Thread: Crusader Kings 2

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    HRE isn't stable really, they lose Bohemia and german minors all the time.
    In my games they always seem to grow, often takes the south of france. You sometimes have independence struggles (from bohemia too), but they are never succesfull. cause they are never coordinated

I guess i could use my spymaster to force them into a faction, but untill now my council is pretty crappy, compared to what i had in Frisia
    Last edited by eXistenZ; February 24, 2013 at 06:52 AM.

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ever since this retarded 'factions' system of was introduced in the game, they are hardly ever stable. I have not seen them out of civil wars even for a single year.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Really? In my game they had a single independence war like 100 years ago when the king of Lotharingia tried to go independent.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I generally see every state go through a succession crisis every 100 years at least.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

That just for some reason reminded me of something. While France was in a succession crisis, somehow a little bit after the king won and reincorporated most of the independent duchies, the duke of Gascogne somehow became my vassal, after it was reincorporated into France. I didn't inherit it, the guy wasn't my vassal previously, I guess the only thing I can think of is a vassal installed him on the throne and that made him a vassal for me. Seem likely? I just got a notice while in my other wars all the sudden that I had a dangerous independence faction with him and my uncle.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    While France was in a succession crisis ... the duke of Gascogne somehow became my vassal, after it was reincorporated into France.
    Something strange happened to me too while playing as the count of Dal having the Duke of Västergötland as my leader's liege. I suddenly got an event message stating: "Duke Björn I of Västergötland has usurped the title Duchy of Västergötland and County of Västergötland from Duke Eskil I of Bergslagen".

I have no idea how that happened. The only reason could maybe be the fact that during a civil war between Duke Eskil I and the swedish King, Björns father chosed to become vassal of the King instead of Eskil I. And this event was some kind of reward from the King.

Something similar had happened when I was playing the count of Galatia. A dude named Nikephoros VII was my liege, but somehow his title was usurped by a new dude named Diogenes IV. There was no civil war at all, though. I am still confused as to how he could get away with the lands without a fight.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Imperium Romanum so far. Guess who my biggest rival is.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The world at large, not much going on in the west.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

It has to be either Dacia or Diocleia, or even the Lombards.

What mod by the way?

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Lux Invicta with the latest version of LIBERT3. Dacia can field about 8k to my 12k. Diocleia is a bloated cow waiting to be gutted by the true worshipers of Sol Invictus.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Are lesbians a common thing in CK2? Seen many when I went to "Characters" to find wife for my heir

In fact, even the Duke's own daughter gained the 'homo' trait!...and still the King of Fance want her to marry his nephew

Quote Originally Posted by Ixor_Drakar View Post
    Lux Invicta with the latest version of LIBERT3. Dacia can field about 8k to my 12k. Diocleia is a bloated cow waiting to be gutted by the true worshipers of Sol Invictus.
    I hate what that mod does with all the states, I hate balkanisation.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by oahgneg View Post
    Are lesbians a common thing in CK2? Seen many when I went to "Characters" to find wife for my heir
    Dont know about CK2, but in RL they are surprisingly common. Everytime im intrested in a girl, she turns out to be a carpet licker. could be just me though

Would be relevant if the game was set 1000 years later.

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Ever since this retarded 'factions' system of was introduced in the game, they are hardly ever stable. I have not seen them out of civil wars even for a single year.
    For some reason in any of my games France seems to be plagued by civil wars all the time, whether they be lower crown authority or secession crises, don't know why.

Right now I'm playing as the King of Bohemia (still vassal to the emperor). If I remember correctly there had only been 1 rebellion in the 40 odd years I have made it through the game. I have outright declined to take part in any factions because I want to gain some more lands before I try to go independent, Poland is really the only option outside of the empire and I have some marriages set up there to benefit me in the future. I have inundated Iberia with my blood, marrying off three of my sons to the sisters of the King of Castille, Leon, and Galicia, then killing him, thus splitting the three kingdoms up into the hands of my family who will hopefully kill off all their competitors and establish my dynasty in Iberia.

I do love to maniacally laugh when I hatch plots and they come to fruition. Perhaps I need to go see a doctor...

Check the french Kings line, they might have gotten some inbreeding going on which could cause the AI to fall apart faster than usual.

Civis

My King, Björn III of Sweden, is getting older and doesn't have much lust for his wife. Instead he looks for young mistresses who can give him joy. This has happened twice now when he's old. The first time the object of interest was his brother's wife and they had a great tumbling (or however it's called in the game). The second time the object of interest was his own daughter. Yeah ok, a little bit of greek drama, I thought. But the next event message was that "Princess Iris laughed at him and told him he's too old."

I don't know if the choice of his own daughter is scripted or caused by a random choice among the female characters in the court. Incest is of course unfortunately something that happen in real life and was a part of the greek and roman era. If it's scripted that there should be events of incest I guess that's ok, but maybe a bit not so puritan for those who are sencitive about those things in games.

How do you feel about that?
    Last edited by Pethom; February 26, 2013 at 09:41 AM.

That has happened to me as well. I am playing Count of Ikonion, who is really lustful and hedonist. Now, he has 'tumbled' with 3 ladies of his court, produced two bastards, and failed to 'tumble' with two of his seven daughters.

Guess I'm better off posting my questions here rather than elsewhere seeing as here is the one of two places the world's ck2 players congregate (the other is ofc paradox plaza)

1) What's the advantages..or rather, point, of being a king, when a duke can hold many ducal titles?

2) If a Duke has 2 kids, an older daughter & a younger son, who becomes the heir in a Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture?

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

1) being King gives you a higher prestige bonus than being Duke. Further, Kings can hold Ducal titles as well so all in all it is good for your prestige.

2) The son will inherit. The daughter only inherits when there are no males in Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture i believe.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan