Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siberia and Mongols?

Default Siberia and Mongols?

Since Shogun 2 takes place in 16th Century Japan, would Siberia be included along with the Mongol principalities? This would make sense, especially with the Russian expansion into the Far East during the same time period.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: Siberia and Mongols?

not in Shogun 2

maybe in an expansion

i'm expecting Shogun 2 to be like M2tw Kingdoms and ETW, where you'll have a set of multiple provincial campaigns

maybe korean war, mongol invasion, some other period of japan history...
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

As far is I know it only includes Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    not in Shogun 2

maybe in an expansion

i'm expecting Shogun 2 to be like M2tw Kingdoms and ETW, where you'll have a set of multiple provincial campaigns

maybe korean war, mongol invasion, some other period of japan history...
    Don't think so...I guess that these two will be in an expansion, as CA will focus on the Japanese clans of the Sengoku and Azuchi-Momoyama period...However, i strongly wish that these two incidents (Mongol Invasion and the Imjin War) will be added! But we must taken into account that although the Imjin War seems more logical, the Mongol Invasion took place 200 years before the start of the game..

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

the Mongol Invasion took place 200 years before the start of the game..
    exactly, so a provincial campaign is our only hopes to see it (excluding mods)
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

the russians didn't expend to the far east in that period.
    -
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    -
    -
    -

Golden Conquistador

Irish guy's Avatar Semisalis

Shogun 1 had a Mongol Invasion expansion. They may do the same for this one.

Mods I use:
    Europa Barbarorum.
    Stainless Steel.
    Third Age Total War.
    Darth Mod (S2TW)
    Radious (Attilla)

Steam Profile: Sir Killsalot

The Mongols were not around really, but the time the Sengoku heats up China is ruled by the Manchu. And as for the Eastern most parts of Siberia, it is mostly local tribes, the Russians have yet to reach the Pacific.

Pretty much, expect a Japan only map, and Yamato-Japanese only factions. If we are super lucky we might get to see Ezo (Hokkaido) on the map or the Ryukyu Kingdom as a faction.

However, maybe the Mongol invasion will make it into either an expansion or a mod. Although I am more hoping for an Imjin war. Or a Yamato invasion of Korea during the Korean three kingdoms period mod, although that would require serious remodeling. But I would be willing to help out if/when that mod is planned.

Prince of Darkness's Avatar Campidoctor

Korea and China, maybe, Siberia, no chance.

maybe sth like the road to independance campaign in ETW, as a tutorial

1st Tutorial: Kamakura, conflicts between Taira and Minamoto, mini campaign to learn the basics (building, recruting, attacking, expanding)

2nd Tutorial: Mongol invasion, hold back the mongols, new troops, introduction into research, economy and diplomacy

But an add-on like kingdoms would be pretty nice too.
    4 campaigns, mongol invasion, korean invasion... i ran out of ideas lol

Quote Originally Posted by rekishiotaku View Post
    The Mongols were not around really, but the time the Sengoku heats up China is ruled by the Manchu. And as for the Eastern most parts of Siberia, it is mostly local tribes, the Russians have yet to reach the Pacific.

Pretty much, expect a Japan only map, and Yamato-Japanese only factions. If we are super lucky we might get to see Ezo (Hokkaido) on the map or the Ryukyu Kingdom as a faction.

However, maybe the Mongol invasion will make it into either an expansion or a mod. Although I am more hoping for an Imjin war. Or a Yamato invasion of Korea during the Korean three kingdoms period mod, although that would require serious remodeling. But I would be willing to help out if/when that mod is planned.
    Korean invasion is more likely to happen as an expansion, as there were weapons in the Imjin war...However, the Mongol Invasion, which took place 200 years before the start of the game, won't include any guns...So, the Korean invasion will probably be an expansion, with the Joseon and Ming Dynasty to be new factions...

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Quote Originally Posted by KaRoU23 View Post
    Korean invasion is more likely to happen as an expansion, as there were weapons in the Imjin war...However, the Mongol Invasion, which took place 200 years before the start of the game, won't include any guns...So, the Korean invasion will probably be an expansion, with the Joseon and Ming Dynasty to be new factions...
    I hope so

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Im thinking Imjin war would work on a reinforcements system - If Japan keeps see lanes open it gets samurai reinforcements, if Choseon keeps sea lanes open it gets Ming reinforcements

Quote Originally Posted by ♖TMB Total War♖ View Post
    the russians didn't expend to the far east in that period.

Sure they did. Under Ivan IV they conquered pretty much all the Tatar Khanates and reached past the Ural mountains - which is already Siberia.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

That's still a LONG way from the Pacific Ocean

Its not that far fetched to think the Mongol invasion wont be the expansion since it was with the first STW. But then again the expansion for MTW 2 was totally different than the first MTW. I'm just hopping they do something like Kingdoms, and have several different scenarios. And gun units don't have to be included in the Mongol invasion... haha, but the mechanics could be switched to crossbows, since I believe the Japanese armies used them. But their use seemed to have died out in the 14th 15th century.
    But I also really looking forward to what the mod community will come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirota View Post
    Sure they did. Under Ivan IV they conquered pretty much all the Tatar Khanates and reached past the Ural mountains - which is already Siberia.
    Its going to be a long march for Russian infantry, since the game starts around 1550 and ends around 1600

Its going to be a long march for Russian infantry, since the game starts around 1550 and ends around 1600

I guess, I thought the game was going to be to at least the 1700s and focused on all or most of China and Mongolia.

Quote Originally Posted by ClothedBarbarian View Post
    Im thinking Imjin war would work on a reinforcements system - If Japan keeps see lanes open it gets samurai reinforcements, if Choseon keeps sea lanes open it gets Ming reinforcements
    That is most likely to happen in case that you get the Japanese army at the start, where they won't have any cities....As for the sea routes, it is not necessary for reinforcements, as they could occur on land too.... However good thinking!!!

Its not that far fetched to think the Mongol invasion wont be the expansion since it was with the first STW. But then again the expansion for MTW 2 was totally different than the first MTW. I'm just hopping they do something like Kingdoms, and have several different scenarios. And gun units don't have to be included in the Mongol invasion... haha, but the mechanics could be switched to crossbows, since I believe the Japanese armies used them. But their use seemed to have died out in the 14th 15th century.
    But I also really looking forward to what the mod community will come up with.
    It it not they don't have to be included.. I guess an expansion wants to add sth in the game (like the Greek fire in the M2TW)... I personally don't have any problem with the Mongol invasion, however the most possible solution is the Imjin War...As for the different scenarios, there isn't such variety... Well , the possible campaigns are the conquest of Kyushu, the attack on Okinawa against the Ryukyu kingdom,the Mongol invasion....

It it not they don't have to be included.. I guess an expansion wants to add sth in the game (like the Greek fire in the M2TW)... I personally don't have any problem with the Mongol invasion, however the most possible solution is the Imjin War...As for the different scenarios, there isn't such variety... Well , the possible campaigns are the conquest of Kyushu, the attack on Okinawa against the Ryukyu kingdom,the Mongol invasion....
    I would really love to see an ancient Japanese mod. Like the conquest of Japan by the Yamato, against factions like the Kingdom of Kibi, Kumaso, Hayato, Emishi tribes, and maybe even Yamataikoku, and if Korea is on the map, Paekje Gaya, Shilla, Kogyreo, Tamna. That would be awesome >< since I believe this era in history is often forgotten or ignored by both international and Japanese historians, and it is what I want to focus on when I work on my phd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast