Page 293 of 293 FirstFirst ... 193 243 268 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 5860

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Candy_Licker's Avatar Centurio

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    Same, massively disappointed with this to be honest. They've just completely abandoned the original mechanics and idea of the game in favour of adding in loads of crap. At the moment Indian rulers have more depth than Christian rulers and they're just going to add in an earlier bookmark? Pointless.
    fully agree with you.

What this game needs most are more refined lord/vassal mechanics. And religion. The addition of the colleague of cardinals was half baked, I didn't even pay attention to it once. The pope plays no role, all he does is hoard gold and call a crusade now and then. It would really be time to focus on what used to be the core of the game again.

Basil II the B.S's Avatar Equites Cohortales

A more active role of the Pope would be indeed definitely welcome.
    I mean, what do you lose by leaving papal investitures? Not much really. Antipapal wars are often random. Attempts to fix the Schism with Constantinople could be interesting as well.

Oh btw, I've had a woman as King-Bishop of the Papacy, bug that needs to be fixed.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; August 24, 2014 at 04:03 AM.

Thangaror's Avatar Princeps

Anyone knows what causes that annoying Autosave-CTD. Seems to become more and more frequent.

Another thing: I have some armies on the map, which kind of don't belong anywhere. The soldier is smaller than others, doesn't reveal any numbers, marked as neutral, and is completely inactive. I *think* it happens when the army's liege is suddenly defeated and the army is standing in neutral territory. It's kind of irritating.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Middle-earth: Total War - Hérë Pelarcíryarwa - WIP Second Age mod

absinthia's Avatar Ubí latrína est

Charlemenge now is it!?
    while the start date moves towards my favorite era of European history, i hold no particular hope for this DLC.
    would been beter if they had knocked of a standalone game focusing on the Dark and Viking era, with its own apropriate mechanics.

"the pope can grant good catholics powerfull boons", "do not upsett the pope, he can have you excomunicated", bah such rubbish.
    and, when there are people of my own religion rebelling against some infidel lord they are also my enemies, i can neither join or suport their cause, what bullcrap. have anyone seen the pope suport a catholic uprising? no, because it is impossible!
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Anyone knows what causes that annoying Autosave-CTD. Seems to become more and more frequent.

Another thing: I have some armies on the map, which kind of don't belong anywhere. The soldier is smaller than others, doesn't reveal any numbers, marked as neutral, and is completely inactive. I *think* it happens when the army's liege is suddenly defeated and the army is standing in neutral territory. It's kind of irritating.
    They are probably your vassals retinue.

Can anyone tell me how to mod the game to use Bolgar portraits or Pechenegs instead of Turkish? I have the Turkish portrait dlc but I really don’t like how dark they are and they have zero Mongolic features! Really I would rather use mongol portraits than the Turkish dlc or muslim generic default. I have the steppe faces mod but that is not compatible with Rajas of India, anyone know if there is a way I can bring some much needed plausibility to my Old Gods campaigns I’d be very grateful …

Kanaric's Avatar Praefectus Castrorum

At the moment Indian rulers have more depth than Christian rulers
    Why? Because they have a festival?

Meanwhile christian rulers have the college of cardinals, crusades, pilgrimages, excommunication, etc.

Also if you are complaining about flavor, of which there is a lot, why are you not playing mods?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Why? Because they have a festival?

Meanwhile christian rulers have the college of cardinals, crusades, pilgrimages, excommunication, etc.
    Yeah, ok sure mate.

Also if you are complaining about flavor, of which there is a lot, why are you not playing mods?
    I do play mods.

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

Just like you guys, I'm not too excited for the new Charlemagne DLC, however I will certainly appreciate some of the new features it will (hopefully) give us for free. I mean, more cultures? Yay. New season and climate system? Yay. Regency overhaul? Yay if it means my regent won't be an idiot every time anymore. Custom kingdoms and empires sounds good too but I don't think that will be free content. Which will piss me off since that is such a basic feature it should've been in the game since it came out. Anyhow, not gonna buy this DLC before it goes real cheap.

Regarding mods, any recommendations? Short descriptions will be much appreciated.

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

Has anybody else had their wards get wrong education traits? My son just became an amateurish plotter even though my character is a fortune builder, and this is the second time I notice something like this happening. Is it a bug or an actual game mechanic?

Nah it definitely can happen. In most cases your character will get the trait of the ward but that doesn't always happen. It's very likely but not certain. You can get a weaker or stronger version or even something completely different.
    I suppose it is to avoid making the game too easy.

Your defining trait can also evolve, eg a tough soldier can become skiller tactician and then brilliant strategist

What's definitely a bug is rulers occasionally getting female titles. Eg Queen Adalbert of England.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; September 20, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S
    Nah it definitely can happen. In most cases your character will get the trait of the ward but that doesn't always happen. It's very likely but not certain. You can get a weaker or stronger version or even something completely different.
    I suppose it is to avoid making the game too easy.
    Alright, thanks for confirming.
    Your defining trait can also evolve, eg a tough soldier can become skiller tactician and then brilliant strategist
    That's only possible for military-oriented characters I suppose? I haven't had that happen to anyone else so far.
    What's definitely a bug is rulers occasionally getting female titles. Eg Queen Adalbert of England.
    Oh, I don't think I have ever seen that.

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

Alright so yesterday I finished a Crusader Kings 2 game for the first time; before this game I had got either wrecked or bored well before 1453. I actually started the game in the middle of the summer, dumped it for a while and picked it up again some time ago. So, I started off with Castille from William the Conqueror bookmark (December 1066). Ironman mode on, normal difficulty - that might've been too easy, because by 1453 my realm had turned into this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The Empire of Hispania represented in white with red outlines. Just for clarity's sake.

