I cannot see it, till yet I was unknown of any such things!

Now my hopes for a Sengoku II have risen.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Anybody know a quick way to control the spread of Catholicism after the schism is mended? That is another problem behind my empire is that the Catholics have pretty much been allowed to go unwatched and now they're usually the ones behind my rebellions.