Page 312 of 313 FirstFirst ... 212262287302303304305306307308309310311312313 LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 6248

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

After years of dlc that were at best just buggy, unfinished, at worst unncecessary overpriced rip offs, the latest expansion looks pretty neat.

What is it about? I haven't played in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    What is it about? I haven't played in over a year.
    https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Holy_Fury

More importantly in the free update released alongside Holy Fury they are updating the Crusade mechanic.
    https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ls-it.1097740/

I'll have to look up the details of the new crusade system. Not sure if I'll play this in the next months anyway.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Still cannot play as Grand Master after 15th DLC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default Crusader Kings 2

...And? Why would you want to play as a medieval banking organisation?
    Last edited by Gandalfus; July 12, 2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    ...And? Why would you want to play as a medieval banking organisation?
    Historically it was Medieval banking organizations that made Crusader states a reality. Without the financial investment of Italian states, donation of Church and profit from (religious) tourism, Crusader states would never able to build and maintain multiple fortifications and a fleet which forced Muslim using costly human wave strategy.
    Last edited by hellheaven1987; July 12, 2018 at 10:39 AM.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Historically it was Medieval banking organizations that made Crusader states a reality. Without the financial investment of Italian states, donation of Church and profit from (religious) tourism, Crusader states would never able to build and maintain multiple fortifications and a fleet which forced Muslim using costly human wave strategy.
    Never in dispute, but doesn’t really lend itself to the dynastic mechanics of the game. Tends to focus on the anachronism of dynasties rather than anything else. If they were going to make the Templars playable they’d have to expand their role greatly in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalfus View Post
    If they were going to make the Templars playable they’d have to expand their role greatly in game.
    They probably have to build up how theocracy works, although Pope probably is still a locked feature.

Gave a shot to Jade Dragon but it doesn't seem to affect the game at all in Western Europe, though I understand the limitations that could cause adding the map of China.

I'm going to try one with the Karen and see what changes one you are in Central Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Gave a shot to Jade Dragon but it doesn't seem to affect the game at all in Western Europe, though I understand the limitations that could cause adding the map of China.
    I havrn't played in Europe much since Jade Dragon

Did you change the settings in the game rules?

Change Chinese interactions from "Within Range"to "Anyone"
    Also Diplomatic Range to off

I noticed that later. Oooops

I'm looking forward the next improvement of the crusades system anyway. It's overdue.

The only thing I liked about Jade Dragon were the Chinese siege leaders, to be honest. Other than that I don't see the appeal, but playing in Asia never appealed to me. I hope the Crusade expansion is good.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Still cannot play as Grand Master after 15th DLC.
    You can play as Grandmaster; use command console
    Its an interesting game play; you get your holy order troops without having to pay maintenance.
    Last edited by Stario; August 10, 2018 at 09:04 AM.

Expansion will be out November 13th (two days before my bday..yay), this looks like the ultimate CK II expansion. Just look at the dev diaries. Clearly looks like they will be finished with CK II after that. Things like coronation/ more interaction with religious leaders, blood lines, more duel RP, crusade rework have been things that were high on my wish list for a long time. https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Holy_Fury
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; October 21, 2018 at 09:45 AM.

Haven't played regularly in over a year. I tested the Chinese expansion, but unless you use central Asian factions, it's kind of irrelevant. It's not a bad addition though. I was waiting for this one to make the ultimate Byzantium to Rome campaign. Overall, I rank this game among the best I have ever played. Devs listen to the fanbase, they put a ton of effort in historical research, the graphics are great, the game is smooth, so you can't really be too mad about them milking your pockets. I'll probably get it around Christmas with a discount.

This is probably the only game you will ever play where everything can go wrong and your game comes to an abrupt end and you love it more.

Not a total HRE revamp, but a massive improvement.

Very big fan of the changes made here.

Oooh love the Byzantium revamp.

Crusader Kings II is now on Humble Bundle with great discount!

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/c...kings-2-bundle