So, as you might be able to tell, this was by far my most successful game so far. Too bad January 1453 came so fast I couldn't save other map modes. Well, it was Catholic Jimena supremacy anyways. I must say I had quite some fun holy warring the infidel scum ever since I got a good grip of Byzantium. They were so afraid of me that I hardly faced serious resistance most times; I was actually able to fight dozens of wars with just my retinue, which way exceeded 100K Jinetes by the time the game ended.

My last character was the emperor of Hispania, Francia, Britannia and Latin Empire (destroyed Byzantium to recreate it with better laws and found out it wasn't possible, probably because I was a Castilian Catholic) and held all the kingly titles within the realm except for Norway, Ireland, Taurica and Cyprus (therefore, 32 kingdoms were held personally by me). My Hispania consisted of 2200+ holdings (3.5 times the size of HRE, lol) and my army was well bigger than 300K in the end. Indeed, it was great fun, although the constant peasant and religious rebellions were damn annoying. Other than that, the realm was surprisingly stable, as splintered as it was.

My only regret is that I never got HRE. At one point I was married to a princess of HRE and my son had a weak claim on the empire, so I pushed it because by then I was able to easily overpower HRE, and my son and heir was the Holy Roman Emperor. Too bad he was maimed in a battle soon after and died at the age of 22... I was so disappointed. And I was so close to getting to rule more than half of the CK2 world. I wonder if it's possible to conquer all of it...? Oh well, you guys (Basil...) have probably done something a lot more impressive, so excuse my childish enthusiasm I have for this empire. If for some incomprehensible reason someone wants to hear more, I'll be more than glad to go in further details, but I doubt anyone does. Oh, my score was 260780. Guess that's kinda good.

I wonder what next... I could try the world conquest as Mongols or something, but that's kinda lame so maybe I could finally put my Republic DLC to some use. On the other hand I'm very eager to try out some mods now that I'm finished with this game, so if someone is kind enough to make me some mod recommendations that will be appreciated. Historically accurate but immersive mods is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for reading, if you did.

EDIT: Just realized there's a "post your empires" thread... Well, whatever.
    Last edited by Goofy; Yesterday at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

That's only possible for military-oriented characters I suppose? I haven't had that happen to anyone else so far.
    I'm fairly sure it's possible for every trait but it's just a lot easier to gain military points.

Other than that, boooo at the Latin Empire.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar Sagittarius

Break it up in an awesome way now and use the Converter Improvement Mod for EU4. I'd suggest Latin Empire gets a sizable area in the east with a few relatively decent sized realms, such as Arabia and maybe a combined Persia/Armenia, split Africa into 3-4 kingdoms, possibly split Hispania, definitely split France or it'll be OP, possibly split Britannia, independent Lithuania, split Scandinavia as you see fit. Result is a very interesting and abnormal EU4 game.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back. (IF YOU LEAVE YOUR NAME!)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrZanyGaming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strider View Post
    Oh, and this is false. As a white person, I can say that it's not possible to be racist to a white person.
    Congratulations, you just lowered my IQ by 10 points.

lawandorder82's Avatar Hastatas Posterior

I have it but got bored of it.
    Albundy for president 2019 my lets play http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iZV...azsoGel3_b_7rA

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

I'm fairly sure it's possible for every trait but it's just a lot easier to gain military points.
    That makes sense, you're probably right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior
    Break it up in an awesome way now and use the Converter Improvement Mod for EU4. I'd suggest Latin Empire gets a sizable area in the east with a few relatively decent sized realms, such as Arabia and maybe a combined Persia/Armenia, split Africa into 3-4 kingdoms, possibly split Hispania, definitely split France or it'll be OP, possibly split Britannia, independent Lithuania, split Scandinavia as you see fit. Result is a very interesting and abnormal EU4 game.
    Well, I got EU4 in the Steam summer sale but haven't yet played it at all so I should start with learning the basics anyways. And I don't even have the converter DLC in case that is required. I should start playing EU though, otherwise it was a waste of a fair amount of money. It is just that, from what I've seen, it's at least as tricky to learn as CK2. Besides, I'm still enjoying the latter, especially because I haven't tried any mods out so far. Which is the next thing I'm going to do as far as CK2 is concerned.

Thanks for the tip, though.

Btw, as for my current campaign, I started as Dyre of Konurgardr (Kiev). Instead of forming Ruthenia, I took the lands abandoned by the Magyars in the South, formed pirate Taurica (I plan to form Ruthenia later) then started pillaging Europe from that.
    As long as I was norse, I regularly went up the Danube river, sack some Bohemian towns then proceed up to Bavaria and Lotharingia. When Dyre died I lost his initial fleet thus there was no point in being Norse anymore, coverted to Slavic and I started harassing Bulgarians, Byzantines and Georgians.
    I don't plan to form the Russian empire at all but I'm trying something new this time. I'll stick to Pagan for a while, but if I can't reform it soon enough, I'll probably convert to Orthodox. Long time objectives are Syria and Sicily for some weird naval domination (in a game that has no naval battles).

Although my greatest achievement so far was probably launching 8 simultaneous imperial reconquests as Rome. Literally at war with the entire map except India, because it why not.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; Today at 04:19 AM.

Got a cool custom title
    Artifex

That sounds like a lot of fun.

I just downloaded the Historical Immersion Project mod. I am yet to play it - currently making some custom changes to the UI because I didn't like the one included - but it looks pretty neat. At least it should add a lot of flavour and extra difficulty to the game. You know, I prefer the game being difficult in other ways than just giving the AI an unfair combat advantage, which is basically what the game's higher difficulty levels provide you. And oh, thank God I stumbled upon a small mod that gets rid of those terrible mongol children sketch portraits. The Vanilla ones were downright ugly.

Lol I agree with every word.

Thread Information