Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Next Update

mfdoom's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Next Update

Quote Originally Posted by Slyspy View Post
    Just had another CTD when loading an assault battle through open gates. This time only a small number of turns into a Byz campaign, attacking a rebel settlement.
    Same with me,except that i'm playing with the turks.

So the question becomes "Why are Ritterbruders Feudal instead of Religious Order?".

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    So the question becomes "Why are Ritterbruders Feudal instead of Religious Order?".
    I think it's because he wanted the 800 florin upkeep cost for Ritterbruders, since they are so powerful. Why he didn't give them the high upkeep but just call them a religious order unit is a mystery to me though.

PB: That problem I mentioned with the Byzantines seems to only happen when Kontronatoi (SP?) are on the field. Curiously enough the FPS increases by one or two frames when I zoom into unit level on Kontronatoi. This thing is making it difficult for me to kick Roman ass.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    I'm guessing every unit in the Teutonic Order could be argued as a Religious Order unit... because the faction itself is a religious order. The TO operated like a feudal lordship I'm supposing and as such, had high-ranking members, such as Ritterbruders, who paid feudal dues with military service... or something along those lines. Hence, them being classified as Feudal units rather than Religious Order units.

I would agree that for the HRE the Ritterbruders ought to be Religious Order units but if we're trying to conserve unit space, best keep them as high upkeep Feudal units as a balance mechanism and reality element for the TO.
    Last edited by smitty; June 28, 2010 at 12:40 AM.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

After instaling update I tried to continue my Templar compain with BGR IV.
    It wasn't working properly afterwards. ( every turn I would loose about 300 000 fl . After reinstalled BGR, the new campain wouldn't work as well.

Just had another CTD when loading an assault battle through open gates. This time only a small number of turns into a Byz campaign, attacking a rebel settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom View Post
    Same with me,except that i'm playing with the turks.
    Well both of you should post a log so that someone can identify the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I'm guessing every unit in the Teutonic Order could be argued as a Religious Order unit... because the faction itself is a religious order. The TO operated like a feudal lordship I'm supposing and as such, had high-ranking members, such as Ritterbruders, who paid feudal dues with military service... or something along those lines. Hence, them being classified as Feudal units rather than Religious Order units.

I would agree that for the HRE the Ritterbruders ought to be Religious Order units but if we're trying to conserve unit space, best keep them as high upkeep Feudal units as a balance mechanism and reality element for the TO.
    Right about the Feudal Ritterbruders.

Yes for HRE it would be more appropriate if the were RO units, but unit slots are in short supply.

i would of though much of a Religious Order units costs were picked up by the Religious Order itself (which is why they are so cheap) but as the TO is the Religious Order it's paying for it all itself.

Could the TOs kings purse be scripted to increase for every catholic faction the order is allied with.
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Shayne View Post
    Well both of you should post a log so that someone can identify the problem!
    I already have, though not of this particular crash. You'll find this below:

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Only way to stop spawned garrison units from taking an active role in game is to make specific garrison units.
    you spawn them at the start of a turn if settlement under siege or becomes under siege, and destroy them at the end of the turn.
    (If the settlement is still under siege they simply re-emerge at start of next turn.)

if the settlement is not under siege then destroying them stops them from doing anything more.
    (you'd need to lose several units from the existing EDU though to implement that.)

So garrison script isn't implemented the way it should be. This gives AI to much advantage. What is the easiest way to return to previous (April) hotfix?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Balbor View Post
    Could the TOs kings purse be scripted to increase for every catholic faction the order is allied with.
    Would be very easy for the player to exploit that.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by zlikovac View Post
    So garrison script isn't implemented the way it should be. This gives AI to much advantage. What is the easiest way to return to previous (April) hotfix?
    Its implemented the same way as the garrison script for most mods. Actually it doesn't generate many units, though the numbers do increase a bit in later eras. The alternative is a system as mentioned by Roz - really wish we had more units slots so we could get the best of both worlds!
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 28, 2010 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Would be very easy for the player to exploit that.
    limit it to Poland, Papacy and the HRE, so early on they are likely to have a good income, but factions which boarder the Player always normally end up going to war with you sooner or later.

With none, 500 less than standard Kings Purse
    With 1 allied sponsor standard Kings Purse
    With 2 allied sponsor standard Kings Purse +500
    With all 3 allied sponsor standard Kings Purse +1000
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

what ever happaned to the Irish faction guys? They were definitely around by the late era campaign

Removed to make room for the Timurids.

I already have, though not of this particular crash. You'll find this below:
    You have installed incorrectly. The error is:

22:09:00.368 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    22:09:00.368 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    22:09:00.368 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga

Those 2 files are specifically included in recent patches. Have a look at Stainless_Steel_6\Data\ui\ancillaries, both those files should be there.

That's weird because was sure I followed the install instuctions. Twice in fact, since I've just reinstalled everything and still got a crash (this time the assault on rebel Belgrade worked, but a few turns later the assault in Venetian Ragusa crashed). Nevermind. Further, I'm confused as to why the lack of those files would cause a crash in a siege, especially when a number of sieges have previously worked. Maybe they just indicate that something isn't right. Ho hum. I may have to go back to playing vanilla SS.

Edit:

Actually those tga files are in the directory (although they both have the same picture of an axe weilding knight in a helm and tabard with a cross).
    Last edited by Slyspy; June 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM.

Are those 2 files present in Stainless_Steel_6\Data\ui\ancillaries?

OK was able to finally able to download BC, can't run it however. Think it needs M2TW disc. It would be a massive effort to decipher the BC files and import them. If anyone is familiar with BC files, help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Point Blank; June 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Are those 2 files present in Stainless_Steel_6\Data\ui\ancillaries?

OK was able to finally able to download BC, can't run it however. Think it needs M2TW disc. It would be a massive effort to decipher the BC files and import them. If anyone is familiar with BC files, help would be appreciated.
    I'm running BC for Kingdoms, I think. If I am, I'll see how I did that tomorrow. If it matters at all.
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

So in the final update the Venetian Crusade will be removed? Right now you're just waiting for more bug reports before releasing the final version, right?