Page 301 of 301 FirstFirst ... 201 251 276 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301
Results 6,001 to 6,007 of 6007

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

  1. #6001
    ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,278

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Looks like we're getting China whether we like it or not so. Better upgrade my system.


  2. #6002

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Yep, that sounds inevitable.

    Well, some major optmization patch is also coming with Horse Lords. The biggest resource sinks are not the map extensions, but the decision checks added to the characters (for example, fatwa for muslims, castrate/blind for byzantines).

    --------

    EDIT: Today's (rather underwhelming) dev diary.

    Also, the new regions preview:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Last edited by Yayattasa; June 30, 2015 at 10:18 AM.

  3. #6003
    Hastatas Posterior
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany ,NRW
    Posts
    898

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Well, some major optmization patch
    Where do you guys actually have performance issues?I mean I once got them in giant empire when a large civil war started.But nothing else.



    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

    Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

  4. #6004

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Yep, that sounds inevitable.

    Well, some major optmization patch is also coming with Horse Lords. The biggest resource sinks are not the map extensions, but the decision checks added to the characters (for example, fatwa for muslims, castrate/blind for byzantines).

    --------

    EDIT: Today's (rather underwhelming) dev diary.

    Also, the new regions preview:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 


    Somebody tell them to give Byzantines the rhinokopia too (removal of the nose). It was just as popular as blinding and castration and they actually had an Emperor whose nose was removed when he was temporarly removed from the throne. Nasty but true.

  5. #6005

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Where do you guys actually have performance issues?I mean I once got them in giant empire when a large civil war started.But nothing else.
    I don't, but I also never played a 700 years campaign, a practice most CK2 players try to achieve at least once.
    The number of greek and muslim courtiers/rulers in a 700 years campaign may become so overwhelming the decision would lag the game a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Somebody tell them to give Byzantines the rhinokopia too (removal of the nose). It was just as popular as blinding and castration and they actually had an Emperor whose nose was removed when he was temporarly removed from the throne. Nasty but true.
    That would be really cool tbh. I like playing scarred characters, they look mean. A mutilated character, with plans for vengeance against a basileos, that would be really cool.
    That could be easily achieved with a mod, I think.

  6. #6006
    ccllnply's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,278

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    Where do you guys actually have performance issues?I mean I once got them in giant empire when a large civil war started.But nothing else.
    I get them when one nation gets too big and the later in the game I'm playing relative to when I started. So if I start a game in 867 the game will have become very slow by the year 1000. If I start in 1334, by the time I get to 1350 the game has gotten just as slow.

    I really want to do a Paradox megacampaign but I've only ever gotten past CK2 once. That was about 2 years ago, before version 1.9 or around that when this performance slow down first appeared. And I even that game I scrapped before Vic2 because it became so unbalanced in EU3.

    So this optimization patch, depending on how good it actually is, could save me a few hundred on a planned upgrade. I'm happy enough with how EUIV runs and Victoria 2 is like a rocket so only CK2 is holding me back.


  7. #6007
    Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,399

    Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

    Felt like playing this again for the first time in a year, first time playing a patch newer than the one that old gods was or whatever, and what do you know my game is ruined by a bug already only 20 years in. Every single country around me has a perpetual truce for wars that never happened, so I can't expand without losing all my prestige or whatever just to gain a single county at a time.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

    Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •