Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Next Update

Default Re: Next Update

are here any changes to the Crusader States, I noticed that you cant upgrade the smith beyond armourer while playing the 1450 campaign

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Yes , I meant that it would be historically accurate if the Crusaders units , the ones you're able to recruit when you go in crusade(Crusader spearmen , knights , dismounted knights) , were a part of the roster of the Crusader States.This way , we would be able to recruit crusader units at any time in the holy lands.
    Is it historically accurate?
    If not , how can I do it myself?Could link me to a tutorial?

Thanks
    R.I.P. Calvin

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I always thought that the crusader units one recruits on crusade represent people joining a crusade as it passes.

once the crusade reaches its target or disbands they return home.

they wouldn't be available in large numbers in crusader states as the population there was predominantly muslim or orthodox.

One of the major problems historically was the shortage of troops in the those areas under crusader control.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Oh ok , but representing the soldiers arriving each day in the Holy Lands , woudn't it fit well?
    Or maybe we could maybe take the skins of the Crusaders Spearmen and fits it with the Spearmen (for the Crusaders States) , let's say ug. 3?
    R.I.P. Calvin

Quote Originally Posted by romy View Post
    Oh ok , but representing the soldiers arriving each day in the Holy Lands , woudn't it fit well?
    Or maybe we could maybe take the skins of the Crusaders Spearmen and fits it with the Spearmen (for the Crusaders States) , let's say ug. 3?
    Not a bad idea...

So, about that update coming before Sunday is over
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Well you could try this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZWWQ6U3Q

Features (some of them):
    -Peasants are updated thanks to AWellesley's new models (early peasants have 2H crude weapons, later peasants have simple polearms), late peasants become available after about 1220
    -Seether's Alberi di Famiglia Regal v1.01 (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=alberto) is fully integrated (including new faction starting funds and updated King's Purses)
    -HRE has taken over Sicily in Late Campaign
    -Mongol and Timurid economy allows for them to expand much more powerfully
    -a number of stat fixes and updates
    -France has French Archers
    -new Mongol/Timurid icons by merlinuscdxx
    -Fair Prince's text updates
    -totally revised AI siege code to (hopefully) avoid CTD's some people are having
    -era-dependent garrison script (code adapted from Tsarsies)
    -updated Mongol and Timurid army composition and invasion scripts
    -Rozanov's script to destroy unused crusade units

This is still being tested but if you want to be a beta tester there it is

-Extract to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    -Run C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\FILE_TASKS2.bat
    (not critical to do but advisable)
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 20, 2010 at 09:19 AM.

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Downloaded!
    But got a CTD at the launch of the game , when the splash screen appears , it is loading 3-4 seconds and return to windows.My last version was working fine!
    R.I.P. Calvin

Make sure you copy to/extract to Medieval II Total War folder

Works fine - no CTD or any problem.

But: PLEASE rework the strategical In-Game-Map! E.g. you can't discern between Aragon and the Almoravid - they have the same color (attached pic).

Apart from that - excellent work!

romy's Avatar Semisalis

Well , after replacing the files one by one , I figured out that the files that make me crash are export_descr_unit and export_descr_buildings.
    I remember to have used the Larger Battles mod , which worked fine but I don't think it's the cause of the problem.The game can be launched with all the files from the June hotfix but not the export_descr_unit and export_descr_buildings!
    R.I.P. Calvin

The units and buildings files have had significant changes so they won't be compatible with another earlier mod such as Larger Battles.

Really, I can't be responsible for CTD's caused by other mods. Also, the unit sizes and costs (calculated per man from actual medieval costs and multiplied by number of men in the unit) are already scaled correctly for the unit category, type and era, though cavalry may still be a little cheap.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM.

"wife's family is lining up to stay with us and help, so hopefully I can avoid the icky parts"

Isn't living with in-laws even ickier than changing a baby?

Does the update have the no-borders mod, and if yes, how do I turn it off?

