Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200 250 275 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300
Results 5,981 to 5,983 of 5983

Thread: Crusader Kings 2

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

Default Re: Crusader Kings 2

Holy longbow retinue is ridiculous tough!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.

Yep, I have 10k of those as a merchant republic around the 900s (started in Charlemagne). Also, as a bonus, you can declare war 1 day before they reach one of their counties. No one in the map is up to it, really. That's what I was complaining in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    Never having played a game in the pond, I started a Manx playthrough, starting tribal. So, I became a republic and started puring out thousands of retinue troops. I've heard it before the longbowmen were the best troops in the game, but I've realised they are simply too overpowered. I'm roleplaying the republic, so I'm just taking cities and pushing some claims from around, keeping only the republic as my county-level title, but, really, I could've conquered the whole Europe if so I wished. There should be some kind of mechanic against single type armies. Really, if any army found 6k longbowmen unsupported by neither infantry or cavalry, the obvious move is all out charge against their position. Instead, in the game you are in for at least 12 days skirmishing.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Praefectus Cohortis
    Somewhere snowing... This damned holiday...

I am getting bored about my Cathar Welsh campaign and decide to start a Cuman campaign; turn out Tribal Invasion is ridiculous fun, especially you still have that after reform (which is quite easy if you play as Cuman).
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Hea View Post
    The only reason why Charlemagne came into this at all is because Hellheaven thought it'd be a fun way to troll some byzantophiles.