Thread: Crusader Kings 2

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    One thing to note, god the interface is horrible in this game. Was much better in CKI.
    Used to think that too. But this interface is much better in terms of ease and comfort and speedy accessibility. However, CK1 had better interface in terms of 'medieval' feel to the game, and was a good thing in CK1's time. So far, CK2 interface has turned out to be equally better. In fact, most of the times it is much better than old interface.

One flaw I don't like in CK2's interface is that there is no 'Friends' and 'Rivals' category in character information panel. That thing was very helpful, and you could quickly check your rival if he tried to assassinate you, or you could get your friends to help you out in many tasks. In other words, it was good to keep track of friends and rivals.

Now there is no 'friend' or 'rival' category. They simply gain or lose relations with you. And you can never figure out which poor-relations character out of hundreds of such characters tried to assassinate you. Neither you can take note of your special friends, because they just get temporary relations for some time, which is not friendship. Lazy work on Paradox's part, methinks.

I still love the CK1 portraits. And especially the dark-age style music and sounds. Don't know why they removed them.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe he just remembers it to be better than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    And CK1 has by far the worst
    Lol, I enjoyed it very much, sometimes even more than CK2.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    One flaw I don't like in CK2's interface is that there is no 'Friends' and 'Rivals' category in character information panel. That thing was very helpful, and you could quickly check your rival if he tried to assassinate you, or you could get your friends to help you out in many tasks. In other words, it was good to keep track of friends and rivals.

Now there is no 'friend' or 'rival' category. They simply gain or lose relations with you. And you can never figure out which poor-relations character out of hundreds of such characters tried to assassinate you. Neither you can take note of your special friends, because they just get temporary relations for some time, which is not friendship. Lazy work on Paradox's part, methinks.

I still love the CK1 portraits. And especially the dark-age style music and sounds. Don't know why they removed them.
    This guy gets it. Bad character windows. Hard to find how characters are related to you/how closely related. Hard to find wives. Should allow multiple windows open. But I'm getting used to it.

Game seems a bit too easy though. As Duke of Dublin with all counties of Meath and Leinster, it seems everyone wants to marry any idiot in my family now. I just married off a bastard half sister(the one I mentioned before) to the king of Hungary. To be fair she had like 19 skill in martial and 16 intrigue, but still a bastard from an Irish dynasty. Just married off my gay youngest most useless brother to the princess of Byzantium, and my second youngest but good skill brother to a HRE duchess.

Myself, and my next brother and brother after that in line all got stuck with bad wives though, I'm married to countess of Tyrone trying to inherit that, if I kill her will I get the county or it'll go to my son right? Other brother is married to his first fat cousin from the matrilineal cornish uncle, favorite brother I married to a maimed scarred depressed but hot scottish princess, so Scotland is my ally and she actually has good skills. She's older than him though, and I don't think they'll be having anymore kids after the one daughter.

My old lady finally kicked the bucket at age 50 after she remarried and fled to Dyfed the day my father died to rule, but she sent troops to any war I had so that's good. Now I just have to rush to get 2 more irish provinces so I can form Ireland and not split my realm into independent duchies when my current guy dies. He's only 30 but last duke died at only 43 from old age apparently.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Meanwhile, I am getting elected to HRE.

Now only thing I need to figure out is to how to kill off that 60 year old bastard who reigns over us.

One flaw I don't like in CK2's interface is that there is no 'Friends' and 'Rivals' category in character information panel.
    that is because one has no "friends"...
    i had one duke join a war for independence while i was pressing his claims, WTF!!! personaly i liked the old rebelion system better than this faction stuff when it comes to people wishing independence. now it seems that anyone joins even if they like you plenty. the main bore in the late campaign is to beat down those endless wars for independence, it gets stale fast. there should have been some cool down phase after a major revolt.
    also there should have been an option to "release" a vassal king and re-arange ones realm.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Indeed. For the first time today, I realised that a broken system like this 'factions' feature can actually do away with the game.

By the Gods, it is hard to put down rebellion when everyone (including my character's own son and heir, the duke of Bavaria) is simply joining independence and other factions even though don't have anything to do with it.

And why would a loyal duke with 100+ relations wish to depose me in favour of some random dude with a claim to my throne but no power at all?

Double A's Avatar person man

The obvious solution is murder.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Quote Originally Posted by Double A View Post
    The obvious solution is murder.
    Is there a way to prevent murder plots from being exposed 'in a drunken frenzy at a local tavern' as the game tells me?

Indefinitely Banned

I can't even get enough plot power to kill my kings brother in my Poland campaign. Really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    I can't even get enough plot power to kill my kings brother in my Poland campaign. Really frustrating.
    Invite a few loyal vassals to the plot. Their names might not be listed in invitation button on plot screen, so you will have to invite them all individually one by one.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    And CK1 has by far the worst
    *cough* EU Rome *cough*
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Now, that's easily rectified, at least partly. Install CK1 again, convert all its tracks into ogg (shouldn't be hard to find some little prog. to do that) and throw them into CK2's music folder together with the corresponding playlist I had once posted on P'dox Plaza.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; January 09, 2013 at 11:14 AM.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by The Kybrothilian View Post
    your spymaster might be able to dig up some dirt to ruin his reputation. perhaps you are able to have him excommunicated... also you should work on the characters that has high plot power and is almost on your side, some honorary titles and gold might do the trick.
    if nothing else works you could try a regular assasination, that is if your intrigue skill is high enough.
    in a pinch you could give him an Uriahs post, though it is a longshot you might be lucky enough to have him die in battle.
    Last edited by absinthia; January 09, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Double A's Avatar person man

Is there a way to prevent murder plots from being exposed 'in a drunken frenzy at a local tavern' as the game tells me?
    Don't invite asshats with 3% plot power unless you have to.

Regardless, unless your liege knows about your plot, nothing of consequence will happen. I think you get a small relations penalty with the guy you're trying to kill and that's it.

And hell, your liege doesn't care unless you're trying to screw over him or his kids, and maybe his wife and cousins if he isn't a complete . That's why it's ridiculously important to get the spymaster on your side if you want to kill your superior.
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

From Dev Blog 4.

That's that about The Republic. Many of you are probably curious about patch 1.09, so here are the highlights:
    • Ultimogeniture Succession: the youngest child inherits
    • Tanistry: A version of Feudal Elective where the electors must pick a member of your dynasty, but will tend to pick distant relatives, preferably old claimants
    • Grant Independence Diplomatic option
    • Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.
    • Added 1241 Bookmark - "The Mongols"
    • The Reign length opinion modifers are now dependent on how long a character has been the liege of someone, not how long the primary title has been held
    • All merc regiments now grow in max size over time
    • Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

• Automatic cultural renaming of titles in your realm. So you'll automatically see Smyrna turn into Izmir if held by Turks, etc.
    • Added more mercenary bands: Finns, Lapps, Abyssinians, Nubians, Lithuanians, Scots, Irish and Alans

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post

Doubt their Merc band will be any good though, with battle mechanics and all that. Heavy Cavalry and Cavalry Archer rich Merc bands will be more valuable. I think the Lithuanians, Abyssinians and Alans will get the most of those.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Way to ruin my day Ascarona.

Ascarona's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Way to ruin my day Ascarona.
    <3 you too.
    “Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.”