Map is fixed? Because I hate to see the palm trees in Constatinopole region. Brasov city is east than is now.
    Thanks for french archers.
    1 important thing in my opinion. The italian factions, when got gothic armors, man at arms, broken lances, all look like clones. The armor is nice but reapeated look ugly.
    I played a lot with teutons. I like them more than Venice, HRE, Aragon or France. But my dear folks, teutons have extraordinary cavalry, great heavy infantry, and almost useles militia troops. Even pikes, who come very, very late, are weak in comparison what enemy have. Not wanna uber teutons, but I think almost absence of missels troops, except livonians and standard archers, make ppl to try to make expensive blitz armyes, who of course will crush enemies at start, but in 1300-1350, things start to be ugly.
    Other thing I saw, Jerusalim have very, very cheap religious order units, in terms of upkeep. Teutons, who are maybe one of worst economical faction, they need 300 florins for their speamans to be keeped. Thats not unfair, is huge. Who else need to pay so much for their upkeep?
    At last but not at end, I experiment a lot with horse archers, no matter if they are turkish, greeks, hungarians, cumans, mercenarys or not. No matter if they have 4,5 or 6 missel damage. A horde of HA kill anything. I mean anything. Like Jerusalim, I quit using the crusade armies at 1 point and using only HA. A stack of HA kill everything, regardless armor, defence ability or shield. I killed bodyguards with armored horses, caliphs and kings. This apply to normal archers too. If I not restrict myself to not use a spam of mourtadoi/pesante archers, I can kill anything. I am imagined if a heavy infantry atack, maybe some arrow got luck to enter in an armor articulation, some weak spot forgeted to be covered, But I just destroied DFK units with archers. In my opinion all archers and HA archers must be nerfed at half versus any armored unit. HA available must be very rare to Levant, very rare, Is not the place for them. In Anatolia all wars are go up hill launch your arrows. I not think the turks fight with greeks in this way.
    Something must be done with HRE, dunno if is about the pope hate to them, their weak garison, I not think so, or bad leaders. Never AI survive like HRE. In 50-80 turns, an Empire became a dutchy. Venice, Genova, Danes are their biggest enemies after pope.
    Please do something with Cumans. Maybe a bigger garison in Walachia and Moldavia? Like I said to Gracul, who implemented already, is a place for region capital be Targoviste in Wallachia and Baia in Moldavia. In 1330 the Cuman leader of Wallachia almost killed the french king of Hungary. Cumans must be a strong presence there. Dunno if we not can implement some of bulgarian mercenary rooster, some hungarian infantry units. Cumans white and black was turkic, but they maded the romanian principates like viable states, and keeped Hungary at bay. Hungary never enter in Bulgaria, except to be ass kicked by Baiazid at Nicopole.
    Can we spam Mongols faster to Europe? I love who they kill iranians, caucasians and cumans. But 2 things rarely happend. The atack of Hungary and Prague, and the crush of Kiev.
    Hope I not pissed anyone with my wall of text, hope my feedback will help a bit for future.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

Hey Pb thanks for the new one, i really appreciate your hard work in it. I've just downloaded it and noticed that musketeers have in their icon an image of RTW, plus now i have an "unlocalised placement text" for peasants (tried with France and England) in custom battles. However great improvement!

I remember that Brasov was in the right place (inner side of bottom right corner of Carpathians) in the early campaign and in the wrong place (quite a bit to the left) in the late one. Has the June update put it in the wrong place again?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=m...ed=0CBoQ8gEwAA

Horse archers can't kill ALL... I had 10 units of Turkish somethings, the Superior ones with 80 men each and I did pretty poorly against 3 Scholarii. I ran out of arrows and had to run around until the timer ran out. My little runaway...
    Last edited by k/t; June 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Heh, the usual complaints are that archers are way underpowered!! (you should hear the whining over at TATW!) There is no way to specifically reduce archer power versus armored units. You can go into descr_projectiles and reduce HA accuracy, or reduce missile_target_accuracy versus infantry in battle_config.xml, or reduce HA ammo load. HA get murdered by opposing foot archers, if you are facing a HA army all you need is 40% spears, 50% foot archers, 10% cavalry to mop up.

Scholarii are mostly impervious to arrows

Haven't changed the maps at all.

Most Italian factions don't get Gothic Armor - their armor upgrades at that time have the same visual appearance as late medieval armor (as was the case historically), but the metallurgy is improved more than for other factions, and earlier:

c_gothic_armourer castle requires factions { northern_european, eastern_european, southern_european, slave, } and event_counter GOTHIC_ARMOR 1
    {
    convert_to 5
    capability
    {
    armour 24 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, }
    armour 25 requires factions { northern_european, southern_european, eastern_european, } and event_counter pike_and_shot 1
    armour 26 requires factions { venice, sicily, milan, papal_states, hre, england, } and event_counter ADVANCED_METALLURGY 1
    armour 26 requires factions { denmark, scotland, france, portugal, poland, russia, spain, hungary, aragon, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, norway, } and event_counter ADVANCED_METALLURGY 1 and hidden_resource venice or hidden_resource sicily or hidden_resource milan or hidden_resource papal_states or hidden_resource hre or hidden_resource england ; captured regions with better metallurgy
    armour 26 requires factions { denmark, scotland, france, portugal, poland, russia, spain, hungary, aragon, kievan_rus, teutonic_order, norway, } and event_counter ADV_MATCHLOCK 1 and not hidden_resource venice and not hidden_resource sicily and not hidden_resource milan and not hidden_resource papal_states and not hidden_resource hre and not hidden_resource england
    armour 27 requires event_counter the_flintlock 1
    }

HRE has better economy now, but the AI still seems to hate them, they are in the middle of many hostile factions. They are much stronger in Late Campaign now they have the Sicilian regions.

Mongols get more stacks and their economy is massively boosted, we will have to see how that affects their gameplay.

Peasants and Musketeers are OK for me, is it Levied Peasants or Peasant Infantry?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    "wife's family is lining up to stay with us and help, so hopefully I can avoid the icky parts"

Isn't living with in-laws even ickier than changing a baby?

Does the update have the no-borders mod, and if yes, how do I turn it off?
    I can provide optional files in proper release, this is a beta really.

TY very much for your Feedback.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!

I enjoy your feedback also, post if you have any. This is a beta really, so there is time to change things.

Are Dismounted frankish knights in ?
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived