Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Next Update

Default Re: Next Update

Double post
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 22, 2010 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Testing this beta version, got a CTD with Novgorod Late Era Campaign going from turn 38 to 39. It seems to happen when England begins its turn, log is attached.
    18:42:41.313 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Highland Rabble'.

Looks like I forgot to update some of the scripts when I removed Highland Rabble for Scotland and replaced them with normal Peasants, will fix and likely release update tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    Hm , strange.I reinstalled SS 6.0 , then 6.1 , RR/RC 1.3 compilation , hotfix of april and the the june hotfix but it keeps crashing at the launch of the game!
    Any solutions?How could I check the system log?

PS: I had forgotten to run the FILE_TASKS after installing the RR/RC 1.3 compilation , I ran it after installing the JUNE hotfix and then ran the FILE_TASKS2.It is maybe the cause of my problem?

PPS:My original game is in french.

Thanks in advance
    Need to install main files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then latest update, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.

I've edited the EDU to increase the unit sizes, it should be compatible with RR/RC if you want to include it for people who want to play bigger battles. I've only changed the unit sizes so it doesn't interfere with other files.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    I've edited the EDU to increase the unit sizes, it should be compatible with RR/RC if you want to include it for people who want to play bigger battles. I've only changed the unit sizes so it doesn't interfere with other files.
    Doesn't that screw up sieges? Especially on smaller settlements, where the units will be unable to properly fit on the walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    18:42:41.313 [data.invalid] [error] World creation error: couldn't find unit description for unit type 'Highland Rabble'.

Looks like I forgot to update some of the scripts when I removed Highland Rabble for Scotland and replaced them with normal Peasants, will fix and likely release update tonight.
    Will this require a new campaign to activate then?
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Will this require a new campaign to activate then?
    Unfortunately yes. Uploading new beta now.

File is temporary unavailable...

edit: it works now.

hi PB, i saw in other thread that you will include the new AI from G5 in SS RR\RC...so it will be included already in this beta or in a future release?

thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by PerXX View Post
    Doesn't that screw up sieges? Especially on smaller settlements, where the units will be unable to properly fit on the walls?
    TBH I never assault settlements, and when i have to I auto resolve.

I normally wait them out, or break off to engage relief armies ad then take up the siege again.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Hi PB

Great news on the update.

Am running SS6.2+RRRC+BYGIV

Just a quick question - Am playing as England, the candidates for the ruling class to marry my daughters are always 45+, usually in their 50's. Surely these should be lower?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a thread about modding a characters age??

Much appreciated

Thanks
    The Devshirme
    On the night the scarlet horsemen took him away - from all that he knew and all he might have known - the moon waxed full in Scorpio, sign of his birth, and as if by the hand of God its incandescence split the alpine valley sheer into that which was dark and that which was light, and the light lit the path of devils to his door.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I've got a bug here...I think. The spaces around Adana are red as if there were an enemy army there, but there is no army there and I even checked for rebels in the trees. Here's a picture.

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/kingdo...220033353.png/

That is Late Era BTW.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 4424, column 1
    Could not find soldier battle model for unit type 'new_peasants'.

You have installed incorrectly or have UAC turned on.
    Need to install main files, then run FILE_TASKS.bat, then latest update, then run FILE_TASKS2.bat.
    Bah!I've reinstalled the whole mod(SS 6.0 part 1 & 2 , SS 6.1 , with RR unticked and "remove Byg II" ticked , RR/RC 1.3 compilation , ran FILE_TASKS.bat , the last update of the JUNE hotfix and ran FILE_TASKS2.bat(everythin in the Medieval2TotalWar folder) and still crashing! I've turned UAC and Norton off , I just don't understand!

Thanks for your help , PB.
    R.I.P. Calvin

You're getting the error: Script Error in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 4424, column 1

So, open your SS/data/unit_models/battle_models.db file

Search for the text new_peasants

It should be there in battle_models.db, its in the battle_models.db in the download.

If its not, something has gone wrong with your installation.

Quote Originally Posted by hippacrocafish View Post
    I've got a bug here...I think. The spaces around Adana are red as if there were an enemy army there, but there is no army there and I even checked for rebels in the trees. Here's a picture.

http://img688.imageshack.us/i/kingdo...220033353.png/

That is Late Era BTW.
    Yep that is odd, never seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    hi PB, i saw in other thread that you will include the new AI from G5 in SS RR\RC...so it will be included already in this beta or in a future release?

thanks...
    Will be in release soon, added it in to my files already.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Ok , I've effectued a quick search but there are too many lines , it will take me the whole day to find it , could you please , or someone , send me your battle_models?

Thanks

Romy
    R.I.P. Calvin

? too many lines ?, use the editor to find it, eg just open it in Notepad and CTRL-f, enter new_peasants in the search box.

If its not there it likely means that other aspects of your install are also incorrect.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

haha it isn't there!How come that I can't find it at all?How can my installation be missed , it's the first time that I've a problem with the installation of a mod.. I don't understand it's just that JUNE hotfix that causes the crashes , I tried to redownload it 2 times..I just don't understand.

"If its not there it likely means that other aspects of your install are also incorrect."
    You mean : my whole install is incorrect or just the install of the june hotfix?I suppose it's the june hotfix , because it has the new peasants units , right?
    R.I.P. Calvin