Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Double A's Avatar person man

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Border Patrol View Post
    There's two schools of thought here, one being that you should destroy all duchies, and the other that you should hold your two and keep a few vassal dukes underneath you. By virtue of there being differing opinions, we can assume it's safe to go about doing either.

Do whatever you think would be more fun!
    Going through all that is a pain. It's easiest to have kings out on your frontiers and just keep them ridiculously happy and a bunch of dukes (and counts, whenever possible) in your homelands who you don't have to give a crap about because they're right next to you.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

I've decided to let the duchies be. I give them to my heir when my demesne grows too big.

I've invaded wales by a claim of a cousin, and then revoked his title, and gave the duchy to my heir. So now i create the kingdom of wales so i can press some more de jure claims.

How do you guys deal with factions in your realm? i've go two now, one for lower crown authority, and one to install my brother. and they seem to be growing...

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    How do you guys deal with factions in your realm? i've go two now, one for lower crown authority, and one to install my brother. and they seem to be growing...
    Best way is to keep high relations with your vassals. This prevents them from joining or starting any faction.

Another thing is, murder the faction leaders and members. When you do that, there is a chance that faction will completely disband.

Third thing is to keep a large loyal army with you, so that when the factions finally rebel they will not win so easily.

Personally, I get factions very frequently, especially for installing my brothers or gaining independence. I keep a reserve of gold for hiring mercenaries to help me out. And I also avoid giving titles to my brothers, because they tend to start factions to install themselves on my throne.

Most of the time, I let the factions rebel, and then defeat them in battle and imprison the members. If you keep crushing faction rebels, your vassals will get scared and will not join factions so easily in the future.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

And if they're imprisoned, they can't do anything at all.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

Keeping good relations is difficult when imprisoning people :p

At what percentage should i start to worry really?

It doesn't matter if you have good relations. They're imprisoned. That makes them your .

So I just got the Republic. As a side perk, I also purchased their Russian and Mediterranean face packs.

By God, those faces are horrible most of the times! At least they made it up by offering me the Republic.

Currently trying to gather up money to create a trade post in Constantinople. The Roman capital is a cash cow, really. One who traders there is the richest man on the land.

I didn't buy the Mediterranean face pack, it makes Italian merchants look like bloody Phoenicians or Carthaginians.

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    It doesn't matter if you have good relations. They're imprisoned. That makes them your .
    True :p
    Still a lot of vassals are unhappy, and holing too many duchies is only -10. so i dont know whereit comes from. Seems a lot of my traits has to do with it (like cynical vs zealous)

So what is the optimal strategy for handing out land? I now give the major part to my heir. Although he is starting to dislike me too. and has even starting plotting. I guess you want lots of vassals who only hold one county, right? And what to do with the duchies? (for the guy who want to hold on to them, cause destroying them costs a lot of prestige it seems)

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Personally? I give the duchies to the weakest lord in the jurisdiction. Play them against each other, and they will have less energy to scheme against you.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

If I can help it, I never give anyone half a duchy, unless it's a two-province duchy. Then I give both counties to the same person, otherwise they'll eventually get in a war that will absolutely never end.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    I didn't buy the Mediterranean face pack, it makes Italian merchants look like bloody Phoenicians or Carthaginians.
    I never buy any DLC that changes textures in a paradox game.

Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrór View Post
    Same.
    I think I will do the same from now on.

Is it normal that dkes/duchess go on crusade without your permission? cause i had a succesion, and i rearranged the county's and duchies, and suddenly i get a message a duchess joins on crusade.

did i do something wrong :p

I would upload a savegame if i knew how :p

EDIT: to complete mine and maximus suqetions, i have medium CA
    Last edited by eXistenZ; January 17, 2013 at 02:43 PM.

I have a similar question. How does the king of Jerusalem (my vassal, I am the Roman Emperor) keeps declaring wars upon his neighbours and brings in unnecessary and unwanted territories, even when I have MAX crown authority?

Because you aren't murdering him enough.

Or because there aren't any crown laws in the Arabic Empire.

That's true. The crown laws of Arabia apply in Jerusalem.

There isn't anything like Arabian Empire. From time to time the Fatimids nearly formed it, taking nearly everything up to Morocco. And each time, I defeated them. Finally I took Egypt from them , and now they are reduced to a minor county somewhere in the desert.

So in other words, I will have to wait 200 years: a hundred for Egypt to get Cyrenaica as de jure, and same for Jerusalem to get Antioch, Tripoli, Aleppo and Edessa. And a hundred more for these full kingdoms to get into the Byzantine Empire.

The land is de jure Arabia. That's your entire problem. Crown laws are by the de jure area when the vassal controlling it isn't de jure yours (so if he was also the king of Sicily and that was his primary title, he'd be acting normal).