Page 18 of 313 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368118 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    I am pretty sure succession laws are in fact determined by three law terms, not just one.
    Two.

First is related to what kind of person could succeed like men only man first and women only if no male heir equal succession and open for republics.

The 2nd determines the path of the line. Seniority which is oldest dynasty member gavelkind which is equal split between eligible heirs etc.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Oh I see... yeah I understand. It just happened to me a second time because now it's the Golden Horde which are invading.

HAHA I just checked on the mongol hordes in the Far East. Apparently I control them under the flag of Denmark, LOL. I have 40k soldiers which has been sitting in Persia doing nothing for at least 20 years, and I just got control of 20k more troops from the Golden Horde in Kazakstan, nice...

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    Doesn't the demo stop at 1086? Why would the Mongols show up that early?
    I have the full game
    Last edited by Nutsack; February 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutsack View Post
    Oh I see... yeah I understand. It just happened to me a second time because now it's the Golden Horde which are invading.

I have the full game
    Well it's just an extended demo and it will probably be fixed in the release version tomorrow.

I don't think the demo is even the release version

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    I don't think the demo is even the release version
    Yeah, I would doubt it

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

No guys, I have the full game. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure this isn't the extended demo?

I thought that in the extended demo you could only begin in 1066. I begun my present campaign in 1204 I think? The "Hundred Years War" campaign which begins approximately two centuries after 1066. I think this is the full game, yes?

Either way, I think I discovered another bug. If you give land titles to your son, who isn't married, then he won't marry by himself. And you can't marry him with anyone else than your courtiers. This is stupid, either way I was lucky one of my sons had two children, which is now next in line.

Is this a bug for real or are my two sons just complete dumbasses for being 50+ and no children?

EDIT: No, this is confirmed a bug (by me). One of my kinsen is 44+ and still "bethrothed", LOL. Apparently you can't have kids if you are "betrothed", and AI can't go from betrothed to marry by itself, a player has to be involved, or something. It's a bug which is hard for me to explain.

EDIT2: Does anyone know if you can change the holding of a demense? Like instead of a city being the capital of Sjaelland, what if I wanted it to be a castle? Impossible? thx
    Last edited by Nutsack; February 13, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

No guys, I have the full game. I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure this isn't the extended demo?

I thought that in the extended demo you could only begin in 1066. I begun my present campaign in 1204 I think? The "Hundred Years War" campaign which begins approximately two centuries after 1066. I think this is the full game, yes?

Either way, I think I discovered another bug. If you give land titles to your son, who isn't married, then he won't marry by himself. And you can't marry him with anyone else than your courtiers. This is stupid, either way I was lucky one of my sons had two children, which is now next in line.

Is this a bug for real or are my two sons just complete dumbasses for being 50+ and no children?

EDIT: No, this is confirmed a bug (by me). One of my kinsen is 44+ and still "bethrothed", LOL. Apparently you can't have kids if you are "betrothed", and AI can't go from betrothed to marry by itself, a player has to be involved, or something. It's a bug which is hard for me to explain.

EDIT2: Does anyone know if you can change the holding of a demense? Like instead of a city being the capital of Sjaelland, what if I wanted it to be a castle? Impossible? thx
    Thats not a bug, its part of the game. You have to arrange the marraige yourself.

Well how the hell did you get the game? And are you sure that it's not a preview version? Since there were plenty of those floating around and the developers have acknowledged the mongol money bug which should be fixed before release.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

CK2 is listed as version 1.02b on GamersGate already, by the way. How much polish does a version change of .02b represent, I wonder?

Gah, in Germany it's the 14th since over an hour, gimme my download!
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

Just bought it.

I hope it's not TOO distant from EU3's gameplay ( which I liked), as I recall sucking extremely hard at the original Crusader Kings. Though I was a lot more action oriented back then , read that as "didn't have any patience at all"
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Quote Originally Posted by Manco View Post
    Just bought it.

I hope it's not TOO distant from EU3's gameplay ( which I liked), as I recall sucking extremely hard at the original Crusader Kings. Though I was a lot more action oriented back then , read that as "didn't have any patience at all"
    It's quite distant from EU3, however I think the tutorials is quite good in this game and otherwise there are dozens of hours of gameplay out on Youtube.

Oh well, I'l deal with it. It's not like anyone will actually SEE me fail horribly

And I just found out in the demo that my hometown is in. Which is pretty cool.

So who are you going to play when it comes out? I'm not really sure but it's leaning towards playing as the direct descendant of Charlemagne who is the Count of Vermandois and restore the dynasty to glory.

Probably the count of Flanders, who apparently changed into a Duke for the game. Probably due to gamemechanics as the game seems to use a fixed hierarchy of titles, meaning that a count in-game is always lower than a duke, even if IRL he was actually a count but easily the equivalent of a duke.

I try and keep my inner nationalist drugged and sedated, but he always comes out in games.

Probably the count of Flanders, who apparently changed into a Duke for the game. Probably due to gamemechanics as the game seems to use a fixed hierarchy of titles, meaning that a count in-game is always lower than a duke, even if IRL he was actually a count but easily the equivalent of a duke.

I try and keep my inner nationalist drugged and sedated, but he always comes out in games.
    I have a hard time playing Sweden in these games, since it's so dirt poor and generally useless.

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

Probably the count of Flanders, who apparently changed into a Duke for the game.
    I was a little disappointed about that too.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

It could do with more and clearer map views. In particular it's hard to see which Duchy is which as the colours are very similar. Likewise with the various factions in the HRE. Also more information windows would be useful, particularly on finance, and ledger pages which gave more details about your vassals (troop strength, income, wealth and other attributes). There is one page for your vassals but the stuff on it is pretty limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Søren View Post
    It could do with more and clearer map views. In particular it's hard to see which Duchy is which as the colours are very similar. Likewise with the various factions in the HRE. Also more information windows would be useful, particularly on finance, and ledger pages which gave more details about your vassals (troop strength, income, wealth and other attributes). There is one page for your vassals but the stuff on it is pretty limited.
    Yes, I agree. When I first downloaded the demo, I kept scrolling through the tabs trying to find the finance page, and then I realized that there wasn't one.

Yeah, I would doubt it
    The problem with the Khans as was mentioned with a earlier bug that has since been resolved.

CK2 is listed as version 1.02b on GamersGate already,
    Good hopefully the final bugs have been fixed.

CK1 was hard especially since you had to pay for your vassals units when you raised them. This game is far more friendly.

So who are you going to play when it comes out? I'm not really sure but it's leaning towards playing as the direct descendant of Charlemagne who is the Count of Vermandois and restore the dynasty to glory.
    I havn't tried playing them in a while but IIRC they are unplayable. Before their capital was a bishophic which means you couldn't pick them. Maybe its different now idk havn't checked

There are numerous dynasties descended from Charlemagne in germany and france. Or descended from Pepin. Chautenois i think is one.
    I have a hard time playing Sweden in these games, since it's so dirt poor and generally useless.
    I find it interesting to play as novgorod and "holy war" all the finland territory and form the kingdom of finland. It would be a good platform to jump to take over sweden as well.

I was a little disappointed about that too.
    Its a requirement for the game to work properly.

In particular it's hard to see which Duchy is which as the colours are very similar.
    This is particularly annoying. Especially in Germany.

Yes, I agree. When I first downloaded the demo
    Demo is an early game version. There is a finance page.
    Last edited by Kanaric; February 13, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Demo is an early game version. There is a finance page.
    Really? Awesome news if true.