Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

You can have as many as you want I think, just that de jure vassals will want the title.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

How often do you guys get assassinated? I have a bunch of vassals hating me, practically the entire Middle-Eastern kingdoms in my restored Roman Empire, both them and their vassals have almost -100 relations with me, yet I am not getting any assassinations.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Indefinitely Banned

Is this game better than Rome 2.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    How often do you guys get assassinated? I have a bunch of vassals hating me, practically the entire Middle-Eastern kingdoms in my restored Roman Empire, both them and their vassals have almost -100 relations with me, yet I am not getting any assassinations.
    I usually only get assassinated with my first characters within the first year or two before they can shore up vassal relations and claims. That and after failed assassinations of my own. Though my current character has plot assassinated two entire families to the point of putting my children in the thrones and no known retaliations after dozens of drunk plotters and being found to have murdered them. Having 18 intrigue and a 22 intrigue spymaster who's very happy with me might help though.

Random question, if Norse winds up outside of Scandinavia what will they wind up as? Like half of England is norse now in my game will they become English or Norman or just perpetually Norse? I'm guessing anywhere in France (maybe any Latin culture like Italian?) Will become Norman, but what about elsewhere?
    Last edited by Ulyaoth; March 01, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John ''True Grit'' Wayne View Post
    Depends upon what you are expecting from it. This game doesn't have the real-time battles, but instead models medieval Europe and surrounding area with a great deal of historical accuracy. It is about feudal politics and dynastic struggles, intrigues, and character management and interaction from any year starting from 867 AD to 1453 AD.

Warfare is there, of course, and with much more realistic army numbers. Just not as detailed as Total War, because this game is a kind of 'campaign' game in TW terms. And it does a immensely grand job at this. Not to mention there are few bugs in CK2.

So overall, yeah, it is far better than Rome II,

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    Random question, if Norse winds up outside of Scandinavia what will they wind up as? Like half of England is norse now in my game will they become English or Norman or just perpetually Norse? I'm guessing anywhere in France (maybe any Latin culture like Italian?) Will become Norman, but what about elsewhere?
    It remainds Norse; Norman is different culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by John ''True Grit'' Wayne View Post
    You're asking the wrong questions.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    According to theoldgods_culture_conversion.txt (i think that's the file name, not about to go back and check, ahem), Norse culture changing to danish/swedish/norwegian/norman is dependent on the local kingdom (for the first three; if a province is legally part of the kingdom of sweden the province/character culture change is to swedish) or in the case of normans, dependent on the province's culture (in that case, breton, occitan, or frankish).

Since there's no provision for K_england or province culture being saxon, scottish, irish, or welsh, hypothetical norse rulers in those areas won't experience culture change events akin to the ones in scandinavia or france.

CK2+ does add "Gallawa" for scottish (or maybe all celtic provinces) provinces norse rulers control, and Anglo-Norse or Anglo-Norwegian for provinces which are either in k_england or are saxon, though.
    (it also does wacky stuff with the kingdom of england title too, apparently there are actually three in-game, representing whether a scandinavian, saxon, or norman/maybe all "french" cultures ruler controls england)

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

I got assassinated by my son/heir in my zoroastrian nk playthrough, but understandable when you're being a tyrant. I was already 70+, and it allowed me to wage some more war without waiting for truces. A bit dissapointed i havent got any inbreds yet, even with +25% fertility

But yeah, in normal playthroughs there is a distinct lack of plots aimed at you. you're constantly buggered with the plots of your vassals though

Inbreed trait is nerfed for Zoroastrian since they all love inbreeding (damned it), but lunatic trait is increased.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I've got 2 tests and 2 assignments to hand up in the next week. I've a project do to for the end of next week and another in a months time. In two months I start my end of year exams and what do I do?.....

Buy 4GB and a Samsung Evo 840 Solid State Drive to speed up my games in CK2. God I love this game.

My game as a Polish custom designed dynasty is sort of running out of steam. Hopefully making the game run a bit faster will breath some life back into it but I also found that I can't convert it to EUIV as I'd been planning because of the mods I'm playing.

I managed to win back some of my dynasties ancestral lands and am now a Polish duke once more. However, I don't have the ability or resources to claim the Polish throne so instead I'm just watching the kingdom being eating up province by province by the Pagan kingdoms that surround us. Basically the Polish king will declare some pointless offensive war and then one of the Pagan kingdoms just comes in and declares holy war and takes a province and we lose both wars.

He even tried to press a claim for one county in Hungary, the only kingdom that has helped us against the pagans. I raised my levies and helped him defeat their army but instead of pushing on and winning the war quickly, he just sat back and started sieging the province he was claiming. I couldn't defeat their army on my own so I disbanded my levies and he eventually lost that war but not before a Czech tribe declared holy war and marched 10,000 troops in and took another province from us.

What I'm basically getting at is what do you guys usually do in this situation? Is there any point playing on and waiting till holy orders arrive or is it a lost cause.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    I got assassinated by my son/heir in my zoroastrian nk playthrough, but understandable when you're being a tyrant. I was already 70+, and it allowed me to wage some more war without waiting for truces. A bit dissapointed i havent got any inbreds yet, even with +25% fertility

But yeah, in normal playthroughs there is a distinct lack of plots aimed at you. you're constantly buggered with the plots of your vassals though
    Well, there's enough plots aimed at me, thankfully no assassination plots.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Well first jew try failed when i got smashed by both hungary and religious rebels at the same time.

According to yesterdays dev dairy about india expansion, there will be another jew character in nubia region

Jews are not fun to play anyway; their religion lacks unique ability that makes it attractive.

I'm suddenly looking forward to the Rajas thing after looking at the dev diaries. As long as they change a lot of mechanics so that you really don't deal with them unless you border them, they shouldn't affect the game directly hopefully, just indirectly through making the middle east more realistic. Might try a zoroastrian game after the patch.

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

I'm just going to drop this off here:

Hex has recently given permission to create an experimental CK2 subforum that works similarly to the Rome 2 and Shogun 2 subforums. Given this, we are currently recruiting modders, tech support, guide writers, modding help, mod tool creators, etc. Mod teams will also be able to get their own special team subforums to develop mods. If you are interested in getting this jump-started, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    I'm just going to drop this off here:

Hex has recently given permission to create an experimental CK2 subforum that works similarly to the Rome 2 and Shogun 2 subforums. Given this, we are currently recruiting modders, tech support, guide writers, modding help, mod tool creators, etc. Mod teams will also be able to get their own special team subforums to develop mods. If you are interested in getting this jump-started, please let me know.
    I can sign up as a volunteer guide writer. Not only for CK2 but for EU3/EU4 and Vicky2 as well.

I have little to none experience in playing eastern European countries in any game, for the note. Never liked the area, never played it.

Wonderful. For all those willing to help, please request to join the development group (click):

Quote Originally Posted by Diamat View Post
    Wonderful. For all those willing to help, please request to join the development group (click):
    That's the problem with me. I cannot join social groups until at least mid-May. Would it be possible for me to join up later if the group still exists by that time?

Or at least, am I allowed to write completely unofficial, freelancer guides if the new forum is created until I join up?

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    That's the problem with me. I cannot join social groups until at least mid-May. Would it be possible for me to join up later if the group still exists by that time?

Or at least, am I allowed to write completely unofficial, freelancer guides if the new forum is created until I join up?
    No problem. Go ahead and write. The group just helps me keep track of everything, keeping things organized (the German side in me).