Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Playing as the Chief of Hordaland from the Charlemagne scenario start. Just planning on cruising and ing up Europe for some centuries. Want a seriosuly messed up map when I am done. I do not want to be OP. I might even keep Gavelkind just to keep that from happening.

My former character invaded Scotland. My currenct character had zero loyalty among his norse vassals in Scotland so I gave everyone indepedence. This means his realm (Norway) is small enough to give me the possibility to invade . I like invading .
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Domesticus
    Artifex

So how's Charlemagne/the patch?

From what I've seen there's a gigantic Abbasid blob. It could be an interesting start to play as Byzantium.
    Yes I'm a Byzantineboo.

Domesticus
    Artifex

How about the seasons system? Does it affect gameplay in other ways than the increased attrition during winter? Also, how does the title customization thing work, is the chronicles thing any good and do you hate the vassal limit?

Personally I'm yet to play CK2 since Charlemagne's release. Not gonna pick it up until it goes real cheap.
    Last edited by Goofy; October 20, 2014 at 05:00 AM.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

From what I understand from reading the official forums, the Assasid blob comes from decendance being even more broken than before. So now it just stays at 0% the whole time and these empires never split up.

I read that seasons are only working graphically. It's winter all the time in gameplay terms. Not too sure if that's correct though.

I think there's been a misinterpretation of the customization thing as well. From what people are saying you still need the Customization DLC to actually name your title and stuff. It also seems there's an error in the code so that you need 3 kingdoms AND 200 realm size to found an empire instead of 3 kingdoms OR 200 realm size.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post

Personally I'm yet to play CK2 since Charlemagne's release. Not gonna pick it up until it goes real cheap.
    That and the patches. I gave up on rushing on games. Bugs and imbalances ruin the experience.
    Better cheaper and working.

So how's Charlemagne/the patch?
    The patch itself has changed a lot. These are some of the changes I noticed when trying to resume my long-running Byzantine game.

For one thing, you are now capped at having no more than 33 direct vassals otherwise some may break away when your character dies (annoying for me as I rarely ever created kingdoms and had about 73 vassals). Another change is the retinue cap seems to have been cut in half while the levy system has also been significantly reworked (previously I could levy over 50k from vassals and now it's about 4k plus I have the option to "raise tribal allies" whatever that means). Finally, my economy took a nosedive from consistently bringing in 45 ducats per month to losing 18 even after disbanding half of my standing army to get back under the cap. There are so many changes that I'm not sure what changes are directly from the patch (ie: reworked economy) or are secondary effects (ie: economy problems due to having too many vassals).

I'm sure I'll eventually figure things out but right now I'm a bit ticked-off. I was on the verge of reforming Rome and now I'm wondering if I can even salvage the game. Based on what others are saying about decadence, I'm lucky that I've already crippled the Muslim powers or I'd really be in trouble.
    Last edited by Bregil; October 20, 2014 at 03:51 PM.

seems like they've made it harder..

That certainly seems to be the case. It's probably quite straight-forward when playing a new game but save games are a royal pain now.

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

hahaha, I've seen Scotland, but not England...
    edit: about the picture of England becoming a theocracy
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I had this happen in my last pre-CM game with both Denmark and Scotland (oddly enough I've seen Scotland do it several times). I guess a Bishop inherited?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A bishop most likely had a claim, and a faction made him the new ruler.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

So muslims are still too stable and decadence somewhat broken?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    So muslims are still too stable and decadence somewhat broken?
    Sounds like it. I miss the day of the ever-exploding Muslim states.

Domesticus
    Artifex

It used to be a complete pain in the backside to play as Muslim though.

It used to be a complete pain in the backside to play as Muslim though.
    Yep, Paradox really is in a no-win situation here. No matter which direction they shift the balance some people are going to complain. There needs to be variability, of course, so it's the overall trends that need to be addressed as opposed to a few spectacular or terrible games.
    I think they will have the balance about right when the AI is able to maintain a reasonably stable realm that has the potential to expand without automatically blobbing up.

Anyone has ever got the event ''Hellspawn child''? I might attend to grow him and get him ''the devil'' nickname.

Oh and that Shia caliph that converted to Sunni...

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I'm kind of interested in starting a succession game sort of like this after the WoL patch, but I unfortunately am still lacking in the Charlemagne patch and won't get WoL on release. Would you guys still be interested in participating if I start one of these types of games up for us?I think it'd be a really cool, fun way of bringing TWC's CK2 community a little closer with a fun, relaxed combined AAR. Personally I think the idea of creating a world history together sounds awesome.

Edit: if this does get interest I'd start it up during my winter break as I'm going to have a lot of free time from December 20th to about two weeks after.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Stavros_Kalmpou's Avatar Senator

For some weird reason, I can't proceed as the Comnenoi...I start as Alexios, and my brother Isaakios kills all my children....Still, great game though!
    Last edited by Stavros_Kalmpou; December 21, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
    For the Sake of Love
    Aristeia Total War AAR as the Trojans. Join in and watch as the Greatest war in history of man begins, a war For the Sake of Love

I believe that is illegal, and is therefore forbidden to discuss on the site...