Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Next Update

Default Re: Next Update

No. No free slots

So I'm guessing the no-borders mod is in. I'll wait till it's optional then. Thanks for your attention. Any idea on when the proper release might be? If it's gonna be in 2 weeks or less, I'll hold off on starting new campaigns.

You don't need to make a complicated menu selection, just a file I copy over something, right? I still think the default should be the normal version, though.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Can we get a version with the original borders? Those borders look terrible especially the mixing up with Moors and Aragon, Green colour for Scots?! Come on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

WTF, Scots are green? That wasn't intended! Release will be in a day or 2. I'll try to find a non no-borders optional file, don't worry

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Can we get a version with the original borders? Those borders look terrible especially the mixing up with Moors and Aragon, Green colour for Scots?! Come on.
    the change from white to yellow for the Crusader States was pretty insane

Gogolometro: I remember now, I meant to boost the Cumans in Walachia etc, thanks for reminding me

Quote Originally Posted by DaZero View Post
    the change from white to yellow for the Crusader States was pretty insane
    I guess that will teach me not to use other people's mods, I didn't make those changes myself

No. No free slots
    Ah man
    if i had the files i would try and do it myself but i wouldnt know how
    say for instance i would replace turkopole cavalry or something i dont use with them
    Will they still be considered for futre?
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Yes

Overlord.ru's Avatar Centenarius
    Russian Federation, Moscow Region, Town of Electrostal

Hey PB, could you please change textures of the latest armor updates for english\french highest tier knights to look like lancers\gothic knights(foot men at arms with latest armor upgrade) ? Because "golden shield" and "silver shield" armor updates of king's men\noble knights have the same look :/ Sry if this had been discussed...

No. No free slots
    So did Hungary get their new units?
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Kievan Rus' Scandinavian Guard are Late Professionals, and as far as I understand they should be 150 men, but they are only 120. Is it supposed to be so or something wrong?
    Last edited by Skoromax; June 20, 2010 at 03:39 PM.

No, the Magyar mod has not been added.

Is the 3rd armor upgrade "Improved Metallurgy" or "Advanced Metallurgy" or "Increased Armor Thickness"? I don't think those will change the appearance of a unit.

Why do you understand they should be 150?

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Well , for the colour of Scotland , I reffered to this coat of arms : http://rlv.zcache.com/scotland_coat_...64cisa_400.jpg / http://www.flagshag.com/smaller/euro...at_of_Arms.jpg

I should have done it lighter though but I didn't really played RR since I worked on the faction colours of the campaign map so I don't had the time to change it , I'll do it later.And for me I don't have any problem between the colour of Aragon and the colour of the Almohads.
    R.I.P. Calvin

For the people complaining about the no borders mod with PB's latest "beta" release. The file you are looking for to change it back (or to change the color) is descr_sm_factions in \SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data.

you can either, scroll through it and change the following

Code:
    faction						venice
    culture						southern_european
    religion					catholic
    symbol						models_strat/symbol_venice.CAS
    rebel_symbol				models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour				red 121, green 3, blue 3
    secondary_colour			red 121, green 3, blue 3;red 221, green 176, blue 69
    loading_logo				loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_venice.tga
    standard_index				0
    logo_index					FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    small_logo_index			SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_VENICE
    triumph_value				5
    intro_movie					faction/major_intro.bik
    victory_movie				faction/venice_win.bik
    defeat_movie				faction/venice_lose.bik
    death_movie					faction/venice_lose.bik
    custom_battle_availability	yes
    can_sap						no
    prefers_naval_invasions		yes
    can_have_princess			yes
    has_family_tree					yes
    you can change the highlighted to whatever color you want, as long as they are the same you get no border, the first 3 numbers of secondary color I believe is the "border", just use an RGB editor to find the color you want.

OR, as long as nothing has changed other than the colors,(I don't think so as the starting provinces etc are handled elsewhere) you can use the descr_sm_factions.txt from the april 11th update. I hope PB doesn't mind if I attach that file here for people.

the attached file is from the apr 11th update and should revert all the faction minimap colors back to previous. just a quick fix till PB releases the optional version for people who don't know how to change it, drop it into the ,mods/ss6/data folder and overwrite
    Last edited by Feldspar; June 20, 2010 at 05:16 PM. Reason: edited fopr teh typ0s

Hey PB, thanks for the new release.
    I must admit, I was a little surprised when I noticed you included my text updates in this newest patch. Needless to say, I'm both glad and honoured, looks like I did a good job with those historical titles.

But I also see you didn't take all of my corrections - is this intended or just coincidental?

Quote Originally Posted by Skoromax View Post
    Kievan Rus' Scandinavian Guard are Late Professionals, and as far as I understand they should be 150 men, but they are only 120. Is it supposed to be so or something wrong?
    OK just checked, these should be Early Professionals so the description has been fixed, thanks.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Prince View Post
    Hey PB, thanks for the new release.
    I must admit, I was a little surprised when I noticed you included my text updates in this newest patch. Needless to say, I'm both glad and honoured, looks like I did a good job with those historical titles.

But I also see you didn't take all of my corrections - is this intended or just coincidental?
    You have me to thank for that.

I linked him to your thread.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

I fixed Scotland's color myself, here's the file for anyone who's interested. I also attached my edited version of export_descr_units, I mainly just fixed spearmen and pikemen to my liking by giving them a very low charge bonus and a higher base attack, discouraging charging and making them fill their role as a defensive unit. If that's sounds like something you'd like be free to download it.

HEY PB!

Lithuanian Levied Peasants have a case of the ol' Silver Surfer disease (no skin). I went through and checked all the other peasants and it seems to be just the lithuanian "levied" peasants, the other peasants are fine.

also, I don't know if this is intended, or just a place holder or not, but the Scots peasant unit cards are default slave.

just a heads up as I had to laugh while conquering riga with an army of silver men.