Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    He is the first son your daughters got. This puts him and his mom ahead of the oldest daughter in the inheritance I believe.
    But shouldn't my eldest daughter's son get the titles? It went to my second daughter's son, even though she was not supposed to inherit anything. Also, how did my titles get split between my heirs if I have primogeniture?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Can anybody tell me why my plot members keep revealing the plots when 'drunk'? This mechanism was much better in Sengoku.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Indefinitely Banned

I'm getting tired of playing small duchies and counties. I have a duchy of Britanny game going on, and I don't see a bright future for my little realm. France itself hasn't been a problem, but the HRE has brought it's 10k army stack to push a claim on half of their kingdom, and my own realm hasn't become any bigger at all (I don't like to go fabricate claims all that much.), so I am probably soon on the list of places for the HRE to eat.

I need to start a new game as a kingdom, or a duchy that can easily become a kingdom. Maybe France, Denmark or Poland should do.

County of Beersheb ----- duchy of Sinai/Ascalon ----- King of Jeusalem/Cyprus/Syria.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    I'm getting tired of playing small duchies and counties. I have a duchy of Britanny game going on, and I don't see a bright future for my little realm. France itself hasn't been a problem, but the HRE has brought it's 10k army stack to push a claim on half of their kingdom, and my own realm hasn't become any bigger at all (I don't like to go fabricate claims all that much.), so I am probably soon on the list of places for the HRE to eat.

I need to start a new game as a kingdom, or a duchy that can easily become a kingdom. Maybe France, Denmark or Poland should do.
    Play Castille, Leon or Galicia. They are fun to play, but sometimes very hard due to the Muslim neighbours and their Jihads. Allying with France will get your

Or try to play HRE, it is very fun once you get hold of the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko View Post
    But shouldn't my eldest daughter's son get the titles? It went to my second daughter's son, even though she was not supposed to inherit anything. Also, how did my titles get split between my heirs if I have primogeniture?
    God only knows. And perhaps Paradox, but I doubt it!
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    God only knows. And perhaps Paradox, but I doubt it!
    A game bug perhaps...

Double A's Avatar person man

Fabbing claims is pretty much the only way to expand when you have a small country and smaller dynasty. Either get over it and use it, or marry Matilda of Tuscany.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I can't remember which law but one of them has a rule that the eldest daughter with a son, comes before the eldest daughter without. It says it in one of the game tips that come up while the game is loading, that's where I read it.

Also it sounds like you had one of those "Loss of Titles on Succession" warning messages at the top of your screen and never realised it

Bohemia inside HRE can easily be made a kingdom.

also Sicilly is an easy kingdom if you are able to wage holy war with support of an ally or start as the Kalbid dynasty. main danger is Byzantine re-conquest.
    Finland is also quite easy to create if you wage holy wars, but perhaps it require you being northern-germanic.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Double A's Avatar person man

Trinacria and Cyprus are incredibly easy to make, but you don't get any de jure claims.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Cannot make trinacria any more.

Kingdom of Cyprus can be created in the game?! Oh God, I am immediately off to form it!

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Kingdom of Cyprus can be created in the game?! Oh God, I am immediately off to form it!
    Same

Indefinitely Banned

Started out as Rostov. I have so far neutralised the threat of Bjarmia and Samoyedis through holy war. So I guess next I should find a way to attack other Rus states without everyone else joining my target.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    I can't remember which law but one of them has a rule that the eldest daughter with a son, comes before the eldest daughter without. It says it in one of the game tips that come up while the game is loading, that's where I read it.

Also it sounds like you had one of those "Loss of Titles on Succession" warning messages at the top of your screen and never realised it
    I actually did realize it. It said that I was gonna lose all my landed titles, and yet when my king died I didn't lose them but I did lose my kingdom titles. And besides, my oldest daughter had a son of her own, and yet the heirs were the oldest daughter and the second daughter's son.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

I actually did realize it. It said that I was gonna lose all my landed titles, and yet when my king died I didn't lose them but I did lose my kingdom titles. And besides, my oldest daughter had a son of her own, and yet the heirs were the oldest daughter and the second daughter's son.

I don't really know mate. Random like that happens in the game the whole time. The game obviously has a reason for it but it's hard for the player to actually make out why.

A friend of mine had a game where he diplomatically managed to get his son and heir to marry the Queen of Castille and the children would be of his dynasty. But then randomly at some point, his heir changed to his son who was born second. He got so pissed off that he spent the rest of the day writing out the family tree on a sheet of paper until he found out how it happened. My point is that's basically the only way you can find out what's going on

(Although in the case of my friend, I think it had something to do with his heir having a higher title than he did so the inheritance of the lesser title passes to the next son)

In reality, soldier quality would mean something. But in this game, only numbers matter.
    that is quite wrong. i have times seen my stack at double the amount of soldiers being reduced to nothing.
    given that amphipious assault and terrain might have played into the equation, yet it seems that 10k should defeat 5k if only numbers count.
    in my current campaign i saw with horror how my Polish ally were defeated by Cumans 23k-10k, soldier quality must have weighted plenty on Cumans behalf.

obviously two armies from same realm and/or culture might have no real advantage over each other than numbers and commander skills.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

That rarely happens to me. It's usually numbers > troop quality.

Indefinitely Banned

I lost a battle against Seljuks as Byzantine empire, even though I had clear terrain advantage and superior numbers.