Page 48 of 313 FirstFirst ... 233839404142434445464748495051525354555657587398148 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Try inviting a claimant from their court to yours.
    But then I won't get full ownership of the county/Duchy.(plus most of them are still kids.) Can I help the claimant gain their land then take it away from immediately after without any terrible repercussions?
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    But then I won't get full ownership of the county/Duchy.(plus most of them are still kids.) Can I help the claimant gain their land then take it away from immediately after without any terrible repercussions?
    Well, you can encourage him to rebel by giving him the position of court jester.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Your vassals (that includes those administering your holdings) will see you as a tyrant.
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ketzerfreund View Post
    Your vassals (that includes those administering your holdings) will see you as a tyrant.
    By appointing one of my vassals as court jester and that is tyranny? I am pretty sure it does not give such penalty.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by the celt View Post
    Yeah, there is. What hellheaven said, plus mobilize the county's/duchy's soldiers and leave them be for a few months or years. Whenever the guy revolts, you defeat him and usurp a title. Unfortunately you can only usurp one title each time so you'll need several wars depending on the titles he holds. Following this procedure does not cause any loss of prestige and is seen as just.

Oh and by the way start by usurping counties. The Duchy titles are basically irrelevant as he can gain the title back by usurping it from you. Losing his counties will lower his economic and military power though.
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; March 15, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

You can also assassin his line and make sure the final heir is you, or simply fabricate county claim and then confiscate that county from him (no penalty if you have the title claim).

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Its my one way to distribute titles however I like, by intentionally pissing off vassals.

Ketzerfreund's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    By appointing one of my vassals as court jester and that is tyranny? I am pretty sure it does not give such penalty.
    I was replying to The Celt. Which should've been obvious, but obviously it isn't.
    Last edited by Ketzerfreund; March 18, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: had the wrong quote
    "Oh, to be truly happy! To be an imbecile." - Wobbly Headed Bob

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey guys, my copy of CK2 just started crashing on startup even though it was working only a couple of hours ago, has there been a steam update thats stuffed it up or?

Cheers

florin87's Avatar Campidoctor

i'm getting the same thing with the latest patch.

Basarabia is Romanian!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Good thing I haven't updated my copy then.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

non updating for the win

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Mine works fine? I wonder what the problem is?

Another note. I was King of Wales and my brother was generally being a punk because I hadn't given him a title yet...whatever. Then I found that he had a plot to kill me...he wasn't married (his wife had died of the pox) and so I married him off to a stuttering, hunchback, 20 year old. Fast forward a year...my brother threw himself off the tallest tower in Wales(death by depression). I lol'd and saved the money that I would have had to use otherwise.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Nutsack's Avatar Primicerius

Is anyone else having graphical problems? My terrain map looks like theres snow all over the ground in every part of the world, even in arid areas the ground is so white that it blinds my eyes. So I can't really play the game on the terrain map anymore, or until I reinstall the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post

Another note. I was King of Wales and my brother was generally being a punk because I hadn't given him a title yet...whatever. Then I found that he had a plot to kill me...he wasn't married (his wife had died of the pox) and so I married him off to a stuttering, hunchback, 20 year old. Fast forward a year...my brother threw himself off the tallest tower in Wales(death by depression). I lol'd and saved the money that I would have had to use otherwise.
    Ha! I've done similar things myself though they never killed themselves.

I'm convinced there isn't such a thing as a Duke who doesn't want to usurp one of my five King titles.

Merula's Avatar Campidoctor

So no one knows what the problem is then?

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post

Had you found a a character with all these traits plus the dwarf one, he would have been gone in less than 6 months.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel I Komnenos View Post
    Had you found a a character with all these traits plus the dwarf one, he would have been gone in less than 6 months.
    I was amazed that he didn't actually follow through with the plot in that time though?!? No backing I guess
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

so...is it safe to assume, that if someone dies in their 30s, and they don't have an illness trait, and you aren't aware of any plots, and you're not leading any army, that someone has knocked off that character?

Quote Originally Posted by John I Tzimisces View Post
    so...is it safe to assume, that if someone dies in their 30s, and they don't have an illness trait, and you aren't aware of any plots, and you're not leading any army, that someone has knocked off that character?
    Not necessary, there is a small chance that any character may die naturally.