Thread: Crusader Kings 2

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    Because if you tell me what I meant when I meant something else, that actually works and makes you right. You have no idea what I said, and that's probably my fault, but don't stuff words in my mouth.

Now, I have no idea what you yourself mean, so am unable to clarify. So herp derp.
    It's quiet simple mate. You said you were playing as the Duke of Ulster, but there is none. Someone else said that the only Duke in Ireland is the Duke of Munster, which it isn't, there is also the Duke of Connacht, which you said you meant but never said.

So either you were playing as the Duke of Connacht or the Earl of Ulster, neither of which you said so herp derp.

Hardly worth getting into an arguement over

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

What is the best faction to unite Wales when starting in 1066?

Duke of Deuherbarth may be full of potential but is very weak and old. Count of Glamorgan is also weak in levy numbers. Count of Gwent has very good potential, but gets invaded by whoever is the king of England.

In the north, there is the already powerful duke of Gwynedd but he also gets invaded by the English lords. The only count under it is weak but rebellious.

In my opinion, count of Gwent is the best. I had played him and managed to become duke of Deuherbarth and take Powys from the duke of Gwynedd.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

i would think that the duke of Gwynedd could revoke his ony vassal, the count of Perfeddwlad. that would make him more powerfull against the other welsh lords, but hardly help against England.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    i would think that the duke of Gwynedd could revoke his ony vassal, the count of Perfeddwlad. that would make him more powerfull against the other welsh lords, but hardly help against England.
    Even if the whole of Wales is united, it would hardly help against England.

a heavy duty alliance would be needed, preferably HRE or France.
    i think the danish king Svend also has claim on England, but do not know if he can be gauded into pressing his claim. basically anything to disrupt England.
    or joining England and plot to accuire Wales and the surrounding area, then gain independece and take bits of England with you.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Double A's Avatar person man

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    It's quiet simple mate. You said you were playing as the Duke of Ulster, but there is none. Someone else said that the only Duke in Ireland is the Duke of Munster, which it isn't, there is also the Duke of Connacht, which you said you meant but never said.

So either you were playing as the Duke of Connacht or the Earl of Ulster, neither of which you said so herp derp.

Hardly worth getting into an arguement over
    I never said anything of the sort. I said play as Ulster, and that there's no duke of Ulster. That would only mean "play as the Duke of Ulster" if this was opposite day. In an alternate reality. I also said that Ulster is harder than the Irish dukes. Dukes means all of them. I don't have to mention Connacht by name if I use such an inclusive term.

This was totally worth getting into an argument over because [insert TOS violation here].
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I never said anything of the sort. I said play as Ulster, and that there's no duke of Ulster. That would only mean "play as the Duke of Ulster" if this was opposite day. In an alternate reality. I also said that Ulster is harder than the Irish dukes. Dukes means all of them. I don't have to mention Connacht by name if I use such an inclusive term.

This was totally worth getting into an argument over because [insert TOS violation here].
    Well you know what? I didn't read any of your posts before the last page so therefore you're wrong and I'm right.

Muhahahahahahahaha......hahahaha.......ha......ha......haha......ha........

i wonder how much foucus people put on breeding?
    and if so which traits you prefer?

when conquering Scotland i came across a count that had such good stats i just had to hire him for chancellor, i also made him duke to please him.
    a generation or so later i marry my heir to a Scottish genious that also has plenty other good traits. and what do you know, her father turns out to be my chosen chancellor - son of the prevoious one. seems that good genes has stuck around in that family for generations.

what do you think count the most guardian or genes?
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Guardian, but genius is nice to have regardless.

Well you know what? I didn't read any of your posts before the last page so therefore you're wrong and I'm right.

Muhahahahahahahaha......hahahaha.......ha......ha......haha......ha........
    You activated my trap card, Yugi! Now your life points are MINE!
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)

So are the non cosmetic DLC's worth it? I have Sword of Islam already and thought it was ok....

Probably best starting out as a Irish count, they seem to be the easiest, most interesting game for a newbie.

And ironically, there is a Game of Thrones mod. And this game is perfect for it

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ame-of-Thrones
    Is Connacht good?
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

God damned Gamersgate. Had vanilla CKII on sale for $10 yesterday(cheap enough to make me consider it) but because they ed up the price of some stupid Bethesda package the site was mobbed and unusable yesterday. They have the collection half off today but that's much more than I was willing to spend for this game, especially considering I have zero interest in the sprite packs or music.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

a heavy duty alliance would be needed, preferably HRE or France.
    i think the danish king Svend also has claim on England, but do not know if he can be gauded into pressing his claim. basically anything to disrupt England.
    or joining England and plot to accuire Wales and the surrounding area, then gain independece and take bits of England with you.
    Any threats from the Irish or Scots? Irish won't be united for much of the game, but Scots have the capability to attack and defeat England itself (with a large tedious scramble, and luck), and they can certainly take Wales.

Taking away bits of England means many decades of de jure wars.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Is Connacht good?
    No. It's two counties. The count could usurp your title if you don't attack him real quick.

Just be Ulster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    God damned Gamersgate. Had vanilla CKII on sale for $10 yesterday(cheap enough to make me consider it) but because they ed up the price of some stupid Bethesda package the site was mobbed and unusable yesterday. They have the collection half off today but that's much more than I was willing to spend for this game, especially considering I have zero interest in the sprite packs or music.
    Steam had everything 75% off the other day and will probably do so again later this week.

If you don't like Steam, I don't care. I'm just telling your other option.

Any Irish count is good. They are all an easy-ride. My favourite is the province of Dublin, simply because its population is norwegian.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

independent lesser nobles, like barons or mayors, has anyone encountered such?

yesterday i pressed de jure claim on some Walli within my own realm. i declared war on him personally as he did not have any liege...
    i suppose it must have been a remnant of a former realm that was defeated. i guess that since his holding were within a foreign realm(mine), outside his former lieges de jure realm, he became auto independent when his liege were defeated.

i am a bit annoyed of how lands are distributed between different crowns and that there is no way to re-organize. in my campaign, for some reasson duchy Porto belong to kingdom of Sicilly and duchy Galicia to kingdom England. i would think that all lands outside existing de jure kingdoms ought to belong to my main title, the Empire Britannia, or at least not a secondary or tertiary crown i hold.
    the strange part is that i did not hold neither Porto nor Galicia until i inherited crown of England, so i do not understand how the duchies were distributed diferently.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

The queen of Scotland in my Ireland game somehow acquired a Templar castle in Jerusalem, which I owned. After I took away her other holdings, she was independent because she had something like -700 relations with me. I let her keep it because I thought it was funny.

The queen of Scotland in my Ireland game somehow acquired a Templar castle in Jerusalem, which I owned. After I took away her other holdings, she was independent because she had something like -700 relations with me. I let her keep it because I thought it was funny.
    You should have tortured her...

But what of the Templars?

give holy orders a holding in your realm and they become your vassal.
    not sure if it can be done with ordinary mercenary bands, but it might.

just noticed that i can apoint a "court dwarf" and it give relation bonus. for real...?
    Last edited by absinthia; December 23, 2012 at 09:50 AM.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    You should have tortured her...

But what of the Templars?
    They're still independent and stuff.

give holy orders a holding in your realm and they become your vassal.
    not sure if it can be done with ordinary mercenary bands, but it might.

just noticed that i can apoint a "court dwarf" and it give relation bonus. for real...?
    It was one of those "We'll protect you from Muslims if you give us an undeveloped holding" castles. They weren't her vassal, and it was directly hers.