Page 281 of 281 FirstFirst ... 181 231 256 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281
Results 5,601 to 5,609 of 5609

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Princeps

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    I'm new to Paradox games and I first tried EU4 about a week ago. interestingly I found EU4 too hard and complex and was close to decided maybe Paradox's games are not my taste (despite being an old school total war fan). but one of my friend told Me CKII is easier and I should try it instead ! I think CKII is a bit easier so kind of surprised you guys said the opposite !?
    CK2 has more complex game mechanics but the actual gameplay is easier than EU4.

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

So I'm doing the William the bastard start, I conquered england and everything, but apparently a in my haste to kill off the english nobility, someone (an anglo saxon) without family gave their duchy to the queen of france?? It's been a few decades now and I have random french princes as my vassals, and whenever they die without heirs the land go to the french king, so now 2 random provinces in southern england are french and a third one is owned by the next french king.

I took away the duchy but i got a tyrant penalty so I don't want to take away the last barony (the english people really dont like me...), but is there any other way to keep it in my kingdom? How do I prevent this situation in the first place?

And why like 50 years after my conquest I still get like 2k armies from england vs ~5k from normandy? I thought it was the recent conquest penalty before but the levies never substantially increased.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

eXistenZ's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine

Because the amount of levies you get is related to the levy law and the opinion of you. Since you are a tyrant and of another culture, so a masive opinion penalty in england.

RoI still needs some patching though, cause there are barely any women you can marry or betrohe with at the start

General Maximus's Avatar Tribunus

So true. It is hard to get married at the start especially when playing Indian states, I usually get some ladies from the decision and marry the best one from them (and take two concubines probably), while 'selling' the rest of the ladies off to kings around. But the AI isn't able to get ladies for itself or it's large number of vassals, resulting in collapsing dynasties and splinter factions which Muslims steamroll within moments.

What makes it even harder is the caste system. Most ladies available for marriage have a tendency to be wrong caste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    If someone is dancing on my bed when I am trying to sleep? Kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydoc View Post
    Hippodrome has wrong number of rows for seats.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

empr guy's Avatar Equites Alares

Oh I see, If I were to make all the dukes of england normans (which is a large majority of the country iirc), will they give me better levies or will it not matter since their vassals will probably hate them and not give them any troops to give to me? And I couldn't change any laws while William was king since everyone hated his guts, now that his son is in charge maybe I can change that...
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

General Maximus's Avatar Tribunus

Levies get outdated over time, depend way too much on vassal relations, and even laws don't help much. Get military organization tech. Once you get around 20,000 retinue cap, you should start recruiting professional standing units. Personally, I use levies, and then switch completely to a full-blown standing army of around 15,000 soldiers (increased to 20 as soon as possible). From then on, I use levies only for local peasant revolts, create a little border distraction for the enemy, or when my retinues are gone and I have them as my only reserve.

Besides, retinues fight far better than levies. Scrapping levies altogether by late game in decent wars can be advantageous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    If someone is dancing on my bed when I am trying to sleep? Kill them.
    Quote Originally Posted by babydoc View Post
    Hippodrome has wrong number of rows for seats.
    No buy for me.
    Thats it I had enough!

kambiz's Avatar Hastatus

What's the point in creating duchies? I usually distribute my surplus counties between people with each person will get only one of them. this is to avoid making them too powerful ! so what's the point to give them more than one region or create a duchy and give it all to someone?

Diamat's Avatar COGITO, ERGO BVDGIE
    Content Staff

Quote Originally Posted by kambiz View Post
    What's the point in creating duchies? I usually distribute my surplus counties between people with each person will get only one of them. this is to avoid making them too powerful ! so what's the point to give them more than one region or create a duchy and give it all to someone?
    Vassal duchies give you more prestige. Also, they are easier to manage than individual counts. And if you don't create duchies yourself, sometimes the AI will do it himself, if he can acquire enough counties.

Son of Rarity - Father of Adamat, Legio_Italica, and Aquila Praefortis

eXistenZ's Avatar Centurio Primus Ordine

Untill India's lack of females is solved and there are a few rulers who arent either 50+ or with a faction immedialty against them, i started 1066 castille, to get the 3 empress and 1066-1453 achievement. Bit of plotting gets you all the other kingdoms, and absolution from the pope gets rid of kingslayer. So managed to form Hispania fairly quickly, and im halfway (she is about 40) through my third empress in a row. I was playing at 5 speed and not paying that much attention in micromanagement. (which screwed up the dejure duchies and such)

Its now 1210 and it is actually quite intresting. My firstborn son has just become 18 and i married him to the daughter of the king of france/aquitane. Who turns out to be a only child, with a mother past her child bearing age...Meanwhile i have a nephew who has married the queen of sicily, so that too is gonna become jimenez land, although there has just been called a jihad against it. I'm not sure at the moment how i will integrate it when my nephews's offspring comes on the throne though

Thread Information